Smartphone Scannable Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Is it Friday yet?

My Mood/Status:
KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KarmaVB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Smartphone scannable coupons

Good Morrning!

I logged onto AFC today and one of the ads on the side was for Duncan Hines. It said, "Capture the Code". So I scanned it with my phone and then I got a coupon.
My question is.. What are these called and is there a site that lists these coupons? I havent seen too many of them and was curious.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 AM

RE: Smartphone scannable coupons

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
They're 3rd party ads, so they're difficult to track. I see them periodically on random websites as well. sorry, but not much help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~I will not run in the rain, I will not run near a train. I will not run when it's hot, Enjoy running? I do not ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rescue a pet today~~they'll be forever grateful

Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 AM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
how did you get the coupon...on your phone or IP?
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Agille37 has posted more than 25 good deals
How do you use it the coupon?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
dee15mom has posted more than 100 good deals!dee15mom has posted more than 100 good deals!
I just show it to the cashier, never had a problem.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 PM

I'm Snoopy Dancing My Way To Sales And Deals!

My Mood/Status:
iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've also noticed that some of the recent inserts had various promos, etc with scannable barcodes.

I have a coupon / grocery app on my phone and scan barcodes using the same lense that is used to take pictures or videos. In the app that I use a box with a red line across it appears in the view finder and it beeps when it has read the barcode. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it you will love it!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvadoption View Post
I've also noticed that some of the recent inserts had various promos, etc with scannable barcodes.

I have a coupon / grocery app on my phone and scan barcodes using the same lense that is used to take pictures or videos. In the app that I use a box with a red line across it appears in the view finder and it beeps when it has read the barcode. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it you will love it!
Must be a droid! LOL! What is the name of the app?
The Following User Says Thank You to Agille37 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!iluvadoption has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agille37 View Post
Must be a droid! LOL! What is the name of the app?

Yes, it *is* a droid, !...an HTC Evo at that.

I am almost afraid to mention the name of the app because I've posted about it a couple of times and do not want anyone to think that I work for the software company.

It is Grocery King Version 5.6.

Grocery King 5.6

There are free apps out there that offer a lot of the same features. If you (meaning anyone reading this) are new to technology, then this app is probably not for you. It has a lot of features and can be overwhelming if you are just looking for something basic that will get the job done.

Last edited by iluvadoption; 08-17-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
I have an incredible and I will have to try it. I have out of milk. It is ok.

Sent from my android using AFullCup
Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvadoption

Yes, it *is* a droid, !...an HTC Evo at that.

I am almost afraid to mention the name of the app because I've posted about it a couple of times and do not want anyone to think that I work for the software company.

It is Grocery King Version 5.6.

Grocery King 5.6

There are free apps out there that offer a lot of the same features. If you (meaning anyone reading this) are new to technology, then this app is probably not for you. It has a lot of features and can be overwhelming if you are just looking for something basic that will get the job done.
I love what the reviews say about it. Does it compare prices? I saw something about it letting you know if it was higher or less than other places. Also does it have a way of letting you put q's in?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
I am heading out of town for the day but promise to answer this question the next time that I am online.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
TIA. Hope your day was great

Old 08-18-2011, 07:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agille37 View Post
I love what the reviews say about it. Does it compare prices? I saw something about it letting you know if it was higher or less than other places. Also does it have a way of letting you put q's in?

It does what it claims it will do, but involves more user input than is described in the description given by its developers.

It does compare prices, but based on the data you input or the barcodes you scan.

Once you get used to the app and get things configured the way that you want them configured it is a helpful tool.

My DH thinks it has too many features and has opted to install a more basic app on his phone, which is humorous since he is a computer programmer, !

It does have a check box option for Q's and a field for notes. I use the note field for specific information, such as:

Colgate toothpaste
Sale Price: $1
Q: $1
Final Price: Free

This way when I print the list or email it to myself or my DH it will have all of the needed info.

I would check the android marketplace to see if they still offer a free trial version, because it is definitely not for everyone. I would feel bad if you bought it on my recommendation and hated it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: