My Printer Won't Print Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:30 AM
ITS GETTING WARMER

My Mood/Status:
feeko5 has posted more than 200 great deals!feeko5 has posted more than 200 great deals!feeko5 has posted more than 200 great deals!
my printer won't print coupons

I am a newbie and not real computer literate, please help me. I read of all these great coupons and none of them will print on my printer. It will tell me to install printer. I push all the buttons it tells me to, and it will say instaling, please wait, and I have waited up to an hr. It is a Dell all in 1 printer 926. Someone told me it won't print because it's a printer, scanner, copier all in 1 .If this is true, what are my options? Sorry this is soo long. I really want in on all these great deals. Thanks ahead of time.
The Following User Says Thank You to feeko5 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:47 PM

RE: my printer won't print coupons

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am having the same problem. I sure hope someone helps you, if they do it will also help me
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM

ITS GETTING WARMER

My Mood/Status:
feeko5 has posted more than 200 great deals!feeko5 has posted more than 200 great deals!feeko5 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Patiently waiting too, Sally!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok - I borrowed this from TSquared from another site and he borrowed it from someone else at another site. Hope it helps.

So, everyone uses different browsers, from IE to FireFox to Safari.

Sometimes people paste Coupons.com/Bricks links that they recieved in FireFox, which do not work in Internet Explorer or vice versa. You get the "Please wait..." or "Please Install The Coupon Printer" even if you already did.

This trick will allow you to simply change 2 characters in the URL to make a FireFox link work in Internet Explorer and vice versa

Here's how easy it is, the following is a FireFox link:
hxxp://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=ri3peuo59687503&bt=wg&o=53740&ci=1& c=GM&p=TyQrvJAY

note the "wg" in the URL. This link gives the repeating Please Install The Coupon Printer in Internet Explorer.

To make that link an Internet Explorer link we simply change "wg" to "wi" OR "vi" (in this case, both variations work, other coupons it may be wi or vi, trial and error):
hxxp://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=ri3peuo59687503&bt=wi&o=53740&ci=1& c=GM&p=TyQrvJAY
or
hxxp://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=ri3peuo59687503&bt=vi&o=53740&ci=1& c=GM&p=TyQrvJAY

UPDATE: If you want to print Bricks coupons on a MAC with Safari, replace the "wg", "wi", or "vi" to "xs". You can also do the reverse, take a Safari link "xs" to IE "wi" or "vi" or to FireFox "wg".

You do the opposite if you want to print an Internet Explorer link in FireFox!

-Derek-

PS. I changed http to hxxp so you guys can see the full URL without the forum code making it a clickable link.

You can print smartsource coupons easily, by
downloading and using the free "safari" Browser....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 PM

is enjoying her 90% deals from Kohl's
Waiting for spring!

My Mood/Status:
Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Carina has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use Safari and my all in one hated the coupon sites and would never let me print so my DH got me a $30 HP printer with no special features and now I print with no problems.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:41 PM

ITS GETTING WARMER

My Mood/Status:
Thank You Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina View Post
I use Safari and my all in one hated the coupon sites and would never let me print so my DH got me a $30 HP printer with no special features and now I print with no problems.
Carina, Thank you for responding. I am going to try what Lance said in the AM when DD is up to help me. If it doesn't work, or I get to frustrated at $30.00 printer sounds pretty good. Thank you again and I am loving this site!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM

ITS GETTING WARMER

My Mood/Status:
SLANCE68, Thank you so much I tried to send you a PM but don't know if it went through. I will try in the AM when DD is up to help me with the computer. Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:58 PM

hoping Kmart has some good deals.

mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mbpnursy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My niece had a Lexmark all in one, I don't recall the model, but I spent most of the day of her daughter's open house last June figuring out why her AIO would not print qs, as I am a pretty good techy. Then it dawned on me: on the little screen of the printer, it read "copy", not print. No matter what I did, even went by the manual,, it would print anything off the net except for qs.,no matter what browser I used.
The coupon program reads the printer, & the printer is saying it is in Copy mode, not print mode.
Some people that have AIOs have no problems printing, while other can't print qs.
So the best advice is to stay away from AIOs.

R.N.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AND In Store Coupon

Avatar Pic is Eben Ice Caves, a few miles from my house.

Last edited by mbpnursy; 01-03-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:08 PM

frugalRN

My Mood/Status:
vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
You guys are so clever. I can only print SS with Fire Fox.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Sally has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I tried the above changes and still am unable to print some coupons. I do believe mbpurnsy is correct, when I just recently bought my AO1 printer that is exactly when I no longer could print. I may also get the $30.00 printer, how awful is that, just want the printer for coupons although I do need it for copies at times. My new printer even shuts down my IE explorer and that is why I had to get the foxfire.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 AM

ITS GETTING WARMER

My Mood/Status:
Printer printer still won't print coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
I tried the above changes and still am unable to print some coupons. I do believe mbpurnsy is correct, when I just recently bought my AO1 printer that is exactly when I no longer could print. I may also get the $30.00 printer, how awful is that, just want the printer for coupons although I do need it for copies at times. My new printer even shuts down my IE explorer and that is why I had to get the foxfire.

Thanks for all the help.
Sally, DD and I tried yesterday to change the printer, and it still won't print coupons. OH well, I will put a printer on my income tax return wish list!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to feeko5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeko5 View Post
Sally, DD and I tried yesterday to change the printer, and it still won't print coupons. OH well, I will put a printer on my income tax return wish list!!!!
Same here
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
klorenz has posted more than 400 great deals!klorenz has posted more than 400 great deals!klorenz has posted more than 400 great deals!klorenz has posted more than 400 great deals!klorenz has posted more than 400 great deals!
Im the niece that just bought the 30.00 HP the day after thanksgiving and I can print all coupons again. I believe it's the brand I used to have a Lexmark.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to klorenz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM

lulu47 has posted more than 1 good deal
Ok this thread is old but I'd like to give some insight to anyone confused about the answers above.

It could be your browser if you are going to a link someone else provided that goes directly to the coupon page (the bricks page that shows the logo of the specific coupon, and the gray print now sign). If so then you can avoid that by not clicking a link and going to where the coupon is located yourself. Or just do what the first guy said about changing the url coding.

OR

It could be that you have an all in one printer that registers the signal from the bricks coupon as a COPY task, and not a printing task. Thus, failing to print.

For example, my Canon MP480 registers it as a copy. The little screen first says printing for like two seconds and then switches to something else. It doesn't print bricks coupons but prints everything else on the web. It's a great printer, but this JUST SUCKS. I'm a couponer. A piece of me dies when I miss a deal on something I need because I can't print and have to pay $5 for ice cream instead of $1.32 like the rest of my fellow couponers.

I learned the hard way, I have two printers now.

For those of you looking to buy a cheap new one, look on craigslist over ebay. Btw My HP office jet 3600 prints just fine and so did my HP Photosmart C4200.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 PM

moter98 has posted more than 5 good deals
All In One Printer causing the problem!

Thanks for the info about all in one printers. My Lexmark printer does always say copy. It has been driving me crazy trying to figure out why my coupons won't print! I have had to miss so many great deals because of this! I just bought an HP printer that just prints, nothing else. Will see if this solves the problem.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moter98 View Post
Thanks for the info about all in one printers. My Lexmark printer does always say copy. It has been driving me crazy trying to figure out why my coupons won't print! I have had to miss so many great deals because of this! I just bought an HP printer that just prints, nothing else. Will see if this solves the problem.
It should work fine. HP makes the best printers and Lexmark are the worst. You just did a major upgrade even if you didn't realize it. I love HP printers (not their computers though).
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM

Update Update

Just wanted to post an update on this problem. I got my hp single function printer today and after an hour with hp support getting it hooked up to my Mac.......I can print all coupons! Bricks, Smartsource, Redplum, Target, everything! Thanks for this post, now I can start saving some money!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu47 View Post
Ok this thread is old but I'd like to give some insight to anyone confused about the answers above.

It could be your browser if you are going to a link someone else provided that goes directly to the coupon page (the bricks page that shows the logo of the specific coupon, and the gray print now sign). If so then you can avoid that by not clicking a link and going to where the coupon is located yourself. Or just do what the first guy said about changing the url coding.

OR

It could be that you have an all in one printer that registers the signal from the bricks coupon as a COPY task, and not a printing task. Thus, failing to print.

For example, my Canon MP480 registers it as a copy. The little screen first says printing for like two seconds and then switches to something else. It doesn't print bricks coupons but prints everything else on the web. It's a great printer, but this JUST SUCKS. I'm a couponer. A piece of me dies when I miss a deal on something I need because I can't print and have to pay $5 for ice cream instead of $1.32 like the rest of my fellow couponers.

I learned the hard way, I have two printers now.

For those of you looking to buy a cheap new one, look on craigslist over ebay. Btw My HP office jet 3600 prints just fine and so did my HP Photosmart C4200.
I had the same problem with my Canon till I downloaded FIREFOX.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ladieb2 has posted more than 5 good deals
What's the model number of the printer you bought?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 AM

HP deskjet 3000 got it on Amazon for $60. Worth every penny