Printer Ink

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Doug T has posted more than 5 good deals
Printer Ink

I bought a printer to print out coupons and already ran out of ink.
27 bucks for a new pack of cartridges.

Has anyone ever used to refill kits and are they easy to use?
I seen some about 11.00 bucks and says good for like 6 refills.

Just dont want to try it if too hard to do.
Thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM

RE: Printer Ink

Jumping for joy is good exercise!

My Mood/Status:
mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mchrisman has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I tried them a few years ago. It was pretty easy but it was messy. I don't know why but it always seemed like I got more ink on myself then in the cartridge...but then again I'm pretty clumsy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Mom to 3yr old Robert Jr.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to mchrisman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 PM

texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!texasdee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I tried the refill kit for black cartridges years ago and I agree with PP. Not hard but very messy and sometimes the cartridge would not work after refilling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texasdee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM

jtrade has posted more than 150 good deals!jtrade has posted more than 150 good deals!
IMO, it is best to get a laserjet printer instead of a color inkjet printer... yes the 1 Laserjet toner cartridge is more but you only need 1, not 3 or 4 @ $20+/each and they usually yield at least 5000 printed pages or more... If you print in "Econo Mode" you will get 1.5x the max yield per cartridge..

On a side note the printer companies are getting smart and putting chips on the cartridges.. Once that cartridge goes empty the printer knows and will not accept it as being full even if re-filled.

J

Last edited by jtrade; 06-07-2011 at 04:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtrade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 06:00 PM

mwhitney76 has posted more than 200 great deals!mwhitney76 has posted more than 200 great deals!mwhitney76 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I agree I bought an old laser printer off ebay... for 30 then the ink that prints 25, 000 yes thousand prints for 20.... ink jet printer will eat your ink alive.. my old printer may be huge but for printing out things for my classroom and coupons.. can't beat the price.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwhitney76 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 PM

jtrade has posted more than 150 good deals!jtrade has posted more than 150 good deals!
I use a HP LaserJet 6p, google it. You will see it is old but runs like a top. I can print all year long for $100 or less... As as the previous person posted it is not uncommon to print 15,000+ pages per toner cartridge...

Who says coupons need to be printed in color?

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitney76 View Post
I agree I bought an old laser printer off ebay... for 30 then the ink that prints 25, 000 yes thousand prints for 20.... ink jet printer will eat your ink alive.. my old printer may be huge but for printing out things for my classroom and coupons.. can't beat the price.

Last edited by jtrade; 06-07-2011 at 06:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtrade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
Doug T has posted more than 5 good deals
Ok sounds like the way to go is a laser jet printer.
I think I am going to have to go shopping then :p

Thanks Everyone
Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
brambos has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug T View Post
Ok sounds like the way to go is a laser jet printer.
I think I am going to have to go shopping then :p

Thanks Everyone
I have a Brothers MFC fancy unit.... I buy cartridges on eBay or Amazon at not much a hefty price. Works great, doesn't kill me in cost of cartridges. I tried that refilling when I had another brand, OMG, I too must be THE clumsiest person on this earth. I even wore gloves and got it all over my elbows - don't ask ...

Just can't win a horse race for speed but I didin't enter it either! LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!
I have an inkjet and I refill the cartridge until the poor thing just falls apart but I'll probably look into a laser printer in the near future. Before I started printing coupons, refilling my inkjet was the best option for me.

If you decide to stick with the inkjet and refill your cartridges, make sure you get the refills that come with syringes that you use to draw the ink out of the bottle and then dispense into your cartridge. They're much easier to work with than the ones that have the ink container and needle as one piece. Also, depending on your printer model, some cartridge can be very difficult to refill and as a PP said some printers wont recognize a refilled cartridge. Make sure to research your cartridge first so you don't waste time and money buying a refill kit that you wont even be able to use.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Agille37 has posted more than 25 good deals
read

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrade View Post
IMO, it is best to get a laserjet printer instead of a color inkjet printer... yes the 1 Laserjet toner cartridge is more but you only need 1, not 3 or 4 @ $20+/each and they usually yield at least 5000 printed pages or more... If you print in "Econo Mode" you will get 1.5x the max yield per cartridge..

On a side note the printer companies are getting smart and putting chips on the cartridges.. Once that cartridge goes empty the printer knows and will not accept it as being full even if re-filled.

J

Yes but there is one refill that I know of that has a way around it. I can't remember the name but I will find out. It has you (1) take three separate stickies and apply them to the heads. (2) From there you put it in printer and let it cycle, (3) take the cartridge out, (5) take off one sticky, (6) put it back in and let it cycle. Do this for remaining stickies. More simple than it sounds. I love it. Once you do it once, you do not have to reset that cartridge again regardless of the amount of times you refill it. Also, It says 6 uses, but with mine I always got at least twice that many of refills.
HTH!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: