Read If Your Walgreens Is Out Of Your Items!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 10:02 PM
coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Fyi Read if your walgreens is out of your items!

Hey everyone I keep reading that you go to your fav wags and there out of there sale items. Well corporate there seems to have things backwards the add comes out sunday but they don't get the items till there shipment that week so walk into your fav wags walk over to the cosmetics counter and ask a beauty adviser when they get there truck (mine is thursday) go shopping that afternoon (gotta give them time to stock the shelfs). Also when you make purchaces from isles 1,2,3 those beauty advisers get commision on those items check out with them they are more than happy to do as many transactions as needed (and you don't have the toe tappin behind you). I hope this helps you all on your next trip. Former walgreens beauty adviser.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 PM

RE: Read if your walgreens is out of your items!

Couponing - a way of life
. . . not an addiction

2014 YTD Savings: $1916
My Mood/Status:
BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!BBT.Girls has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Amazing isn't it . . . ad on Sunday but the truck comes on Thursday (in my town). What's wrong with that picture?

In our city, the beauty advisers (BAs) handle all special coupon transactions. That way, the toe tapping at the main register doesn't happen. I've given the BAs quite a bit of my excess coupons for their area . . they were very appreciative. In fact, one has a baby, so she receives my baby-related coupons.

Thanks for sharing about the commission. I had no idea!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:34 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!Eboonesews has posted more than 300 great deals!
My Wags doesn't even put out the advertised items they get. I went in on Sun last week and needed the .39 Sharpies for filler. The manager said he hadn't finished unpacking, come back later in the week. On Tues, they still hadn't been unpacked. The clerk finally found them in the store room and brought out 3. She still didn't stock the shelf.

The BA's have been specially trained to do coupons and are always friendly and eager to check me out.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 AM

Born To Shop

My Mood/Status:
iamstacy42 has posted more than 200 great deals!iamstacy42 has posted more than 200 great deals!iamstacy42 has posted more than 200 great deals!
wish i had that experience at my wags....the BA today I had was very rude, clueless about the coupon policy and I just wrote corporate an email about her specifically...thought i was helping her out since i got the keri lotion, but i will never go in her line again...bad experience....
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have to say this... all the Walgreens in my area get trucks on Thursday and NEVER, not even one single time, have I seen current weeks sales items restocked. So if I don't get the deal Sunday that means I am not getting it.

I have to say though since the Wags in my area switched to 1 RR per item per household per day I have always seen plenty in stock on Sundays. And my husband works 10 minutes away and you pass 5 Walgreens so I stop at each one and do a deal at each. When I pick him up that afternoon I sometimes stop at a couple again. So I can get 5-7 of each item that week without worrying about clearing a shelf.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2011, 05:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Ingramdeb, since you have experience with this...

I don't do this anymore, but awhile back I had a fabulous BA who loved my business. Once day I did about 8 or so transaction in a row. I normally did around 4-5 per trip so it was a little more than average. The next time I came back she said I cannot do multiple transactions anymore because I had set of the loss prevention alarm and the manager came out and checked her drawer and saw all the coupons and said thats a no, no. What set that off and why? I now just go to multiple stores and keep transactions to 2 or 3 per store.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
traintk has posted more than 10 good deals
We definitely have good and bad clerks in the store.. Overall I feel that Walgreens is the best with coupons. I cannot wait to go in every week.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:18 AM

J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!J_S_Searcy has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingramdeb View Post
Hey everyone I keep reading that you go to your fav wags and there out of there sale items. Well corporate there seems to have things backwards the add comes out sunday but they don't get the items till there shipment that week so walk into your fav wags walk over to the cosmetics counter and ask a beauty adviser when they get there truck (mine is thursday) go shopping that afternoon (gotta give them time to stock the shelfs). Also when you make purchaces from isles 1,2,3 those beauty advisers get commision on those items check out with them they are more than happy to do as many transactions as needed (and you don't have the toe tappin behind you). I hope this helps you all on your next trip. Former walgreens beauty adviser.
Great advice. Only problem at my store though it sometimes takes them a couple of days to get things put up.

Another thing....as an example....my store gets a truck on Tuesday that includes most everything in the store OTHER THAN cosmetics, toiletries, and health and beauty aids type stuff.....and then another truck on Thursday that includes the above mentioned stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
15 August 2011 - I GOTTA get rid of some coupons - 2 Ounces of Coupons (Approximately 120) PM for details.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 AM

tammyinwv has posted more than 75 good deals!
The one thing I hate about Walgreens is their rainchecks. Thye are always OOS.
But when you finally get to use a raincheck, you have to pay the FULL price BEFORE RR, then send in thru snail mail to get your RR money. HUGE pain in the butt. I told them Riteaid and CVS just give me raincheck price of product AFTER rewards. They are very helpful there, but if I have to mail each thing in, I am more than likely not going to fool with it. Manager also did mention Wags is talking about going to member cards.
Tammy
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 AM

It's all about Black Friday...

My Mood/Status:
TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TommyMaggyMommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Agreed. Great advice from an insider! Thanks for posting!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!JudyFos has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sometimes the items for this week's ad may have come in on the previous week's truck, too. Just depends on your store and sometimes "who" may have beat you to WAGS (and/or other stores).
Old 08-01-2011, 10:08 AM

coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Oh the lovely loss prevention (Men in black ) when you check out at walgreens and the register beeps for any reason it counts everyone of those beeps your allowed so many and then loss prevention is notified your pulled into the office and grilled why did you do this ect... Walgreens is more worried about there emplyees stealing then the customers weird huh those little balls you see on the ceiling aren't 4 you they are for the emplyees (they face behind the counter) (my personal experiance i had this lady she was like 90 she would call ask for me and give me her shopping list i would have it in a basket for her when she got thier the poor lady couldnt stand long enough to pay let alone walk around the store oh when the men in black saw me doing this boy was i grilled are you saveing stuff for yourself ect... big trouble personaly i think its bad customer service not to help your customers in anyway possible) so work with your beauty adviser and watch the shifts a traditional store open 8am to 10pm has 2 to 3 beauty advisers 1 from 8 to 3 and other 2 to 10 they rotate shifts if you find one you prefer to work with and ask her what days she will be in so you can stick to her/him (yep there is a few men that are beauty advisers) I try to stick to x amount of transactions i don't mind hitting the store again latter that week also there was a comment on the sharpie thing your beauty adviser can search in the back for those items too although its not there area and may have trouble finding them but if she is nice she will give it a wirl for you also stop going to your bussy stores if it means going a few blocks or another mile out of town do it you will be realy surprised they have more time to help ya.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ingramdeb For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cortneymt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
^Ah thank you for the explanation! So its not back to back transactions that trigger it, it is beeps? She was price modifying every item that day because the WQ was not in the system and did not scan so I bet that is what triggered it. Plus, she is the queen of beeps, she is very frantic and types on that keypad at warp speed and the machine makes all sorts of noise.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Born To Shop

My Mood/Status:
iamstacy42 has posted more than 200 great deals!iamstacy42 has posted more than 200 great deals!iamstacy42 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post
I have to say this... all the Walgreens in my area get trucks on Thursday and NEVER, not even one single time, have I seen current weeks sales items restocked. So if I don't get the deal Sunday that means I am not getting it.

I have to say though since the Wags in my area switched to 1 RR per item per household per day I have always seen plenty in stock on Sundays. And my husband works 10 minutes away and you pass 5 Walgreens so I stop at each one and do a deal at each. When I pick him up that afternoon I sometimes stop at a couple again. So I can get 5-7 of each item that week without worrying about clearing a shelf.
same here...i was thinking our trucks came in on thurs also but wasnt positive, so last week i went in every single day after i missed out on sunday, to get the pony tail hair things, and never did they have any come in..
Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 PM

coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Most likely they did come in but you may have some slow or dont care about thier jobs people working there and they sat in the back room never stop at that wags can cll other wags and ask for extra items if they are out for the add next time get to know your fav bueaty adviser when i worked i would go all out to get what my customers wanted there was a bubble bath that was discontinued (stoped making the product) I had a lady that loved it so i called wags all over getting what they had in there stock rooms think i ended up with 12 bottles for her she was so happy I would never settle with the words we don't have i there is always a way to get more.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:19 PM

Born To Shop

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Most likely they did come in but you may have some slow or dont care about thier jobs people working there and they sat in the back room never stop at that wags can cll other wags and ask for extra items if they are out for the add next time get to know your fav bueaty adviser when i worked i would go all out to get what my customers wanted there was a bubble bath that was discontinued (stoped making the product) I had a lady that loved it so i called wags all over getting what they had in there stock rooms think i ended up with 12 bottles for her she was so happy I would never settle with the words we don't have i there is always a way to get more.
wow deb, if we only had more who cared about customers like you..
how thoughtful of you....I did just today meet a very nice cashier in the beauty area, first time she has helped me, she was offering me coupons from behind that counter that were hers that she wasnt going to use, she told me to do as many transactions as needed etc....was a great experience today.hopefully i will recognize her next time and use her..FINALLY...
Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 PM

coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
iamstacy43 im so glad to hear a little pharagraph helped someone i hope more of you all find this helpful at your next wags trip please keep me updated as to any more questions that mabe i can help with more than happy to help if i can in any way
Old 08-06-2011, 03:41 PM

babs6219 has posted more than 10 good deals
At my Wags in Copperas Cove, Tx they give me a raincheck for the items they are out of, on that Saturday AFTER the truck comes in if the item is not there. However, they give me a raincheck for what it will be after RR, so there's no fuss about having to send away for the RR. Apparently, it depends on the manager, so ask if they'll do it for you.

Today, I got rainchecks for the hair clips, joint vitamins and kids fish oil, and they're listed as free when the items actually come in again. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to babs6219 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 05:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
Re_at_RLM has posted more than 25 good deals
My local small town Wags gets 2 trucks per week Tues. and Thurse. But the MGR use to hide things in his office. He also would follow customers around the store watching every little thing they do. He freaked me out so I started shopping at the ones in the near by 2 cities and other small towns. (there are 7 other ones with in 20 minutes of my home) Had to go into my own home town one twice in the past month and noticed creepy guy is not there. They may come down on employees but they can creep out the customers too.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:08 PM

Couponing because kids' activities are EXPENSIVE!

Shanti_Writes has posted more than 200 great deals!Shanti_Writes has posted more than 200 great deals!Shanti_Writes has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Wow! Thanks for the info! I would never have known this!!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 PM

SvetlanaSF has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyinwv View Post
The one thing I hate about Walgreens is their rainchecks. Thye are always OOS.
But when you finally get to use a raincheck, you have to pay the FULL price BEFORE RR, then send in thru snail mail to get your RR money. HUGE pain in the butt. I told them Riteaid and CVS just give me raincheck price of product AFTER rewards. They are very helpful there, but if I have to mail each thing in, I am more than likely not going to fool with it. Manager also did mention Wags is talking about going to member cards.
Tammy
Tammy, can you please elaborate on how to get the RR on a raincheck? I just got my first raincheck at WG and they told me there was no way for me to get the RR! Does it depend on the store? Or is it a corporate policy?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
pennyjul has posted more than 25 good deals
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu View Post

I thought I was the only one! I have 2 Walgreens within 2 miles of each other and another within 5 miles and whenever I try to get more than 2 items that count toward an RR they tell me that I can't and almost snatch the basket from me. This has only happened once before and again today when I tried to roll back and forth between the Colgate Total and the Keri...guess I'll just have to go back every day...the BAs don't seem to mind that much.

btw how do you deal with the gas? I wouldn't mind going back every day if only gas wasn't such a problem (well I guess I could even it out with the $10 gas card from CVS)
and Molly
Old 08-07-2011, 06:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
CharisS has posted more than 200 great deals!CharisS has posted more than 200 great deals!CharisS has posted more than 200 great deals!
My wags gave me a rain check for the Keri and where it says price it is the price after RR.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 PM

coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Oh boy the rainchecks are a hard issue that seems to be a managers choice as to how to write them out but its also in your favor to ask them to list it a certain way becouse of the RR most just didn't think of it that way also i forgot to sugest something to you all I went to my fav wags (its in walking distance from my house ) they were out of the glue sticks so i found the wags brand and just asked the manager could they give me this item for the add item price the manager was like sure (most will) also FYI assistant managers move stores every 2 years due to favortism to the emplyees so if you have that green eyed one at your fav store give it a few and he/she will be moved to another store.
PS. the keri RR runs all month long check back and use your raincheck on next weeks shopping trip.
PSS. Don't be afraid If you don't see the item to ask All wags carry diffrent items due to demand of the area (peps don't get me wrong as a racest or anything im white my hubbie is black) but if you live in a area of most blacks there is gona be a big area of black hair care and less white hair care items sometimes the add has something listed that the store just doesnt carry so they may only get 6 of them in and they dont have a space on the shelf so there thrown on the end of an isle so askin the beauty adviser they might know less stress on you searchin the store.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM

coupons
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_at_RLM View Post
My local small town Wags gets 2 trucks per week Tues. and Thurse. But the MGR use to hide things in his office. He also would follow customers around the store watching every little thing they do. He freaked me out so I started shopping at the ones in the near by 2 cities and other small towns. (there are 7 other ones with in 20 minutes of my home) Had to go into my own home town one twice in the past month and noticed creepy guy is not there. They may come down on employees but they can creep out the customers too.
Your wags gets 2 trucks but they are diffrent 1 for the store items the other 4 pharmacy you need to ask and find out what is the store truck.