Does Anyone Coupon In Houston, TX?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 PM

RE: Does anyone coupon in Houston, TX?

buzzinga!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyjul
I live super close to UH main campus (I'm a student there) and I've had a lot of fun getting the hang of coupons in the last 3 months. I'd love to meet other people in the downtown area who want to trade or just get together.

I'm a student at U of H too!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:55 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

lorernzae has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi i live in magnolia, i am fairly new to couponing too, here's what i have learned, i read forum/blogs to find deals online, i pm at wal-mart, target has great printable that you can use with your manufacturers Q's for bigger saving's, check the store's website for Q's before you go, Q's are everywhere once you start noticing them, you develope an eye for them, they're in magazines, in products, on products, in sales papers, in your mail, All You magazine is great, keep your eye out. Even without doubling and tripling i have gotten a lot of free items and overage. Krogers mega sales are great also, utilize walgreens and cvs also, and don't forget the dollar stores take coupons (and they have Q's in them too) gas stations have the best tearpads. when you can buy trial size for overage. HTH
Old 07-13-2011, 01:05 PM

beanne has posted more than 5 good deals
I live in Spring Branch I would like to trade coupons I have a lot of extra coupons
Old 07-13-2011, 02:48 PM

amandacaitlin0890 has posted more than 50 good deals
I am surprised there aren't more groups with all the people around Houston and its suburbs that coupon! I'm south of Houston in alvin and I see people all the time with binders but never hear of any groups.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM

BestCupcakesEver
New to Couponing

This is so exciting! Thanks for the local info. I would love to trade coupons too. I just started collecting a few weeks ago. In my neighborhood, I found a great way to get many free coupons. I do neighborhood cleanup on Sundays and pick up the weekly circulars in the yards. Most of them are thrown away or get wet by the rain. I got great response from the neighbors, that I am helping them get rid of their trash..but little do they know I have found great treasure in them. The Sunday paper coupons are in these free weekly circulars. No more newspapers to purchase! Awesome. I just want to get a better handle of knowing where the best savings are for my coupons. I have Crest toothpaste for 0.75 off and the lowest price i found was HEB for $1.21. I plan to stockpile a few at this price or lower if I find it. My coupon will get these for 0.46 cents.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
viridianasan has posted more than 5 good deals
Hi. I also live around the gulfgate area. I have been couponing for about 3 weeks and I love it! I am still learning alot, and would like tips on how to save more at HEB or Kroger.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
pennyjul has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi, I have several extra coupons if you ever want to trade! Btw I recommend looking into the Spanish newspapers such as El Rumbo and La Voz, these newspapers are everywhere but you have to keep an eye out because some of them have the SAME coupons as the Houston Chronicle (since HC publishes La Voz). I haven't purchased newspapers in weeks!

I haven't really saved much at HEB because I feel that they try to sell their own brand rather than the ones I like. At Kroger I shop every now and then, e.g. their Mega Sale last week, but I personally love Randalls (there's one downtown) because they still double and triple coupons. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyjul For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Where do you find the Spanish newspapers that have coupons like what stores?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:33 PM

couponin2011
Couponin!!!

I am very interested to meet couponin people in the Houston area...I an new to this and would really like advice and would like to give advice I have learned.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
I have found La Voz inside certain CVS stores and Walgreens with coupons inside underneath the Houston Chronicle (in the same newsstand since its the same publisher). They also have them outside/inside Fiestas but sometimes they have coupons and sometimes they don't. But then again I live in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood (I don't know if that has something to do with it).

I have El Rumbo delivered to my house from the previous house owner's subscription. The subscription to El Rumbo isn't free but it arrives on Saturday and I can see whether I want to get multiples of the inserts. The other Spanish newspaper that has coupons or ads inside is the Semana (last time I found a $1.00 off any size RAID). Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyjul For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
mschung has posted more than 25 good deals
Hello Houston Couponers!

I had previously posted that I was trying to put together a little get-together where we can trade coupons, talk deals, learn tips, and just meet our fellow Houston couponers.

I was trying for a Saturday morning, but all my Saturdays have been busy. How does Sunday early afternoon (maybe 1pm) work for some of you?

The location will be an office building on Westpark, not far from the Galleria.

Someone mentioned a coupon train. I have no experience coordinating one, so this might be a good chance if someone wants to set something up.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyjul
I have found La Voz inside certain CVS stores and Walgreens with coupons inside underneath the Houston Chronicle (in the same newsstand since its the same publisher). They also have them outside/inside Fiestas but sometimes they have coupons and sometimes they don't. But then again I live in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood (I don't know if that has something to do with it).

I have El Rumbo delivered to my house from the previous house owner's subscription. The subscription to El Rumbo isn't free but it arrives on Saturday and I can see whether I want to get multiples of the inserts. The other Spanish newspaper that has coupons or ads inside is the Semana (last time I found a $1.00 off any size RAID). Good luck!
So hopefully I'm replying to this right I wanted to reply this way so no one gets confused who I'm talking to. The one that is made from the same publishers as Houston chronicle is that one free? Sorry I ask so many questions I just don't want to go to a store take one or two and not know whether I need to pay for it or not ! I might check the Spanish grocery stores down here since my fiance is Hispanic and we do go there for meat sometimes.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 PM

ashleycorbin77479 has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm in the sugar land area and would be interested in finding a group.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
La Voz (the one published by Houston Chronicle) is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
(If anyone asks, it states on the upper left corner that it is free; however NOT ALL La Voz have coupons inside - I had to search for a few weeks before I found a consistent location that didn't get raided days before. It comes out on Sunday but I've seen it appear as early as Friday & Saturday afternoon!)

I first saw it in June in a CVS and I looked through it to see what I'd find and low and behold there were coupons! This past week there was even an EXTRA SMARTSOURCE INSERT in Spanish! It had coupons for Palmolive, Fabuloso, Kool-Aid, Suavitel and 1.00 Colgate coupons (as opposed to the .50 center I got the week before from HC)!

Most Spanish newspapers are free, at least the ones that I find, and even when they don't have inserts they have useful ads for Walmart, Lowe's and Staples that I otherwise can't find. I have seen them outside gas stations, outside restaurants and food markets such as Fiesta, La Michoacana and even the 99 Only Store but again you have to search for the ones that consistently have coupons (I get mine from Walgreens & CVS on the South East side where I live)

To mschung:
I'd love to get together but I work at a fleamarket Sat-Sun. I'll stay posted in case anyone else wants to get together in the downtown-Gulfgate-UH area.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pennyjul For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 05:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyjul View Post
La Voz (the one published by Houston Chronicle) is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
(If anyone asks, it states on the upper left corner that it is free; however NOT ALL La Voz have coupons inside - I had to search for a few weeks before I found a consistent location that didn't get raided days before. It comes out on Sunday but I've seen it appear as early as Friday & Saturday afternoon!)

I first saw it in June in a CVS and I looked through it to see what I'd find and low and behold there were coupons! This past week there was even an EXTRA SMARTSOURCE INSERT in Spanish! It had coupons for Palmolive, Fabuloso, Kool-Aid, Suavitel and 1.00 Colgate coupons (as opposed to the .50 center I got the week before from HC)!

Most Spanish newspapers are free, at least the ones that I find, and even when they don't have inserts they have useful ads for Walmart, Lowe's and Staples that I otherwise can't find. I have seen them outside gas stations, outside restaurants and food markets such as Fiesta, La Michoacana and even the 99 Only Store but again you have to search for the ones that consistently have coupons (I get mine from Walgreens & CVS on the South East side where I live)

To mschung:
I'd love to get together but I work at a fleamarket Sat-Sun. I'll stay posted in case anyone else wants to get together in the downtown-Gulfgate-UH area.
Lets all meet! I live really close to downtown (Gulfgate). I am a student at UHD. I need a coupon buddy! LOL
Old 07-20-2011, 11:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dance Official: Houston Couponing Get-Together on Sunday, July 24th!

Houston Couponing Get-Together!

With many coupons expiring on July 31st, bring your extra coupons to trade. Meet fellow Houston couponers and share tips and deals that you have found. Beginners are most welcome to learn how to save money using coupons....you'll find that other couponers are willing to share their experiences!
DATE: Sunday, July 24, 2011
TIME: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
LOCATION: 6220 Westpark (cafeteria in the office building - Not far from Galleria), zip code 77057
QUESTIONS: Call or text Michael at 832-303-3988.
Email blog (at) coolcouponers.com

PERKS: (this list may grow as we get closer to the date)
  • Sturdy, unzippered 2" binders with 10 coupon pocket sleeves available for $5.
  • 9-pocket, 8-pocket, 6-pocket, 4-pocket, 3-pocket, and 1-pocket pages available 5 for $1.
  • Meet some Houston coupon bloggers
  • Meet some couponing teachers and find out when classes are being held
  • Free goodies (while supplies last)

This is posted at:
Cool Couponers - Tips, Deals, and Reviews: Houston Couponing Calendar

I hope everyone can stop by just to say !
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dwhengel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceveshelica View Post
I live in NW part of Houston & I cant find any store that double/triple
Kroger used to double and triple with restrictions, but cut that out earlier this year.

