Trader Joe's Meats?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Trader Joe's Meats?

I'm curious if their meats are good. I see all kind of praise for just about everything else but I don't see any mention of their meat, chicken or seafood.
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 10:28 AM

RE: Trader Joe's Meats?

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Now I know why no one answered me. Their meat is pretty sad looking and very expensive.

That was my first time in a Trader Joe's, I have to say I was a little disappointed. Everyone has talked the place up to me for so long, I really expected much more.

The vegetables were way sad and way over priced IMO.

Some of the things were great, the selection of frozen seafood for example. I will be going there for my next seafood meal. It seems like most of the stuff that I thought looked good was frozen. Not much fresh that caught my eye.

The parmeseano reggiano is about 4 dollars cheaper per pound than anyone else in town so that's a plus.

They had a nice selection of dried fruits, too bad they insisted on adding a bunch of sugar to everyone I picked up. I'd love to find dried fruits in a store without added sugar.

And I saw all of the organic milks and buttermilk and kefir but I could not find half and half or heavy cream at all.

The prices on some things that I know from other stores were a lot lower at TJ's. They have a nice selection of EVOO and at good prices.

Plus, they gave me a free reusable shopping bag when they found out it was my 1st time in a TJ's! That was nice, and the cashier was really friendly.
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

BikesAreBetter has posted more than 25 good deals
I wouldn't buy meat there if someone paid me. They actually just had a recall on meat sold there for E-Coli. Suit yourself though..
Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
Cynthiasn9 has posted more than 25 good deals
Unhappy

Food Lion also had a recall on ground beef and they didn't notify customers until a couple of weeks later. I guess you take your chances with beef anywhere you buy it. YUK
Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM

I'm feelng cool

My Mood/Status:
mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mystigal has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
TJ's has really good chicken and turkey breasts. The ones I get are quite large and I like to pop them in the crockpot.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
writerbistro has posted more than 1 good deal
I bought the pork tenderloin for $7.00. I was able to get 3 meals out of it with our family of 3. It was so tender and had good flavor. I buy their pizza dough-.79 each. My family loves it! Their eggs are the lowest price in town for organic/farm raised: 1.49 ea.
I love their GF pasta. It has the best flavor & is only $1.99 a bag. Their frozen chicken tenders-hormone free-is only $6.99 a bag. Walmart and the National chain grocery-$8.00 a bag.
Their produce is always cheaper than the other stores and fresher. They do accept EBT and coupons on national items. I get my UDI's bagels there because they are $1 cheaper than BiLo and Whole Foods. I also like their chocolate coconut milk ice cream...yummy. Their GF pancakes taste like IHOP buttermilk ones, and the price is lower than Van's Waffles. Their deli meat is $2.99 a package and that is the CHEAPEST in town!

I love TJ's and shop there as much as I can. It is 20 min from my house so I have to do other grocery shopping on that side of town, but it is worth it!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
ksmbeach has posted more than 25 good deals
I did the same thing... I thought Trader Joe's was going to be this great place, but turned out to be a disapointment!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!foodie has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fyi

TJ's is great for the following--not meats--of course, we have our livestock so we don't shop for meat.

Frozen vegetables
Dried Fruits
Nuts (Bulk,etc.)
Assorted Cookies/Crackers/Chips
Wine/Beer (from what I hear--we don't drink.)
Frozen Meals/Entrees, etc.
Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins (great for stir frys, etc.)
Frozen Seafood/Fish

We don't buy produce there either since we grow our own; but have it heard it is "hit or miss". Whatever you do, don't shop on the weekends (Friday to Sunday) if possible. Go early around 8 am to Noon weekdays for best service/selection, etc.

Have fun--

Foodie (Katie)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:52 AM

is up way too late/early!

crywithsaints has posted more than 25 good deals
I went there for the first time recently and found some chicken drumsticks for $1.19/lb. I thought it seemed like a good price for natural chicken so I picked up three packages. When I got to the register, the cashier made a big deal out of what a great deal it was for the chicken I was getting... Then it hit me, I was comparing their prices to the commissary meat prices! When I started looking at regular store ads, I realized I should've cleaned them out at that price! Plus, their chicken tasted GREAT and I've since cooked a package of Tyson drumsticks and couldn't eat them because they looked so gross compared to the TJ chicken.

Just my two cents.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM

julesmom has posted more than 1 good deal
I only buy organic chicken. I order my meats from a organic local farm.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:44 PM

Happy

My Mood/Status:
msdayjah has posted more than 10 good deals
The meats look extremely fresh and was advised anything that you buy in the store if you do not like it you can return it back for a full refund
Old 05-26-2016, 03:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I luv their steel cut oatmeal and the cowboy veggie burgers.
The Following User Says Thank You to bodacious For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 10:28 PM

zippy2u has posted more than 10 good deals
We are big fans of their frozen foods, especially the Indian food entrees. So easy and good on nights when we're too tired to cook. They're reasonably priced, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to zippy2u For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 07:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bodacious has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
The chocolate lava cakes are sooooo yummy.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!
meat is awesome from trader joes

kosher chix is cheaper (and more tender than others) than grocery

organic chix and steaks are wonderful

applewood bacon is a fraction of the cost at grocery and is yum