Walgreens 101~Everything You Want To Know About Shopping At Walgreens

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Walgreens 101~Everything you want to know about shopping at Walgreens

Welcome to the Walgreens 101 Thread. You'll find many of the frequently asked questions here, as well as the not so frequently asked questions.

If you have something to add to this thread, please report the post with your suggested additions/changes by clicking the "report" button in the bottom corner of the post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~I will not run in the rain, I will not run near a train. I will not run when it's hot, Enjoy running? I do not ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rescue a pet today~~they'll be forever grateful

Last edited by twinmommma; 02-10-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: updating
The Following 202 Users Say Thank You to AngieP For This Useful Post:
10goodreasons, 2boys4me, A2Woman, abbyrose04, ahhsew, Aimee2728, almatt01, amcess721, ancientone, anewbern88, apple_butter, apsmama, arose, Azraell, BaileyandAbby, Barbara34, bargainshoppermom, Bhrngari, bidzaway, bighairmom, bigshirley, bjbby1, bluebird23, BMB, brettanne, BrittenL, brook6, bsybing, ca1416, cajunbaglady, calico32, CassiS, CatAnnBur, catsunited, cchriszzy, cflannery, cheepsnack, cheerstef68, chef11mom, cherylrc, christinemedic, cindymo, cjaxon05, cjensen104a, ClippinCrazy, CoastieWife09, coco2, countrygal7906, courtne21, CreoleGyrl, cyrene_cyrene, danitupperware, DarcieB, dealjunkie, debbiedeb, dnilsson, dobieab, DoeBro, dsto2003, dwittwermn, endlesoul, erieboatergal, ervetteck, EStimpert, everytim, floridafinn, FormerDreamer, gansende, gibbs13, goldie39, Gr8day2save, grammar, hahaha, Homekeepn, houndthorn, hpck1969, Huntinglabmom05, igotsimpfyou, IluvCoupons, iluvsaving$$, j4jac, ja9m212, janda727, javaaddict, jeanettebr, jeanmpt, jenakay, jenawood20, jeneta, Jennah73, Jesusfreak, jh23, jillandlogansmom, jujubee23, justnice, Kdmiller90, kelli050, kkaye76, korbensmom, krislati, Ksinfinit, kungqmama, kyahsmama, Lady_Lithium, laffyg, lahmeh, larissa1016, laurajcook, Ldyjarhead, leahjx, lerna83, Lexxiefern27, Lfaith35, lindyf, linzboo, lisatschultz, little.chickadee, loral, lunaohana, luvn2paint, maksmom01, mama2a&e, Manda41, mandarific, MaryEllen27, MaryLynn, Masquerade, massachoomommy, MathTeacher, maxs2005, melaniedewey, Melanievcb, meleofa, mickidrn@hotmail.com, midwestmama, mimmi, mom-armywife4life, mommyhope, mommyterri, momster4de3, morefree4me, motherdragon926, msvidkiller13, msyvonne, myfab5, mystik00769, Nanny Judy, newtothis, ngo1331, njtwin_mom, Patterson2, PawsToAdmire, pennyearned, pgree3, Pinpine77, ppalmer21, precious0912, PZimmerman, QueenLucy114, Rebelya, Rebookie, redwor, rhymeme, rindy27, rogeralex, RONCOUP, Roxxy, rr2004, sabentong, saishap, Sandilee, SandNOceanGirl, Savemoolamom, SBMom, ScrapDiva, sedavis69, ShayMason0614, slow going, slp2b, soulatomic, sparrowmom, staceyph3sc, strawberryshake, supermom0608, sweetshe36, swineinsanity, Tangi1, TechStudent, tinkadink, Tinkerbellny, TJ_2008, ver1234, VivLyn, wannasavemore, wnr327, wstcstflgrl, yarnsmybff, yeahcoupons, yutzdog13, zcraftymom2, zugurt
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 12:41 PM

RE: Walgreens 101~Everything you want to know about shopping at Walgreens

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What are Register Rewards?

What are Register Rewards (RR)?
RR are coupons from the Catalina machine that print after you make a qualifying purchase in the same transaction. Most RRs are "On Your Next Order" (OYNO) which can be used like cash on your next order. Sometimes you will get a Catalina for $ off a particular item. These seem to be generated by the purchase of competitor items.

If my sales flyer shows RRs for tylenol and kelloggs, can I buy them both in the same transaction?
Yes. If you buy different register rewards items in one transaction, one reward for each RR offering should print. However, you need to make sure they are really separate deals. If they are both Johnson & Johnson products, both of your RRs may not print. It's probably better to do separate transactions.

Will my store really let me do separate transactions?
YMMV (your mileage may vary). I tend to do no more than 2 at a time and go when they aren't busy. You can also do your transactions over several different days during the ad period.

Can I use more than 1 RR per order?
YMMV. The RRs now have language which says that you cannot use more RRs and coupons than number of items you are buying. My store interprets that to say that I can use more than 1 RR per transaction.

Can other store GCs sold at WAGs or stamps be bought with a RR? Can I buy gift cards with a WAGs GC?
Most RRs explicitly say that they can not be used on any gift card, pre-paid card or postage stamps. You can use a WAGs GC to purchase other store GCs.

I just got a $5 RR from the Kellogg's deal and I want to use it to buy more Kellogg's items. Can I do that?
This is known as "rolling RRs." You can use a RR from Kellogg's to purchase more Kellogg's items, BUT most likely you will NOT get another RR. Your best bet it to use your Kelloggs RR to purchase another item generating RRs. You can then use the RRs from that other, unrelated item, to purchase more Kelloggs.

If my ad says Buy $15 get $5 do they calculate the $15 before of after coupons?
The amount is calculated before any coupons are taken off.

My RR didn't print. What can I do?
Call Catalina at 1-888-8coupon (1 (888) 322-3814), option 3. Make sure you have your register available when you call. They'll determine why your RR didn't print and if applicable mail you one via first class mail. You can also ask your store for a form to mail in or contact Catalina online: Contact | Catalina Marketing

**thanks to ILuvCoupons for the information

~I will not run in the rain, I will not run near a train. I will not run when it's hot, Enjoy running? I do not ~

Last edited by Tara; 09-14-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: clarify postage stamps & rr
The Following 306 Users Say Thank You to AngieP For This Useful Post:
10goodreasons, 2Haleyjack, 5xthefun, 5zamoras, A2Woman, aaronalita, abbyrose04, abbyv, AdriannasAuntie, akiceman, ala119, alissaroepke, AmandaBeth, ang7474, angelaq, angelger28, Angiecg75, AParsons, AprilMG, arlenes, aspiem, attymama, aweeden77, babybleueyes1017, barbiec, bargainladyscloset, barginsbysteph, Becell2, Belz, betcool, Beth12891, Bhrngari, bighairmom, bigshirley, Bird_Mom, blair_gretchen, blessedgirl, blmgtneeg, bluebird23, Breeze, Brittanyrbnsn, BrittenL, brook6, cajunbaglady, calico32, cariaurich, CatAnnBur, catsunited, cchriszzy, champagnetastes, cheepsnack, chelpa, Chickie Beatle, cindymo, cjaxon05, cjensen104a, ClippinCrazy, clipping_savings, CoastieWife09, Coinperson, countrygal7906, CouponKaylala, couponlover74, cramsek, CreoleGyrl, crissy148, ctsunshine, danitupperware, Darmac44, DarrellsGirl, debbun, dhwriter, dkelly533, dnilsson, doubleblssd, dwittwermn, Eboonesews, eld417, elebobadilla, elisechu, endlesoul, erieboatergal, ervetteck, esquala, EStimpert, estrawderman, everytim, feisty83, finagler, firewarrior, fishman's wife, flamelit, florida2010, fndufus, FormerDreamer, fredysmama, freegroceries4me, froufrouforyou, futurecouponqueen, gabrieleyace, geishagirl81, gidget0949, Ginababy87, glendafunderburk, GLoethen, glowbuoy, Gr8day2save, graciousmom, grammar, Grapevinesoaper, heznjon, hippiemama, Homekeepn, houndthorn, hpck1969, Huntinglabmom05, Huskerdog, hyacinthgirl, jacquelyn79, jamiewantstosave, jas80, Jax4gb, jbhstop, jeanettebr, jeanmpt, jenawood20, jenkerr1, Jennah73, jenniescoupons, Jennuine03, Jesusfreak, jh23, jisutton, jnsmith1, Joannine, jpoole329, jrolle3, jtodacheeny, jujubee23, julieleaps, julietsfolly, Julie_Mommy_of_5, justamotherof4, katiekat1180, kbuck, kdaz1, Kdmiller90, keilabee, kellikae, Kennedey31, keonasiufanua, kimv0707, KMP1976, korbensmom, krimson, kristiina418, kungqmama, ladieebugg, lahmeh, lalaology, lancmaltby, laura264, Lauren0205, lavendar67, lerna83, lillady83, Linda Wms., linzboo, little.chickadee, little2, lovemydh, lucefamily3, lunaohana, luvcatsbaskets, majestixSHOPPER, maksmom01, mama2a&e, mamid3, mark10nina, MaryEllen27, MaryLynn, Mathison, mccune6, melaniedewey, MichelleDeaton, michellemabelle921, Mickow, midwestmama, mightyma86, mimmi, Minnesotamaggie, missgocart, missterrabella, mom-armywife4life, mom21wildchild, momgriz, mommyhope, momster4de3, moneymakingmonkey, monkeybear, ms27, msvidkiller13, msyvonne, mushlrenee, MVPMOM, myfab5, Nanny Judy, naturallysassy, nenachula4u, Nerthing, NMStaceyH, ophlyia, PawsToAdmire, peabody84, pgree3, photobee, poshpoodle, ppalmer21, pyjnuedai, PZimmerman, qpon queen, queensheba123, rach, Rasha, rcmadrigal2, Rebookie, redonnaray, rhymeme, rindy27, riverview9, ROBERTA1985, rogeralex, RONCOUP, rr2004, SAGreene, SandNOceanGirl, SarahD, ScrapDiva, Severine, sgehlhar, sharmn25, Shashahx, ShayMason0614, shink, shoeboxlady, Shopaholic123, simplythebest521, sincerely4me1o0, Slegos, slow going, snowedinn, solitariblu, soulatomic, southerngal108, sparrowmom, Spendwise, staceyph3sc, stayhomemommy, stephens1987, StephR, strawberryshake, Sudoku1, Sunboca, sunspirit161819, supermom0608, sweettalker2168, syanew, Tamana812, Tangi1, tapqueen, taylorbooth, TBakas, tbrown, TechStudent, Templej, The Horizontal YoYo, thenewmrsrue, thoughtwisty, thriftgurl65, timswife, Tinkerbellny, tj-taylor, TJ_2008, tmsparks, Toni Hinchcliffe, trulyonenonly, vaneska, variousstuff, veriria, VivLyn, weddingsrme, williamsmom2, winklel, wnr327, wstcstflgrl, wthanh, yabert, YoungNester, yutzdog13, Zusy
Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 PM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
What are Instant Value Coupons?

What are Instant Value Coupons (IVC)?
IVCs are found in the weekly flyers

Are IVCs store coupons or MFR coupons?
The accepted view is that the IVC's are MFR coupons and can be combined with MFR coupon on all items (including regular price, sale price, and clearence items).

Do I pay tax on the original price or after coupon price?
In most states, sales tax is charged on manufacturer coupon amounts but NOT on store coupon amounts (in-flyer coupons). The IVC are treated as MFR coupons for tax purposes.

Are the limits on IVCs and in-flyer coupons enforced?
This is YMMV. The computer is not programmed to recognize the limits on the coupons. If it says limit 2 but you buy 4, the discount will be provided to all 4 items. However, the store does have the right to limit you to the number stated on the coupon, though they rarely do.

Does Walgreens give overage?
Walgreen's policy is not to give overage. However, it is YMMV. Don't ever count on overage, but make sure you have purchased enough items to cover any potential overage.

If a 7-day coupon says 5/$1, do I have to buy 5 or can I only buy less than 5 and still have them ring up at .20 each?
An in-flyer coupon will reduce price for each item, even if you buy less than 5.

Last edited by VintageTink; 05-28-2009 at 12:49 AM.
The Following 164 Users Say Thank You to AngieP For This Useful Post:
10goodreasons, 5zamoras, A2Woman, aaronalita, abbyrose04, abbyv, ala119, alissaroepke, allmy3sons, angel wings, angelaq, angelger28, aspiem, aweeden77, be blessed, Becell2, bigshirley, bp2002, BrittenL, brook6, cajunbaglady, carriemb2, catsunited, cchriszzy, champagnetastes, cheepsnack, Chickie Beatle, christine261170, cindymo, cjensen104a, cmills, CoastieWife09, countrygal7906, cramsek, ctsunshine, debbun, dkelly533, dnilsson, dwittwermn, Eboonesews, erieboatergal, EStimpert, firewarrior, flower_mom, FormerDreamer, freegroceries4me, froggy6983, futurecouponqueen, geishagirl81, Ginababy87, glendafunderburk, glowbuoy, Gr8day2save, grammar, Grapevinesoaper, hippiemama, hpck1969, IndyDad67, jas80, Jax4gb, jeanettebr, jenawood20, Jennah73, JessieNtx, jlatte, Joannine, jpoole329, jrolle3, jtodacheeny, jujubee23, Julie_Mommy_of_5, justfluffyme, kdaz1, Kdmiller90, keilabee, kellikae, Kissytinkerbel, KMP1976, KrissyK81, kungqmama, larissa1016, laurajcook, LauraKeigher, Lauren0205, leahjx, leapinglizards, lerna83, libby2595, little.chickadee, littlecavalier, lovemydh, lpeacock, lunaohana, luvcatsbaskets, lynn268, majestixSHOPPER, maksmom01, mark10nina, MaryLynn, Masquerade, Mathison, midwestmama, mightyma86, mimmi, Minnesotamaggie, missterrabella, mluisa82, mom-armywife4life, mom2maddy, mommyhope, mommywise, ms27, msvidkiller13, mushlrenee, myfab5, Pinpine77, ppalmer21, PrincessBoo, PZimmerman, Rebookie, rhymeme, rindy27, rogeralex, savedbyzero, sblevesh, SBMom, sgehlhar, ShayMason0614, Slegos, slow going, snowedinn, snvandygriff, solitariblu, SoonerLala, soulatomic, Spendwise, staceyph3sc, Sunboca, supermom0608, SuperNannt, sweetshe36, sweettalker2168, syanew, TBakas, tbrown, TechStudent, Templej, The Horizontal YoYo, thenewmrsrue, thriftgurl65, TJ_2008, tmsparks, trulyonenonly, ver1234, VivLyn, williamsmom2, wnr327, wstcstflgrl, YoungNester, yutzdog13, Zusy
Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 PM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
Walgreens website information

website information

https://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/r...rsonalinfo.jsp

**thanks to jbama for the information

Last edited by AngieP; 08-26-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
Walgreens Coupon Guidelines~FAQ

Walgreen stores accept a variety of coupons everyday. Here are some frequently asked questions as they relate to coupon use:

Walgreens will accept one Walgreen issued coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits such use. You may use a "Walgreens" Roto Ad coupon and a manufacturer's coupon, toward the purchase on any one item.

Walgreens does not provide cash back if a coupon is presented for more than the purchase value of the item. Coupons from other retailers or coupons for products not carried in our stores are not accepted. All valid coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

When purchasing two of the same item with a Buy one get one free coupon offer can an additional manufacturers coupon or store coupon be used in combination on the purchase?
No. One item is being purchased and only one coupon can be used.

If a product is purchased for a price of .78 (cents), for example, and a coupon is given with face value of $1.00, how much is the proper coupon deduction?
Product retail plus taxes, unless state requires consumer to pay taxes.

If a coupon states "good on any size of the product" but does not specifically exclude trail sizes of this product, can the coupon be used on the trial size of the product?
Yes, unless coupon is printed with the wording (excluding trail sizes).

Does the term, "one coupon per purchase", mean per item or per visit to the store?
Per item purchased.

May coupons be used toward the purchase of clearance items?
Yes, however Walgreens does not provide cash back if a coupon is presented for more than the purchase value of the item.

Must internet coupons be printed from the internet in color or is black and white acceptable?
It does not matter how internet coupons are printed.

If I have three coupons and three items will all of the coupons double/triple and allow me to make like savings on like products?
We will accept one Walgreen issued coupon and one manufacture coupon for the same one item, unless either coupon prohibits such use.

Does a Manager have the right to limit the number of ad items I purchase even though there is no limit listed in the ad circular?
Yes, Managers have the right to limit quantities of all advertised items.

Can a store which does not sell an advertised item issue me a rain-check for that item?
Rain checks are not available from stores that do not carry the advertised item.

Do you except expired coupons?
No expired coupons

If I purchase an item with a coupon and I return the item, will I receive a refund for the coupon as well?
YMMV. It is in walgreens employee coupon guidelines that if you do return the item and you used a Manufacturer's coupon then you should get the full price back. If you used a Walgreens store coupon then you will get the price after that coupon.

Do you have a price matching policy?
As a company we do not price match so the answer to all of the below questions are no.

Do you have an accurate price scan guarantee?
Currently we do not have a price guarantee policy.

Does WAGs take food stamps?
YMMV, but some stores will. Check with your local store.

**thanks to QTOS and Keisermom for the information

Last edited by VintageTink; 05-28-2009 at 12:52 AM.
The Following 189 Users Say Thank You to AngieP For This Useful Post:
10goodreasons, 5zamoras, 6inall, A2Woman, abbyrose04, Aimee2728, alissaroepke, amcess721, angelaq, aspiem, aweeden77, Becell2, Beth12891, Bhrngari, bigshirley, Bird_Mom, blair_gretchen, bluebird23, bluejean43, BrittenL, brook6, cajunbaglady, calico32, cariaurich, catsunited, cheepsnack, ChelleMorty, Chickie Beatle, cindymo, cjaxon05, cjensen104a, countrygal7906, couponguru, CouponKaylala, CreoleGyrl, cyrene_cyrene, Darmac44, debbun, dfed913, Dianasaves$$, dkelly533, dnilsson, dobieab, DoeBro, drf987, dwittwermn, elamia, electronicfrog2, erieboatergal, febany, feisty83, firewarrior, flamelit, foreveretc, FormerDreamer, franklins2, freegroceries4me, froggy6983, futurecouponqueen, geishagirl81, gidget0949, Ginababy87, glowbuoy, Gr8day2save, grammar, Grapevinesoaper, hippiemama, hpck1969, ikeranya, iluveds, jamela1022, jas80, Jax4gb, jenawood20, jeneta, JenJackson, Jennah73, jisutton, jlatte, jmtfirewife, jpoole329, jrolle3, Julzlyn, kaileykoo, Katiecat, kbuck, Kdmiller90, keilabee, Kennedey31, KMP1976, korbensmom, KrissyK81, larissa1016, laurajcook, LauraKeigher, Lauren0205, leapinglizards, lerna83, LilyMami, Linda Wms., little.chickadee, littlecavalier, littlenicolekhhs2004, Loading..., lucefamily3, luvcatsbaskets, luvn2paint, Manda41, mark10nina, MaryLynn, Mathison, midwestmama, mightyma86, MissK78, Missnyjfan, mjfenton3, mom-armywife4life, mom2maddy, mommyhope, mommyof1beauty, mommywise, momster4de3, morefree4me, mriv, Mrsbeekeeper, ms27, msvidkiller13, msyvonne, myfab5, ncmonster78, NMStaceyH, ophlyia, pgree3, photobee, ppalmer21, pudding, PZimmerman, Rajasmom, rhondag508, RhylansMom, rhymeme, Rickelpickel, rindy27, riverview9, Robbo, rogeralex, rr2004, SandNOceanGirl, sblevesh, Severine, ShayMason0614, Sholland228, simplythebest521, sjkyne, slow going, snowedinn, solitariblu, soulatomic, Spendwise, SPROSS4664, staceyph3sc, stayhomemommy, StephR, Sunboca, supercouper, supermom0608, SuperNannt, sweetshe36, syanew, Tangi1, TBakas, tbrown, tdmcneil, tess2008, thenewmrsrue, thriftgurl65, Tinkerbellny, TJ_2008, tmsparks, trulyonenonly, ver1234, Victorious1, VivLyn, wnr327, yarnsmybff, YoungNester, yutzdog13
Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
What is a catalina machine

The catalina machine is a little printer machine that sits next to the receipt. It prints out coupons on long, skinny paper. These coupons can be Register Rewards, normally mfg coupons, mail in offers, notification of upcoming sales.

Last edited by IluvCoupons; 09-25-2008 at 06:12 PM.
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to AngieP For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2008, 01:19 PM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
Walgreens weekly ads

Walgreens.com - Local Weekly Ad

Walgreens.com - Official Sneak Peek Ad

Last edited by twinmommma; 02-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Closed Thread