Randall's will double or triple (within their rules) the first like coupon. The 2nd like coupon on up will be at face value.

I'm in the Bear Creek/Copperfield area, but haven't been doing much couponing this year.

We're still working on some of the HBA stuff that I got when I was job hunting from Nov '09 to Feb '10.

Need to start getting back into it, because we're needing to restock on cereals, some canned stuff, and some freezer things.

Della
If we don't have what you are looking for, please email us and
we're more than happy to work with other groups to find you the perfect companion.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
Hook11_03 has posted more than 100 good deals!Hook11_03 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I'm from the Pasadena area...anyone else in this area. it's mostly a pain to coupon in this area boo
Old 07-21-2011, 06:40 AM

kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!
Hey everyone. We may be moving to the Houston area very soon. We are originally from CA, but have been living in Detroit for the last year. CA does not double. I have really enjoyed shopping at Meijer and Kroger for doubles up to 50 cents. What is couponing like in Houston? Where's the best places to shop? Doubles?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook11_03 View Post
I'm from the Pasadena area...anyone else in this area. it's mostly a pain to coupon in this area boo
you can still coupon and get great deals at cvs and walgreens
Have you checked any foodtowns to see if they double?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:39 AM

buzzinga!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelasykes has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalderete
Hey everyone. We may be moving to the Houston area very soon. We are originally from CA, but have been living in Detroit for the last year. CA does not double. I have really enjoyed shopping at Meijer and Kroger for doubles up to 50 cents. What is couponing like in Houston? Where's the best places to shop? Doubles?
No stores double in Houston, unfortunately. Except Sellers and randalls and they double the first like coupon. I shop at heb since its convienant to my home, and I usually save around 50% of my bill
The Following User Says Thank You to angelasykes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 07:09 AM

Grounded for Life

kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!kikispiller has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelasykes

No stores double in Houston, unfortunately. Except Sellers and randalls and they double the first like coupon. I shop at heb since its convienant to my home, and I usually save around 50% of my bill
There is a store called Food Fair, the double and triple like Randall's (1like coupon).
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschung View Post
Houston Couponing Get-Together!

With many coupons expiring on July 31st, bring your extra coupons to trade. Meet fellow Houston couponers and share tips and deals that you have found. Beginners are most welcome to learn how to save money using coupons....you'll find that other couponers are willing to share their experiences!
DATE: Sunday, July 24, 2011
TIME: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
LOCATION: 6220 Westpark (cafeteria in the office building - Not far from Galleria), zip code 77057
QUESTIONS: Call or text Michael at 832-303-3988.
Email blog (at) coolcouponers.com

PERKS: (this list may grow as we get closer to the date)
  • Sturdy, unzippered 2" binders with 10 coupon pocket sleeves available for $5.
  • 9-pocket, 8-pocket, 6-pocket, 4-pocket, 3-pocket, and 1-pocket pages available 5 for $1.
  • Meet some Houston coupon bloggers
  • Meet some couponing teachers and find out when classes are being held
  • Free goodies (while supplies last)

This is posted at:
Cool Couponers - Tips, Deals, and Reviews: Houston Couponing Calendar

I hope everyone can stop by just to say !
Thank you to those that attended our first Couponing Get-Together yesterday. For those of you who couldn't attend this one, we hope you can make it next time. Here's a quick summary of the event:
There were refreshments and snacks for all. We had a nice group of 8 couponers, some very experienced and some beginners. I was amazed how much information of deals some knew about. We were able to trade coupons for the deals we wanted which was awesome, but one of the greatest things was putting together deals using coupons that expire in a few days! The beginners were very excited about getting started, and everyone got 10 free coupon sleeves for their binders.

We'll have another get-together in a few weeks. I'll post here again, but you can always check the website coolcouponers.com or PM me to get on an emailing list.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
I found the spanish newspaper La Voz on campus and it has smart source and red plum inserts! its free!! I did notice that it is not completly the same as the houston chron, It was missing the Irish spring coupons, but it will still work
Thanks pennyjul for the info!!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 AM

buzzinga!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridianasan
I found the spanish newspaper La Voz on campus and it has smart source and red plum inserts! its free!! I did notice that it is not completly the same as the houston chron, It was missing the Irish spring coupons, but it will still work
Thanks pennyjul for the info!!
On what campus did you find la voz?