Does Walgreen Accept Expired RR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

uc828 has posted more than 25 good deals
Does Walgreen accept expired RR?

I forgot that my RR expired yesterday and it is a big one as well - 10 RR. Anyone has any luck with expired RRs?
The Following User Says Thank You to uc828 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 PM

RE: Does Walgreen accept expired RR?

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've seen some people say that their Walgreens will take an expired register reward within one or two days of it's expiration date, but none of my Walgreens do - and believe me, there have got to be 20 within a few miles of my house and on my way to work.

Some people can use them as manufacturer coupons at stores that take expired coupons, though I'm not sure if they'd take the $10 ones. Still, if you call your Walgreens and they all say "no" to you, perhaps you could always trade it for other coupons, or stamps, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 09:51 AM

bud01cats has posted more than 50 good deals
My Walgreen's is the best ever....I have never had a problem with an expired RR. I have made conversation with the make up lady that checks me out - I think they just know me and I never have problems at my favorite Walgreen's If I go somewhere else I have horrible experiences....perhaps my regular store is aware of the amount of stock I have in thier company. And on that note - Walgreen's stock is one of the best. I bought shares years ago because I liked the store and did not know about Wall Street or any of that information.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bud01cats For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
twin 1 has posted more than 150 good deals!twin 1 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have been working for Walgreens since last September. I work at one in Raleigh NC. Walgreens treats RR just like manufacturer coupons. It even says it is one on top of the coupon. Walgreens does not get reimbursed for the coupons if they are expired. And if the cashier takes one that expired then it is then the cashier is the one who can get in trouble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twin 1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twin 1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM

endows has posted more than 5 good deals
wow! why do some stores (grocery or any other kind of store) take expired coupons? Is there a grace period they have to redeem them??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endows For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM

roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Mine takes them, but it is very much a YMMV type thing.

Friends don't let friends pay retail

I'm a member of @CoffeemateUSA Brew Crew
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roxygirlie1021 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 PM

Love Couponing...

My Mood/Status:
SonJenkins has posted more than 25 good deals
I have to believe there is a grace period because how can those stores get them all sorted and turned in for reimbursement without having at least 30 days to mail them in? But I am sure they don't want to take expired coupons...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SonJenkins For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2011, 05:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!kaedeebug has posted more than 400 great deals!
Has anyone tried using these at Walmart? What is the fair trade value of an expired RR? I am just sick over 1) 5RR, 2)2RR that I let expire! I think I am going to have to break down and get reading glasses LOL! I could have sworn they expired today but no it was yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaedeebug For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
redwor has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!redwor has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!redwor has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!redwor has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!redwor has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!redwor has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Mine doesn't take them either. I have let one too many RR's expire so I don't shop at Walgreen's as much anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to redwor For This Useful Post: