Could Someone Please Help Me Understand B1g1 Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jenniferv4887 has posted more than 200 great deals!jenniferv4887 has posted more than 200 great deals!jenniferv4887 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Could someone please help me understand b1g1 coupons

How do they work? For example on the purex laundry soap. If I use the b1g1 coupon on a b1g1 sale, do I need to buy 2 bottles or 3?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenniferv4887 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2010, 04:41 PM

RE: Could someone please help me understand b1g1 coupons

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
It really depends on your store and what they will let you do. The REGISTER will accept the bogo coupon even if you only buy 2 bottles. It will ring up like this:

Purex 5.99
Purex 0.00
-5.99 (for the bogo coupon)
= 0.00 + tax

My stores so far have been great about letting me do this - they realize that Walgreens is giving me 1 free for the sale and the manufacturer is giving me 1 free for the coupon.

Some stores are friendly and know what you're doing and think it's great. SOME stores don't like to see customers get things for free and will insist that you have to buy 3 so that you are actually paying for 1. So that would go like this:

Purex 5.99
Purex 0.00
Purex 5.99
-5.99 (for the bogo coupon)
= 5.99 + tax

HOWEVER, if you do have a store that insists that you must 'actually pay for one', you'd be better off to get 4 instead of 3, b/c Purex #4 will ring up for $0.00 b/c of the bogo sale, thus you would get 4 for the price of 1 even if you're only allowed to use 1 bogo coupon at your particular store.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrsfloyd For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 04:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
KennedysMommy2005 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I agree that it really depends on your store. I went to 3 stores today- 2 let me use the B1G1 on the one that I was paying for, making my total $0.00. The 3rd store did not let me. Of course, I did not make the purchase at the store that wouldn't let me. I am fortunate to have a lot of Walgreens in my driving area (home, work and school) so I have several choices. The 3rd store today was awesome and I will be making that my store of choice- the cashier was wonderful and the manager was equally as nice and helpful!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KennedysMommy2005 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 05:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
When I first started I could not wrap my head around bogo and bogo = 2 free. didn't I need to "buy" one?? I finally figured out that coupons are cash. The store will get 5.99 cash for the coupon. So, I am buying one (with the coupon) and the store is giving me one for free. I was able to do this deal at 4 Wags today, no problems at any of them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keeperpoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 PM

IowaGal has posted more than 25 good deals
So then I if I have 10 bogo coupons I need to get 30 of them?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
At every Wags and CVS in my area, you'd only need to get 20 bottles. All 20 would be free after coupons. The store is giving you one free for each one that you buy with a coupon = total of 20 free.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My brain obviously isn't working this morning. I'm having a hard time understanding, how you can get 2 items free with a b1g1 free. It seems like it would be exactly as stated. But kudos to those of you who do, and are able to get these awesome deals.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 AM

Krystenn I think I am FINALLY Understanding it. Wags has it BOGO so if I use my coupons that is like "buying" one and then getting one free so the coupon is like cash. So you get 2 free with the coupons. That is how my pea sized brain is finally grasping it..........L
Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 AM

Thank you to everyone for the help
Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferv4887 View Post
How do they work? For example on the purex laundry soap. If I use the b1g1 coupon on a b1g1 sale, do I need to buy 2 bottles or 3?
It depends on how your store takes BOGO MQs on BOGO sale.

there are stores that require customers to pay for 1 item so you get 3. BUT if you see they ring up full price and 0.00 for second item, it is best to grab another one because the 4th rings up zero and it's free while still following their policy. it will look like this,

Purex 1 5.99
Purex 2 0.00
Purex 3 5.99 (where you apply the BOGO MQ)
Purex 4 0.00 ---> this rings up free,

Pay for 1, get 3 for free while still following their policy.

for other stores, the BOGO MQ cancels the one you're paying for like this,

Purex 1 5.99 (some store will take the BOGO MQ for this)
Purex 2 0.00
subtotal: 5.99
less BOGO MQ = 0.00, pay tax if any

another scenario is IF they ring up weird amounts like 4.00 and 1.99 which still comes up to $5.99/2 BUT it makes a lot of difference when using a BOGO MQ since some stores have instructed cashiers to enter the lower value in filling out BOGO MQs. UNLESS one is willing to pay $4/2 it is best to void this kind of transaction and find one where they ring up full price and zero.

HTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
vandijess has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vandijess has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vandijess has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vandijess has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vandijess has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vandijess has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
]
another scenario is IF they ring up weird amounts like 4.00 and 1.99 which still comes up to $5.99/2 BUT it makes a lot of difference when using a BOGO MQ since some stores have instructed cashiers to enter the lower value in filling out BOGO MQs. UNLESS one is willing to pay $4/2 it is best to void this kind of transaction and find one where they ring up full price and zero.

HTH.
Thanks! I've never though about that before.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 AM

Grounded for Life

McLovin Coupons has posted more than 400 great deals!McLovin Coupons has posted more than 400 great deals!McLovin Coupons has posted more than 400 great deals!McLovin Coupons has posted more than 400 great deals!McLovin Coupons has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have instructed my cashiers to not take the BOGO coupons on this Purex deal.
If one is ringing $0.00 then the coupon has to be used for the lower priced item.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 AM

tanyalm

My Mood/Status:
tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!tanyalm1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My ad doesnt have purex bogo They have the sheets 2/9 $1rr so $8 When is the in the ad
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin Coupons View Post
If one is ringing $0.00 then the coupon has to be used for the lower priced item.
I understand stores have the right to reject a coupon BUT to say

that if they accept, the coupon has to be for the lower priced item, then the customer still pays 5.99 for 2 bottles and the coupon is worthless.

So why even take it? I have never seen a store write zero on a BOGO coupon but I have encountered a few who would not take it, which is their right, if that is their policy.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a very difficult time getting my local WAGs to accept my B1G1 coupon to let me have 2 free. One manager told me that the one free is from the manufacturer, not WAGs, so when they try to give the manufacturer the Q for the $5.99 price, the manufacturer will not pay out on the Q. I am not quite sure that is correct because how would the manufacturer know if I bought 2 and got both free or 3 and got two free? I really believe WAGs is getting paid the $5.99 on each Q and there should be no real reason why they wouldn't let you get both free. I am not trying to be a hater, but it gets frustrating when the same company enforces the rules differently all around the nation.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM

dealsleuth has posted more than 100 good deals!dealsleuth has posted more than 100 good deals!
Well I had a first today. I used 2 coupons and got 4 free yesterday at the first store. Went this morning on the way to work and got 4 more free with 2 coupons at a different store. Just got back from the first store for my second trip and the Purex did not ring up buy one get one free. I was told the manager took it off the computer due to the bogo coupons. Then they said it wasn't supposed to be one sale, but they kept referring to a lady that came in last night and "got like 16 of them free." I had them void the transaction and left. Can the manager void sales like this?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:50 AM

is lost somewhere in her stockpile.....
CVS-aholic

mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsfloyd has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
It is certainly your right to exercise discretion on what coupons you wish for your store to accept. However, I think it depends on how you interpret the wording of the coupon. The coupon states that the free item must be of equal or lesser VALUE, not equal or lesser PRICE. Both liquids have a VALUE of $5.99, it just so happens that the current sale makes the PRICE of one of them $0.00. It's all in the interpretation. But even if you disagree, it's still a good deal if the customers in your store purchase 4 bottles and after the sale and using 1 coupon pay $5.99 for 4. Just not quite as great a deal. LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
McLovin Coupons, I am really glad you answered this post because I have always wanted to ask a manager or an assistant manager, "Why?" I was curious why you instructed your cashiers to not take the B1G1 coupon on the Purex deal. I had a friend who USED to work for a K Mart and her K Mart closed because they weren't moving enough merchandise. She believed some of it had to do with their managment's unfriendly attitude toward couponing. She said time and time again, she saw customers leave their purchases at checkout when they were denied coupon use and go to another store (not always a K Mart) to use their coupons.

Aren't you guys evaluated by how much merchandise is sold out of your stores? Do you see a difference in your bottom line evaluations if the customer pays the $5.99 for the Purex or you receive the $5.99 plus 8 cents handling from the manufacturer? Aren't you somewhat "competing" with other Walgreens for sales not to mention the competition with CVS, Rite Aid, etc.? Not being in the "business" myself, I was just curious as to your reasons behind denying this type of purchase. I hope these questions don't come across as confrontational (they are not meant to be confrontational). I just thought if I understood the legitimate reasons behind this type of decision, it may make me shop at WAGs more since CVS, locally, seems to be much more coupon friendly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Losingitagain For This Useful Post: