WAG Limits On FARR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 09:16 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wags WAG limits on FARR

Is there a true limit on items? I went this morning...purchased the Right Guard Body Wash, Hand Sanitizer and Kleenex Tissue...did the same transaction twice, paying using previous RR's. The store manager was spying my transactions and as I was leaving I heard her tell the cashier to limit the item to 1 from now on.....what is the big deal??? Why does she care? I'm not buying 100 of the items...so who cares...anyway if I call corporate to complain...do I have any ground to stand on?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 AM

RE: WAG limits on FARR

Feels like this yr is flying by

My Mood/Status:
xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!xxnellie146xx has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
They will just tell you that the manager has a right to impose limits. Do you have another store close by that you can shop at?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Victor

My Mood/Status:
victor28music has posted more than 10 good deals
just go to your car and leave the products you already purchase and well go back and do it again had a manager where i live say the same thing back when thermacare deals and i just went out and came back in...theres really nothing he or she can say but call corporate if there rude about it
Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!kis309 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I've heard on here that calling the District Manager sometimes works....do I really want to go down that road? I don't want to get banned by WAG. All I want to do is roll my RR's...what is the big deal...why do they care??
Old 02-06-2011, 09:35 AM

@.@
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kis309 View Post
The store manager was spying my transactions and as I was leaving I heard her tell the cashier to limit the item to 1 from now on.....what is the big deal??? Why does she care? I'm not buying 100 of the items...so who cares...anyway if I call corporate to complain...do I have any ground to stand on?
if you read the fine print on the last page of most weekly ads, there is a disclaimer there that says they have the right to limit sale. Therefore, you cannot challenge the SMs rule on that.

If you're determined to complain, just call the office of the DM. you can call corp for the DMs office number and the assistant will usually take the call.

The outcome will depend on what you say and how you say it with the tone of your voice. Company reps don't take offense when one asks nicely.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do
Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 AM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah, it's stupid, but as everyone else says, they do have the right to impose limits. It's just a shame that they don't want their store's sales to go up. I'm sure that the higher the sales, the better their store looks and subsequently, so does the manager :>

If you live in a well-populated area, hit a few Walgreens a day until you get the amount of items you'd like to have total. Luckily, I live in an area where I can hit 3 Walgreens just on my way to work; there are way more if I travel only a few miles radius away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:56 AM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had an asst manager at the closest Wags to my house tell me the same thing 2 weeks ago. I emailed corporate about the situation (from the customer service link on their site) and asked for clarification about doing 2 transactions. Corporate must've immediately notified the store and/or DM because I emailed them around 3am (bored insomnia moment) and received a call from the store manager about 1pm that very day. She was nice about it and apologized but defended her asst manager's decision/etc. However, she told me she talk to him and tell him to lighten up a bit (he's new) and officially gave me permission to do 2 transactions in the future. Obviously it'd be nice to do more but I'm just happy I don't have to worry about being eye-balled by management now when I do have 2 transactions. It's a start! Also, it's not SUCH a big deal since I pass by 7 or 8 locations on my 15min work commute and there's probably 25 or so more locations within 25mile radius. I live in a heavily infested Wags area, CVS stores have all closed and the nearest RiteAid is 20miles away.

A quick email to corporate followed by a quick call from the store manager is almost pain-free and the worst they can do is say no. Just (calmly) explain your situation and ask for permission to do multiple transactions. Tell them you love Wags and explain you're not trying to clear their shelves or make things difficult for them. If they seem willing to comply, ask them if it would help if you let them know in advance the sale items you'll be stocking up on so they can order additional quantities. Who knows, you might get lucky!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Bhrngari has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotta_crazyperson View Post
I live in a heavily infested Wags area, CVS stores have all closed and the nearest RiteAid is 20miles away.
Where are you in Missouri that all of your CVS' have closed? I'm curious because I'll be traveling to St. Louis on Tuesday and was thinking of seeing if there were any deals at CVS to try for. I'll be heading to Florissant, specifically. TIA~!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, her awesome
ex-Marine.
RIP

Blossom

Our beloved beagle. Oct. 4, 1996 - January 23, 2011. 14 years in our hearts.
Kroger: Central Region
Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
what is the big deal...why do they care??
I think they care because they want to ensure there are sale items on the shelf for other customers during the week. They probably get hit on those surveys if everyone that comes through gets the impression they weren't stocked for a sale. That and once they get a reputation for being sold out of sale items in the first few hours, people will be less likely to go there to get sales items ... and as a result they'll sell less impulse purchases to those lost customers. Their sales are higher when the loss leaders effectively can lure the most people into their store. So limiting transactions can improve their total sales for the week.

Everyone here had good ideas about going to a few different stores if it's not too inconvenient instead of doing back to back transactions wiping out only the sales items at one store.

I've found that if you go back the last day of a sale, particularly the last afternoon or evening, they'll be more generous about upping the limits. I had one guy tell me "go back and buy them all if you want" for an item where the sale was ending in an hour.

If you do that, you'll end up on good terms with the store. That lets you get in on a sale on day 1 but leave stock for others, they get their impulse buys throughout the week, and then you can also clean them out on the last day so their sales are just as good - better actually - then if you cleaned them out on day 1. (Not that you're talking about cleaning them out, I'm grossly exaggerating, I know. Just explaining from their point of view why they would care about limiting transactions.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!knotta_crazyperson has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrngari View Post
Where are you in Missouri that all of your CVS' have closed? I'm curious because I'll be traveling to St. Louis on Tuesday and was thinking of seeing if there were any deals at CVS to try for. I'll be heading to Florissant, specifically. TIA~!
I'm about an hour west of the city. We used to have a few scattered CVS stores across the street from Wags but they all closed within the past year or two. I'm not sure about all CVS stores or the Florissant area specifically but I know there's still several RiteAid stores in St. Louis County/City. You may want to pull up store locations on CVS website just to be sure. HTH!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejake View Post
I think they care because they want to ensure there are sale items on the shelf for other customers during the week. They probably get hit on those surveys if everyone that comes through gets the impression they weren't stocked for a sale. That and once they get a reputation for being sold out of sale items in the first few hours, people will be less likely to go there to get sales items ... and as a result they'll sell less impulse purchases to those lost customers. Their sales are higher when the loss leaders effectively can lure the most people into their store. So limiting transactions can improve their total sales for the week.

Everyone here had good ideas about going to a few different stores if it's not too inconvenient instead of doing back to back transactions wiping out only the sales items at one store.

I've found that if you go back the last day of a sale, particularly the last afternoon or evening, they'll be more generous about upping the limits. I had one guy tell me "go back and buy them all if you want" for an item where the sale was ending in an hour.

If you do that, you'll end up on good terms with the store. That lets you get in on a sale on day 1 but leave stock for others, they get their impulse buys throughout the week, and then you can also clean them out on the last day so their sales are just as good - better actually - then if you cleaned them out on day 1. (Not that you're talking about cleaning them out, I'm grossly exaggerating, I know. Just explaining from their point of view why they would care about limiting transactions.)
Good point, practical advice!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knotta_crazyperson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
There are RiteAid stores in St. Louis County/City? I checked http://www.riteaid.com/ and it keeps telling me there are no locations. I guess they have not updated the website. I'm making a trip to STL soon and I'd love to check them out. TIA.

Quote:
I'm about an hour west of the city. We used to have a few scattered CVS stores across the street from Wags but they all closed within the past year or two. I'm not sure about all CVS stores or the Florissant area specifically but I know there's still several RiteAid stores in St. Louis County/City. You may want to pull up store locations on CVS website just to be sure. HTH!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here's the Walgreens Coupon Policy. Yes they have the right to limit, sorry.

Coupon Policy Help | Walgreens

Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of Walgreens management.

Quote:
Is there a true limit on items? I went this morning...purchased the Right Guard Body Wash, Hand Sanitizer and Kleenex Tissue...did the same transaction twice, paying using previous RR's. The store manager was spying my transactions and as I was leaving I heard her tell the cashier to limit the item to 1 from now on.....what is the big deal??? Why does she care? I'm not buying 100 of the items...so who cares...anyway if I call corporate to complain...do I have any ground to stand on?
The Following User Says Thank You to Springfieldian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM

Goonies Never Say Die

My Mood/Status:
whoopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfieldian View Post
There are RiteAid stores in St. Louis County/City? I checked http://www.riteaid.com/ and it keeps telling me there are no locations. I guess they have not updated the website. I'm making a trip to STL soon and I'd love to check them out. TIA.
Nope, I totally got it backwards. Sorry! I rarely get to the city and I could've sworn we had RiteAid stores. I must've been thinking of my trip to NC to visit my mom, they were everywhere. Apparently we've never ever had a RiteAid here.

I drove past the store that store in my town that closed up 2yrs ago and lo and behold, it was CVS. I literally drive past it twice a day, everyday and this whole time I thought it RiteAid. However (I checked!) and there are still a handful of CVS stores in St. Louis. Again, I apologize...
The Following User Says Thank You to knotta_crazyperson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I do that too sometimes. Iíll drive past something everyday thinking itís one thing and Iíll go when did that get there and DH will say, itís been there for 2 years. LOL.

Quote:
Nope, I totally got it backwards. Sorry! I rarely get to the city and I could've sworn we had RiteAid stores. I must've been thinking of my trip to NC to visit my mom, they were everywhere. Apparently we've never ever had a RiteAid here.

I drove past the store that store in my town that closed up 2yrs ago and lo and behold, it was CVS. I literally drive past it twice a day, everyday and this whole time I thought it RiteAid. However (I checked!) and there are still a handful of CVS stores in St. Louis. Again, I apologize...