Printer Rec

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Excited about new ideas

My Mood/Status:
olga1311 has posted more than 100 good deals!olga1311 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Printer Rec

Can you recommend a good but inexpensive printer to print coupons? M+I have HP LaserJet and I HATE that thing. It doesn't work with coupons.com or redplum.com and its WiFi won't work for me either so I can't print through my phone.

I am ready to replace it, I am tired of missing deals
The Following User Says Thank You to olga1311 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 03:22 PM

RE: Printer Rec

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just have one NOT to recommend for coupons. I have a Canon Imageclass D530 and, if it weren't for coupons, it would be a great printer. I cannot, for the life of me get it not to print on two sides. For example, when I print more than 3 coupons on coupons.com, it will suck it back up and print on the back. So it takes me a long time to print out all of my coupons.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:24 PM

kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!
Just one more thing, how are the stores in your area with black and white? If they are all good with them, I would recommend sticking to the laserjet. I used to spend a ton on ink with inkjets, now I buy my replacement laserjet cartridges on Amazon with survey money, they are like $15 and last so long. I print a lot and I have had mine in there for about 8 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalderete For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2015, 08:38 PM

Excited about new ideas

My Mood/Status:
olga1311 has posted more than 100 good deals!olga1311 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalderete View Post
Just one more thing, how are the stores in your area with black and white? If they are all good with them, I would recommend sticking to the laserjet. I used to spend a ton on ink with inkjets, now I buy my replacement laserjet cartridges on Amazon with survey money, they are like $15 and last so long. I print a lot and I have had mine in there for about 8 months.
the problem is coupons.com isn't compatible with LaserJet I thought. It isnt the case?
Old 02-03-2015, 08:56 PM

Oh, so you are having problems printing from coupons.com/redplum, etc.? If so, that doesn't sound like a printer problem, rather a problem with the coupon printer software from each of those sites. Have you downloaded that software, the one that prompts you the first time you try to print from their site? If you have already and are still having problems, I would check if the items are actually going to your printer. You can open up "devices and printers" on your start tab and right click on your printer. It may say "see what's printing" or something of that sort. You can see if the stuff that's not printing is "stuck" in there. I remember that happening to me on my old HP Laserjet when it was in wifi mode. Also, when I say "laserjet" I am not referring to the HP brand, but rather the laser jet ink, as opposed to inkjet (the one that you have to have both color and b&w cartridges that use a ton of ink in my opinion.)

I notice you said that it's wifi. I always had problems with my wifi printers and have reverted to plugging them in directly. I could never print from my phone either.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:00 PM

Excited about new ideas

My Mood/Status:
OK so I did as you said and when I go into my printer jobs , the printing job is sitting there and it says "paper tray needs to be filled". Both manual and reg trays are filled!!! In the meantime coupons.com tell me your coupons have printed successfully.

I am so frustrated I could cry! Missing so many good deals esp the Jergens MM at cvs next week that I really wanted!

Any ideas? Looks like its printer issue not coupons.com
Old 02-04-2015, 03:12 PM

Have you tried to reboot your printer, while the printer is on, unplugging the USB first, then unplugging the power for at least 60 seconds, then turning it back on? The only other thing, which I'm sure you already did, is make sure your paper is pushed back enough to register that it's in there.

Is your printer in wifi mode or directly connected to your computer? I used to have tons of problems with my printing jobs getting "stuck" when my HP was in wifi mode.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:09 PM

Excited about new ideas

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalderete View Post
Have you tried to reboot your printer, while the printer is on, unplugging the USB first, then unplugging the power for at least 60 seconds, then turning it back on? The only other thing, which I'm sure you already did, is make sure your paper is pushed back enough to register that it's in there.

Is your printer in wifi mode or directly connected to your computer? I used to have tons of problems with my printing jobs getting "stuck" when my HP was in wifi mode.

just did all that. no dice Printer is connected via cable