Coupons.com App Says "your Printer Is Not Supported"

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

sjmonroe2002
Help Sign Coupons.com app says "your printer is not supported"

So I just went and bought an HP Laser Jet P1102W so that I can print coupons from all my mobile devices. I get it installed, test it on all my computers as well as mobile devices and it works fine. Except from the coupons.com app! UGH! The app can "see" the printer, but says it is not supported. What have I missed?

TIA!!

Last edited by sjmonroe2002; 03-01-2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 08:04 AM

RE: Coupons.com app says "your printer is not supported"

My Mood/Status:
SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmonroe2002
So I just went and bought an HP Laser Jet P1102W so that I can print coupons from all my mobile devices. I get it installed, test it on all my computers as well as mobile devices and it works fine. Except from the coupons.com app! UGH! The app can "see" the printer, but says it is not supported. What have I missed? TIA!!
I believe that it has to be an inkjet printer. I have an HP Laser Jet wireless printer and I cannot print coupons from coupons.com from my IPad or IPhone. Such a bummer.

Sent from my iPad using AFullCup
The Following User Says Thank You to SCLolly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 AM

sjmonroe2002
It seems as though it needed a firmware update, which i did. Which didn't help...still seeking assistance.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi! I have the same printer and am pretty confident that you cannot print from the coupons.com app, unfortunately. I think there is a chance they may make it compatible in the future, but that is just based on email from a coupons.com support person.

BUT I have good news for you nonetheless! You actually can print some coupons from a device with that printer. You need to get the HP eprint app, then go to hpconnected.com from your device, then set up an account if you don't already have one (if you have a snapfish account, you can use that login). You then need to add your printer (follow the steps to get the printer's IP address, activation code, etc.

Once it is set up, you go to the Services, then Savings Center, and VOILA, most of the coupons.com coupons are there, and you can even change the zip!

I think it uses your printer's IP rather than your device though, so you may only get one additional set of prints this way. The one positive is that it works with android and apple products. I have printed both from my ipad and my Galaxy.

HTH (a little, at least)!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:06 PM

BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the for the instructions - I got this to work! I set it up on my iPhone and iPad - you are correct that you can only print one set of coupons this way, I printed 3 twice from my iPad and then tried to print the same 3 again from my iPhone and it didn't work - but I was able to print a different set of coupons from my iPhone.

I also got an email response from coupons.com support saying they hope to include HP laser printers in the future - I got excited last week when they just updated the app, now it "sees" my HP laser printer but says it does not support it. Before the app update the app didn't even see my printer, so I guess that's progress?

I'm so excited to get an extra set of prints, though, this is great - thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to BethP For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!time_is_on_my_bad_side has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethP View Post
Thanks for the for the instructions - I got this to work! I set it up on my iPhone and iPad - you are correct that you can only print one set of coupons this way, I printed 3 twice from my iPad and then tried to print the same 3 again from my iPhone and it didn't work - but I was able to print a different set of coupons from my iPhone.

I also got an email response from coupons.com support saying they hope to include HP laser printers in the future - I got excited last week when they just updated the app, now it "sees" my HP laser printer but says it does not support it. Before the app update the app didn't even see my printer, so I guess that's progress?

I'm so excited to get an extra set of prints, though, this is great - thanks again!
Yay! Glad to hear it. I was so excited too.

And that is definitely progress on the app. I haven't tried in a while, but I do like the idea of a set from the printer with my phone, then another two with DH's phone and the ipad. Here's hoping!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM

BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BethP has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ah, it is the dream - my parents have a HP OfficeJet that works with the coupons.com and groceryIQ app, so I always bring my phone and iPad when I visit them - I guess I should visit more to be rolling in the IPs
Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SCLolly has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8100 and I cannot print coupons from coupons.com from either my IPad or iPhone. I contacted them and was told they currently do not support this printer. I have tried too many times and nothing works.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by time_is_on_my_bad_side
Hi! I have the same printer and am pretty confident that you cannot print from the coupons.com app, unfortunately. I think there is a chance they may make it compatible in the future, but that is just based on email from a coupons.com support person. BUT I have good news for you nonetheless! You actually can print some coupons from a device with that printer. You need to get the HP eprint app, then go to hpconnected.com from your device, then set up an account if you don't already have one (if you have a snapfish account, you can use that login). You then need to add your printer (follow the steps to get the printer's IP address, activation code, etc. Once it is set up, you go to the Services, then Savings Center, and VOILA, most of the coupons.com coupons are there, and you can even change the zip! I think it uses your printer's IP rather than your device though, so you may only get one additional set of prints this way. The one positive is that it works with android and apple products. I have printed both from my ipad and my Galaxy. HTH (a little, at least)!
You know, I just went back and read what you posted a little more thoroughly and VOILA!!, I too was able to do this. I knew I had already set up "Eprint" as well as HPconnected and forgot all about it. I am so excited. Thank you, thank you. This has made my day!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to SCLolly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2014, 09:11 PM

When I logged into the Savings Center today from my iPad, I got a message saying the Savings Center will soon be retired and will be redirected to coupons.com in April Say it ain't so - I've really been enjoying these extra prints!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethP
When I logged into the Savings Center today from my iPad, I got a message saying the Savings Center will soon be retired and will be redirected to coupons.com in April Say it ain't so - I've really been enjoying these extra prints!
Oh no!!!! I just recently discovered this and was so excited for the extra prints as well. However, I am having problems on my IPad even getting back to the savings at HP connected. Don't know what I am doing wrong. I know that coupons.com does not support the HP printer that I have. So wish they did.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:13 AM

I was having trouble too, then closed out the browser window, then reopened and it worked for me. Though I did get the sad retirement message
Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethP View Post
I know, just when I figured it out! What a bummer. But maybe they will get the app working with more printers soon? We can hope...
Old 03-17-2014, 06:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCLolly View Post
Oh no!!!! I just recently discovered this and was so excited for the extra prints as well. However, I am having problems on my IPad even getting back to the savings at HP connected. Don't know what I am doing wrong. I know that coupons.com does not support the HP printer that I have. So wish they did.

I couldn't get it to open in Safari no matter what I did. But it opened fine in Chrome right away, so maybe try a different browser?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by time_is_on_my_bad_side
I couldn't get it to open in Safari no matter what I did. But it opened fine in Chrome right away, so maybe try a different browser?
I am using Google, just can't get to it for some reason. It definitely doesn't like Safari for some reason.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 PM

I just downloaded the March 31 update for the coupons.com app and now can print to my HP Laser Printer from both my iPad and iPhone!!! So excited!!!

GroceryIQ still does not work for printing to my HP Laser Printer though...
The Following User Says Thank You to BethP For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2014, 05:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Oooh, wow, I am going to have to try it. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:29 AM

squirrel88 has posted more than 1 good deal
is this gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_is_on_my_bad_side View Post
You actually can print some coupons from a device with that printer. You need to get the HP eprint app, then go to hpconnected.com from your device, then set up an account if you don't already have one (if you have a snapfish account, you can use that login). You then need to add your printer (follow the steps to get the printer's IP address, activation code, etc.

Once it is set up, you go to the Services, then Savings Center, and VOILA, most of the coupons.com coupons are there, and you can even change the zip!

HTH (a little, at least)!

Does this method still work or is it gone?

Tags
coupons.com app, ipad, iphone, printing problems, troubleshooting