Anyone Ever Purchase A Groupon?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Anyone ever purchase a Groupon?

Ok AFC peeps, got up this Am and found an e-mail about a deal for Williamsburg, Va area resort for $59 a night. DH and I recently spent a night away by ourselves without the kiddos, and have decided for the sanity of both we need to do it more often. So I have never purchased one of these, and am curious how they work. I have a few days left to purchase the offer, but am wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences, or just about anything they can tell me about them. Are they pretty legit?
The Following User Says Thank You to barracuda For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 05:55 PM

RE: Anyone ever purchase a Groupon?

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've had good experience buying Groupon discount for fragrancedotnet and restaurant GCs, but my most recent purchase for Target was quite an ordeal to redeem . Those are small purchases but for large ones, I'd probably try other venues.

I'd be leery of spending high dollar for a short getaway only to find I bought a nightmare But that's just me, I have better luck going to the hotel/resort websites and get good rates with add'l discount if I have AAA/AARP.

Do these getaways more often while you can, when you can. It's good for you as a couple
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bonnie18 has posted more than 50 good deals
I have purchased several groupons and have never had a problem. I think groupon is one of the older, more established daily deal sites. As a matter of fact, one time I purchased a groupon to an event (a year or two ago), and we had problems (bad directions, road work, detours, you name it!) and couldn't make it to the event, and groupon refunded our money without us even asking for a refund as I recall. I called them letting them know what was going on while it was happening and they offered us the refund. Every other time, it's been a pleasurable experience from golfing to dining to photography to medical, we've been happy. Need to follow instructions and pay attention to the expiration dates or use by dates, otherwise you only get dollar for dollar. It's actually pretty simple and you can save a lot of $.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonnie18 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 07:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks, I think we are gonna go for it, book 3 nights. I know the place is nice as my sis has stayed there at the full rate which was Quadruple that price. Yikes!

Thanks Joshmamabear, we enjoyed our little overnight soooo much. We talked more than we have in 20 years. I told Dh we need to make a habit of it Thinking of booking for September as the weather should still be pretty decent.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
IF, by chance you stay in a Wyndham property hotel/resort, make sure to register for a Wyndham account. You get 10 pts for every $1 dollar spent before tax and you earn gifts including free hotel stay once you reach 5500 pts. and up. Just make sure to keep your account active; if there is no activity in 18 months, all points you've earned are forfeited but if you keep on gallivanting very often, you'll rack up points fast enough and get gifts on the side.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
IF, by chance you stay in a Wyndham property hotel/resort, make sure to register for a Wyndham account. You get 10 pts for every $1 dollar spent before tax and you earn gifts including free hotel stay once you reach 5500 pts. and up. Just make sure to keep your account active; if there is no activity in 18 months, all points you've earned are forfeited but if you keep on gallivanting very often, you'll rack up points fast enough and get gifts on the side.
Cool thanks, I will see if it is. It is Owned by Diamond resorts, I thought they might be part of the Sheraton group, but then I think Sheraton is actually part of Wyndham. Will definitely look into it Thanks again