Beware..no Gas Points Til 7/24..grrr...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 06:21 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

foghat has posted more than 50 good deals
Beware..no gas points til 7/24..grrr...

S-o-o-o angry..I shopped for my daughter who's ill..on food stamps .I spent almost $200 after coupons.I only went to Tops to add to my gas points as I knew it would be a big order...just to find out there are no gas points being given until 7/24,AFTER we redeem the points we earned last 6 weeks.I am so mad.I could have shopped at G Eagle for fuel !! or anywhere but Tops.

Cashier showed me tiny,tiny print on top front page of flyer says "redeem gas bonus points thru 7/23 "..I think this wording is entirely different than "no gas points".It is misleading.Even if the coupon promotion giving extra points is over you should still get the regular points for money spent.If I wasn't half crippled I would have said cancel/return/refund my entire order..and shop elewhere.

W-o-o-o,I'm still mad.I don't even live close ..25 miles one-way.Do you think if I call corporate and threaten to return everything I'll get any satisfaction?Do they do this often?what do you think ?

Thanks for 'listening' and beware of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to foghat For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:08 PM

RE: Beware..no gas points til 7/24..grrr...

casadeclay has posted more than 150 good deals!casadeclay has posted more than 150 good deals!
What??? No more points?? So I might as well fill up now. Darn it!!! I was planning on shopping to get up to $2.00 off! Thanks for the info
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 PM

littma53 has posted more than 25 good deals
This is the way that Tops usually runs the gas promotion...You collect gas points for so many weeks and then it ends and then there is a gas point redemption period where no points are earned. Not sure how long the redemption period is? Usually like a couple weeks I think? HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to littma53 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 07:55 AM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Moderator =o)

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littma53 View Post
This is the way that Tops usually runs the gas promotion...You collect gas points for so many weeks and then it ends and then there is a gas point redemption period where no points are earned. Not sure how long the redemption period is? Usually like a couple weeks I think? HTH
Yes - I mention the Gas Points Earn/Redemption Period at the top of each and every match-up thread guys. You earn for 6 weeks, then you have an additional 2 weeks after that to redeem your points. Any unused points disappear when the new earning period begins.

Every Ad states if there are points to be earned. If no points, there is no mention in the Ad.

Hope that helps!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 16
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Khiara 8
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Kabreena 6
, Teigan 1
and SoCo 9

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member??? - You can be a
Volunteer!

Love AFC? Like Helping Others? Please post in
for more info on becoming part of the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!
The Following User Says Thank You to MommaOf2Many For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!Coupon-Kate has posted more than 400 great deals!
I was planning on the points for this weeks trip as well. I got a $1 off though so that's decent. But in my opinion its not really worth it to shop at tops just for gas points. I mean I try to get them to an extent but I never purchase anything that's not on sale and nearly all of mine come from the coupon bonus. Nevertheless I'm sorry you didn't realize

Last edited by Coupon-Kate; 07-16-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
povoskismith has posted more than 150 good deals!povoskismith has posted more than 150 good deals!
TOPS..customer service from home office is not going to get you anywhere. I actually had the dairy frozen manager yell at me when I asked him if he had any more of the philly cooking cream. He was having a bad day. Problem was on sale and free after the BLINKIE coupons....and of course he didn't order enough.
I used to work for Wilson Farms which was once owned by TOPS and you know what is on sale 2 weeks out for ordering purposes. They just promote people to managers who have no concept of inventory control. If it is empty they order it, they have no concept off stocking up for a sale.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NYIceQueen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
You think that's bad? I've been pulling all-nighters/crazy hours because work picked up and i just realized i let my 90 cent/gal discount expire apparently!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 PM

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Moderator =o)

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIceQueen View Post
You think that's bad? I've been pulling all-nighters/crazy hours because work picked up and i just realized i let my 90 cent/gal discount expire apparently!!!!!!!

I just choked on my popcorn when I read this! Tsk Tsk

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 16
, Khiara 8
, Kabreena 6
, Teigan 1
and SoCo 9

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member??? - You can be a
Volunteer!

Love AFC? Like Helping Others? Please post in
for more info on becoming part of the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!