Watermarks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
JLL has posted more than 200 great deals!JLL has posted more than 200 great deals!JLL has posted more than 200 great deals!
Watermarks?

I printed a q for $1/1 off any Garden of Eatin' Product. Also $1/1 Johnsonvile Italian Sausage. Both were Smart Source q's. When I used them at my grocery store, I was told they were "fake" and "copied" .The reason was because they didn't have "drops" or "watermarks" on the background of the box that has the expiration date. Is that correct? Many Smart Source q's that I've printed don't have those "watermarks". Are they all fakes? Help!

Last edited by JLL; 07-06-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: punctuation
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 PM

RE: Watermarks?

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
if you printed these yourself from smartsource, they are definitely legit

SmartSource uses different security features on their IPs...
- unique pin number in upper right
- S watermark
- background watermark under dollar amount
- square dot-scan code that can be scanned for online verification [on smartphone]
- micro printing around edge with Q details

those drops they are referring to are on bricks Qs only, IME
...sounds like store needs some IP education

btw, where did you get that Q?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
The Following User Says Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 PM

FitzyChick has posted more than 1 good deal
I have printed and used both Q's with no problem. Neither had a watermark .
Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
JLL has posted more than 200 great deals!JLL has posted more than 200 great deals!JLL has posted more than 200 great deals!
Brook 6-
I printed the Garden of Eatin from a link posted on another site (not sure I'm allowed to say which one). The Italian Sausage q was from a link on "pocketyourdollars.com" under her q matchups for the PNS ad of 6/26. Thanks for the info on Smart Source q's. Please tell me where I can get the info you posted regarding the legitimacy of the Smart Source q's. I want to print this and take it into the store and show the manager.
TIA!
The Following User Says Thank You to JLL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
here is info to take to store that won't accept smartsource IPs...
http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smar...o_Retailer.pdf

stores really need to be educated on what to look for in terms of IP security
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-

Last edited by brook6; 07-08-2011 at 11:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post: