Register Rewards & Rainchecks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Register Rewards & Rainchecks?

I went to one of my wags yesterday to get the dove for men and the shelves were empty...the mgr didn't order anymore to cover friday/saturday. ok!! Anyway, so I asked the cashier if I could get a raincheck and she said yes and I said, but now, would I be able to get the rr? I know that there are no rr's with raincheck...at least is the story the mgr gave me for a tropicana juice I was trying to buy once!! So she told me, you know this is something that they are starting to do now, but we don't know much about it yet...but I guess, you can get the raincheck and then submit the receipt to the company and you can get the rr directly from the company. true or not? what's the real story? Something new or old news? thanks!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 PM

RE: Register Rewards & Rainchecks?

My Mood/Status:
CM Downing has posted more than 200 great deals!CM Downing has posted more than 200 great deals!CM Downing has posted more than 200 great deals!
my store manager said raincheck for sales price this is unfair was my argument and he said rr were for this week only So I'm debating it wasn't that great with out RR
Old 02-14-2010, 09:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
ksdisneyfan has posted more than 200 great deals!ksdisneyfan has posted more than 200 great deals!ksdisneyfan has posted more than 200 great deals!
One of the stores i visit will write the raincheck for the item minus the value of the register rewards. For example, if item cost $ 2.99 and you were to get a $ 2.00 RR they will write the raincheck for $ .99. However, I've never requested a raincheck for an item that would be free after RR and assume they would not issue a raincheck for a free item.
The Following User Says Thank You to ksdisneyfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
at one store with the nicest SM, he writes RCs even for FARR items and its outright free, no sales tax charged since he writes amt as zero. The only drawback is limit 1, can't use MQ so I miss the MM opp.

on the bright side, at least I can get 1 that's truly free

with all the hot deals they offer, I don't complain if most stores don't deduct RRs on RCs. I find it best to be easy on praises and avoid complaints as much as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 10:33 AM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think each store will call the Catalina company and tell them they were out of stock. The Catalina company checks to make sure you purchased the correct item in the right time frame. I don't think he was right. The only way to know for sure is to call.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2)
Old 02-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Stores do NOT have control on printing of RRs once the sale is over. It is true that once a promo ends, they cannot force print RRs unlike the case of ECBs at CVS.

What becomes YMMV are stores that will write the sale price PLUS deduct RR value that should have printed if the item was available. BUT these are NOT unlimited deals that a customer can buy as much as they want when the items become available at the store and get them at sale price less RRs. I am sure no store will allow that since they are eating up a loss on this after a sale is over.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
so with rainchecks we will not get RR? or if they do agree to do RR it will be in cashback or deducted from the item?

forgot to also ask... can rainchecks be use at any walgreens or just the store that issued it?

Last edited by hailove; 02-14-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:32 PM

working
Trying to become a bigger saver!

My Mood/Status:
mandi379 has posted more than 300 great deals!mandi379 has posted more than 300 great deals!mandi379 has posted more than 300 great deals!mandi379 has posted more than 300 great deals!
in my store,they write the raincheck for the price minus the RR. for example, i got a raincheck on the huggies($8.99 w/ $3 RR) written for $5.99/each because the RR won't print after the sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD - 9
DS - 6
DS - 2
Old 02-14-2010, 01:56 PM

feelingr8t has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!feelingr8t has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!feelingr8t has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!feelingr8t has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!feelingr8t has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!feelingr8t has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I just talked to the manager at my wags Thursday about this because they were out of the dove bw as well. He said they can give a rain check but I would not get the rr. He said he couldn't make the register give me one after the sale is over.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:13 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailove View Post
so with rainchecks we will not get RR?
its YMMV. its best to ask your store.

Quote:
or if they do agree to do RR it will be in cashback or deducted from the item?
Its usually deducted from sale price, e.g., Item 4.99 with $4 RR =.99. Quantities on RCs are LIMITED and they control that with corp's blessings. If they write for more than 1, that's great!

Quote:
forgot to also ask... can rainchecks be use at any walgreens or just the store that issued it?
RCs can be used at any branch. However there are stores that take RCs only up to 3O days from issue date. While other stores, RCs don't expire. Even RC acceptance is YMMV
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post: