Can You Return Items If You Used Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
rymomma has posted more than 25 good deals
makeup Can you return items if you used coupons?

OK...I have been doing the whole coupon thing for about a month or so...got hooked when wags was having the dove/huggies sale. Since then I have been able to build a nice stockpile. Tampons, toothpaste, baby soaps,etc.
Tonight though, I bought makeup I will not use.

Here's my question.

Can I return something if I used a coupon to buy it? Do I just tell them what amount the coupon was for? How does this work? How much are you refunded?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 AM

RE: Can you return items if you used coupons?

My Mood/Status:
michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michellzey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I read somewhere that wags policy is to refund the entire amount of the purchase, cash for cash, credit for credit, and for coupons they refund by a gift card of the same amount in qs that you used. HTH! The 2 x that I returned items, they cashiers/wags employees didn't know their own policy, I had to tell them of it...you may have to also...
The Following User Says Thank You to michellzey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!Vi0let has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Do I just tell them what amount the coupon was for
They get that from the bar code. You get the price paid, tax and I believe coupon value back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vi0let For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Just learning and loving the MM's!!!

bluecrest has posted more than 25 good deals
Here's the policy I found for that...

FYI: Was not off WAGS website, but I've seen this policy multiple times as an e-mail from corporate and can vouch for it working this way b/c I have had to return a few things that I used q's on...

A customer purchased an item using a manufacturer's coupon and wants
to return it. At what price do we return the item?

If an item purchased with a manufacturer's coupon is returned, the
customer will get the retail price of the item. If the customer purchased
an item with a Walgreens coupon, the customer receives the price paid.

Example 1: If the retail price for an item is $1.49 and the manufacturers
coupon was 25 off, the refund amount would be $1.49 plus tax.

Example 2: If the retail price for an item is $1.49 and the Walgreens
coupon was 25 off, the refund amount would be $1.24 plus tax.

Oh and the reason it works like this is b/c they get reimbursed for the manufacturer q's, but they don't for their own. So, the store is NOT losing money when they refund you the original price.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH Mathew 10/7/6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD Ella Kate 9/11/9
& Ollie
The Following User Says Thank You to bluecrest For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2010, 07:56 AM

This is me when a find a great coupon

My Mood/Status:
coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!coupiez4me has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just did it yesterday,returned makeup had 3.00 off on each one they refund the purchase price before coupons,because they have already submitted coupons for re-imbursement..
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 AM

loving the savings!

My Mood/Status:
angwithfreckles has posted more than 25 good deals
Ok. I was in my Wags last night, and got kind of confused. My normally very friendly couponing cashier/supervisor was checking me out, but seemed kind of irritated. I was doing a very small order, so I knew it wasn't about # of coupons being used. (I only had 2). At the end of the transaction, she had to write on the top of my receipt the types and amounts of RR's I earned. I asked her why she was having to waste her time doing that. She said that someone (I honestly wonder if it is the shelf clearer that has been hitting our store) has been buying stuff with coupons, getting RR's, bringing product back in for return and getting away with full purchase price + RR!!! That's all well and good for the THIEF but really isn't fair for the company or other couponers. There are many of us out here who use q's to be able to purchase the things our family needs, and DON'T ABUSE THE SYSTEM!!! So...to anyone who is returning products, please don't abuse the RR's generated with the product. I guess maybe take those back with the product so you aren't stealing the "extra money". If you truly can't use the item, I can understand taking it back, but we already get pretty good deals with our q's, please don't make it so they stop honoring coupons all together. That would bring me and probably many others to the brink as far as finances go. Thanks for listening, sorry I was so harsh...just really mad.