Does Anyone Coupon In Houston, TX?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

storres0771 has posted more than 1 good deal
makeup Does anyone coupon in Houston, TX?

So like everyone I have been watching Extreme Couponing since the start of the show. And like everyone I am VERY INTERESTED in starting to coupon and start saving loads of money. The only thing is that I don't know where to start or how to even maximize the saving since the stores here in Houston don't double coupons like you see on the show. If there's anyone here that lives in Houston and coupons PLEASE HELP! I would greatly appreciate it
The Following User Says Thank You to storres0771 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM

RE: Does anyone coupon in Houston, TX?

linnatu has posted more than 5 good deals
Just started too. Am a native Houstonian. I live south in Alvin
Old 05-21-2011, 03:08 PM

maggieeisen has posted more than 25 good deals
I suggest you go to mylitter.com she is in the woodlands been on extreme couponing and seems to know every deal in houston I have found real good deals following her advise
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maggieeisen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Thank you sooo much. This is going to be a great adventure.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Zirma
I live in Houston and would also like to get to know how to cupon and save money. If myone knows of a cuponing club or meetings please pass on the info. Thanks
Old 05-28-2011, 02:21 PM

2014 YTD Savings: $9500.00
My Mood/Status:
rdhtwn has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!rdhtwn has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I am in spring, north houston.
The Following User Says Thank You to rdhtwn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 AM

sexytrig33
I'm new to it too. I wish I knew a way to get more coupons. My last trip to the store I saved $32 with my coupons that was from the newspaper and online. I started out buying 1 newspaper now I buy 2 and go online to find them. Do you know of any good sites to go to preferably ones that don't have a print limit. It seems like once you print it a couple times every site you go to says you reached a print limit even though you've never been on that site before?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:50 AM

Coupon9825 has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm in Houston(near downtown) and relatively new to this (started about 2 months ago after watching the show).

So far these are my "tips" and things that have helped me:
1) I buy 1 newspaper every Sunday. I also print out coupons from online sites and store sites (such as Target). I also asked a few people I know and found 1 co-worker who gets the Sunday paper only for the crossword puzzle.... So for the past 3 weeks, she's been giving her her copy of the paper. I found a recycle bin near me and plan on "diving" in a week or so.

2) Keep things realistic. In my humble opinion, I don't think most of us need to purchase 10/20/30 etc. of the same item. Start organizing and learning to maximize the deals with a handful number of coupons. Even if you manage to get 300 coupons (for all different items)....do you have a way to keep them organized? Right now my coupon total is 132...I just finished creating a table in Word that'll help me stay organized.

3) With many stores (Target, CVS, Wal-Green's etc), rules vary from city to city. Right now, being a newbie, I'm keeping my purchases with coupons small whille trying out different stores. I'm focusing on learning the policies of different stores that are particular to "MY" area. From my understanding, most sales are on a "cycle" so there is no rush to get the "deal" right at this moment. I'm also trying to make multiple trips to the various stores I plan on focusing on....I also spend a little time asking questions to employees and managers...to try to see how "coupon friendly" they are and also so as time goes by...they "know" me. I'm SUPER polite to every employee I come across.

4) I read this in one of the threads on top and couldn't agree with it more....It's best to stay "under the radar". As much as I enjoy watching Extreme Couponing, I think it's a BAD idea to walk into a store and "get away" with getting hundeads of dollars of items for free. Why? Because that gets the attention of managers and can lead to policy changes that make it harder to coupon in the future. In my humble opinion, it's best to go in SLOW times and keep purchases small to medium. Just yesterday one of the managers at my Wal-Green's told me how the particular store put a "limit" on items because customers would show up first thing Sunday morning with coupons and clear the shelves.

5) Going back to learning....instead of focusing on trying to get as many coupons as possible, I'm spending majority of my current time on "research". I read this site as much as possible and spend time "studying" the ads. Example: Just realized 2 days ago that for CVS and Wal-Greens, I can already find the "future" ads here! So I've been studying those and trying to see the deals I can get 1 or 2 weeks from now based on the coupons I have.

6) Have patience! The people whor'e veterans and manage to save TONS...they didn't get to where they are now in days or weeks. Just like anything else, it takes time and patience and dedication to become good at something.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coupon9825 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM

Grounded for Life

kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!
Great comment op! I'm from Houston as well and started 2 months ago. I watch EC to learn strategies a on couponing, Im not interested in clearing shelves, just using my coupons and taking care of my family. I purchase 3-4 papers as well as get coupons from my in-laws whom I will get things for them as well if it's a great deal. I also get coupons from the Internet, eBay and in stores. I shop at Kroger, Randall's Wags, CVS, Food Fair, and Foodtown. Food Fair and Randall's double and triple, but only the first coupon per product. I take my hubby with me right before closing so that we can do 2 trans a piece. I also pm at WM when it's not a double/triple coupon.
I do small transactions and stat out of peoples way.
HTH!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kikispiller For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 PM

aceveshelica has posted more than 5 good deals
I live in NW part of Houston & I cant find any store that double/triple
Old 06-03-2011, 08:18 AM

MrsCGRonquillo has posted more than 1 good deal
I live...

in NW Houston (near 290) and I know that Randals has the double and triple coupons. Not sure if it is everyday as I only go there for their meats.

