What Are Gas Rewards Points?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
eacrytzer has posted more than 10 good deals
What are Gas rewards points?

I keep seeing everyone talk about these...I have no clue!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 PM

RE: What are Gas rewards points?

Always Clipping, Clipping, Clipping!!
AFC Moderator =o)

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eacrytzer View Post
I keep seeing everyone talk about these...I have no clue!
Gas points!!! Some TOPS have Gas Stations or "Local" TOPS with Gas Stations. When you shop at these TOPS stores you earn gas points. For every dollar amount you spend, you earn points. Every 100 points = 10 off at the TOPS Gas pump.

Currently, us coupon shoppers have it good, because they are now giving an extra 10 points PER coupon for up to 10 coupons PER transaction. That is 100 Bonus Gas Points which equals 10 off (this is in Addition to the $$ Out-Of-Pocket points)

I hope that helps, maybe a little, !!!! I am soooo tired =(

Are you an Active, Deal Sharing Member??? - You can be a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Volunteer!

Love AFC? Like Helping Others? Please post in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for more info on becoming part of the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!

Hi! I'm Heather! ... and these are my Kiddos:
Elijah 16
, Khiara 8
, Kabreena 6
, Teigan 1
and SoCo 9
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 AM

dennis22 has posted more than 200 great deals!dennis22 has posted more than 200 great deals!dennis22 has posted more than 200 great deals!
the limit is 10 coupons per day per Bonus Card and the points keep accumulating until a specific date. Even if you use some but not all of your points to fill up, the balance remains until the due date. Your gas point totals print out on the bottom of your Tops receipts along with your discount off per gallon of gas.
The Following User Says Thank You to dennis22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 AM

dennis22 has posted more than 200 great deals!dennis22 has posted more than 200 great deals!dennis22 has posted more than 200 great deals!
and, it doesn't matter if your local Tops has a gas station, several in our area don't have gas pumps however, you still get the gas points which can then be used at stores that do have gas pumps...
The Following User Says Thank You to dennis22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tai95 has posted more than 200 great deals!Tai95 has posted more than 200 great deals!Tai95 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis22 View Post
the limit is 10 coupons per day per Bonus Card and the points keep accumulating until a specific date. Even if you use some but not all of your points to fill up, the balance remains until the due date. Your gas point totals print out on the bottom of your Tops receipts along with your discount off per gallon of gas.
I'm not sure who told you this, but from my experience that's not true. It's a limit of 10 coupons (for extra gas points) per transaction. I just went on a mini shopping trip today and earned $1.10 off a gallon basically from coupon use. You just have to split your transactions for every 10 coupons. It may take a little while longer to cash out, but at $3.90+ a gallon every cent counts.

I'm finally at $2.10 a gallon off my next fill up. Gonna see how close to free I can get and use the full 30 gallon maximum fill up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tai95 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 05:30 PM

AFC Moderator =o)

My Mood/Status:
MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MommaOf2Many has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yep - it's per transaction for me too. I earned 230 points between 2 transactions today. 16 coupons in each transaction but only the first 10 add the extra 10 Bonus Gas Points as mentioned in the ad.

Volunteer!

Elijah 16
, Khiara 8
, Kabreena 6
, Teigan 1
and SoCo 9
Old 04-19-2011, 10:43 AM

SouthernFriedJulie has posted more than 5 good deals
I hate that I accumulate points and can't use them. We don't have a car anymore. Darn thing died. I should find a local forum user that could use mine when they add up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SouthernFriedJulie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Cuse71cuse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Do the points expire if there is no option to redeem them? Tops is new here in our area and there is no gas station here.
Defeats the purpose to save on gas if you ate driving an hour to and from another city to fill up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuse71cuse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 PM

AFC Moderator =o)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse71cuse View Post
Do the points expire if there is no option to redeem them? Tops is new here in our area and there is no gas station here.
Defeats the purpose to save on gas if you ate driving an hour to and from another city to fill up.
It is my experience that the Tops that do not have a Gas Station within a reasonable driving distance, offer More Dollar Doublers than the stores that do to make up for the difference.

Our nearest Gas Station used to be a half hour driving distance. While the Gas points were going on, we had Dollar Doublers instead, every OTHER week during those 6 weeks. Now that we have a Gas Station, we only get the Doublers when everybody gets the doublers

Volunteer!

Elijah 16
, Khiara 8
, Kabreena 6
, Teigan 1
and SoCo 9