I have always wanted to do the couponing but had no idea where to start. I would be happy to just save 50% whenever I went to the store. I shop at Kroger mainly but do use HEB as well. With Randals having (use to it seems now) better meat deals. I just do not have the patientence to even walk into Wal Mart anymore.

I thought that if there was a group that meets to go over all the coupons and share the ones you do not want or will use and even go over all the deals would be cool. And maybe even have shopping buddies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsCGRonquillo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 AM

I think that would be a great idea. I don't know anything about any groups yet. I have been able to get more info from reading as much as possible here on AFC. There is soooo much to learn. I've had three shopping trips already and have saved 100%, 52% and 49%. My hubby is pleased. I've started my stock pile. Love it. I was able to buy meat marinade for .69 instead of almost 2.99. That is a big deal to me. It's slow going but I'm building my knowledge a little at a time. Seems I learn the hard way sometimes. LOL. I think shopping buddies would be fun. We need to find a way to get all Houstonians together at one store on a certain day. Even if it's to have lunch or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to linnatu For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Coupon9825 has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm all for having a "get together"....whether its a actually shopping trip or just to get lunch or meet up for happy hour....I'd love to get to know others in my area.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coupon9825 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 10:07 PM

mamaholiday
Hi, I have a lot of coupons to trade.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 PM

mamaholiday
Hello,
I collect coupons and would like to trade.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:13 PM

mamaholiday
Hello,
Maybe we could meet at the downtown Houston library and share coupons. We could meet early after lunch. There is a section for young and older kids. I have coupons to trade.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
wiser_dude has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm near The Woodlands -across the freeway. Just started couponing a couple of weeks ago since I've been unemployed for 6 weeks now. I diidn't know about the lady in The Woodlands that has been on Extreme Couponing - I'll be looking at her site shortly.

I'm sure there are many, many people in the greater Houston area that use coupons to some extent.

Would love to meet and greet, so who wants to be the organizer?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:10 PM

kinkz

kinkylilchicky
i am in houston texas, i coupon, but not as far to the extreme as the tv show. i tend to save between 60 and 80 percent per transaction. some tips would be walgreens rr program, cvs ecb program, kroger has good sales, but no double coupons. gerlands does double coupons here in houston. you might know the store as food fair. also look for a food town.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
mschung has posted more than 25 good deals
Dance Planning a Houston Couponing Get-Together

I'm in Houston too. Our family uses coupons to get great deals, but also not extreme...we just get what we need. It sure is fun to get good deals!

I'm considering putting together a get-together / coupon swap for the Houston area. Bring coupons to trade. My office is not far from the Galleria, and we can meet there in a big meeting room maybe on a Saturday morning. Kids will be welcome.

I know people are from all over Houston, so I'd hope the drive would be worthwhile. I'm going to try to see if any of the local grocery stores can offer giveaways so everyone can go home with something new.

Houston couponers, what do you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to mschung For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 PM

kinkz

kinkylilchicky
sounds far for me tho, but others that are closer might be able to come. do you live downtown too? i am on the far eastside, do you know where crosby, texas is? just to the east of houston, it is like suburbs. i would love to start a coupon train, if we kept it in the houston area, it would get to each other faster. what do you think? maybe if we get like 6 together or so. for example i have alot of baby coupons and no babies, my littlest one is 10. oldest one goes off to college in the fall. so i have no use for the diaper coupons, but the next person might enjoy them.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 PM

buzzinga!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm in Houston.. around the Gulfgate area, about 10 minutes from downtown
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
lawsqs has posted more than 10 good deals
Sounds great mschung! I am in the area as well. I started couponing about a month ago and am excited.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:51 AM

jcirillo has posted more than 1 good deal
I am in Houston and I have been couponing for years. I recently started a couponing and savings blog. If you would like to check it out it is realcouponhousewife.blogspot.com. While you are there, you can sign up to get a daily email from me with the latest and greatest deals. Thanks and Good Luck, Jackie.

Last edited by jcirillo; 07-13-2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: error in spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to jcirillo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
pennyjul has posted more than 25 good deals
I live super close to UH main campus (I'm a student there) and I've had a lot of fun getting the hang of coupons in the last 3 months. I'd love to meet other people in the downtown area who want to trade or just get together.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
pennyjul has posted more than 25 good deals
Thank You Couponing in college!

I live super close to UH main campus (I'm a student there) and I've had a lot of fun getting the hang of coupons in the last 3 months. I'd love to meet other people in the downtown area who want to trade or just get together.