Target Returns When Coupons Used?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 10:56 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

himitsu has posted more than 200 great deals!himitsu has posted more than 200 great deals!himitsu has posted more than 200 great deals!
Target returns when coupons used?

What happens to coupons when a return is made at Target? I am looking for the policy on it and I cannot find anything.
I asked my sister to pickup something and she got the wrong items all together. I need to return the items but I don't want to lose my coupons and my gd is allergic to the brand she got.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:14 AM

RE: Target returns when coupons used?

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
along1111 has posted more than 75 good deals!
My experience has been that if you use a mfr. coupon, it will give you credit for the coupon when you return it, but if you use a Target coupon, it will subtract the Target coupon... so no credit for the Target coupon, but I believe you get credit for the mfr. coupon.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:14 AM

himitsu has posted more than 200 great deals!himitsu has posted more than 200 great deals!himitsu has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thnx
Old 11-15-2011, 04:56 AM

hhaywood has posted more than 10 good deals
this is actually the reason my Target is making it so incredibly difficult for couponers....apparently couponers have been purchasing huge amounts of items with coupons and then returning it all for the cash (not saying this is the case with you!) I'd actually love for them to change their policy and maybe next time legit couponers go in we won't be given dirty looks and treated like shady criminals
Old 11-15-2011, 12:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
jodeeann0518 has posted more than 400 great deals!jodeeann0518 has posted more than 400 great deals!jodeeann0518 has posted more than 400 great deals!jodeeann0518 has posted more than 400 great deals!jodeeann0518 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I bought a sleepwear shirt for $6.49 and used a $3/1 target q. Paid $3.49 for the shirt plus the rest of my items When i got to my car, i realized i had the wrong size. So i returned it. They gave me back $6.49. Hth!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
jeffcocouponlady has posted more than 25 good deals
what happends is you get the retail price if you use a mfr coupon. If you use a target coupon at the time of the purchase the price of the item will be adjusted according to the value of the coupon.

Example #1 you buy an item that costs $3.00 and you have a .50 cent mfr. coupon you pay only $2.50 but if you decide to return the item you will get back $3.00 which was the retail price.

Example # 2 you buy an item that cost $5.00 and you have a $1.00 Target coupon what will happen is when the coupon is scanned the price of the item will be adjusted from $5.00 to $4.00 to reflect the coupon used. If you decide to return the item you will get back $4.00 not $5.00.

See Target coupons can adjust the price so the store does not lose that $1.00 in case the person decides to return an item, for some reason the same cannot be done with mfr coupons so the ones that lose in this case are the manufacturers.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've found that when returning an item that the Target coupon didn't attach to your item (where the coupon beeps and they have to push the magic button), you'll get the full value of the item back.

Bought some men's mossimo shirts for $9.48. used $5 off target mossimo coupon. When looking at the receipt, the $5 target Q shows up way at the bottom, not up by the shirt. When I returned this shirt, they gave me the $9.48 back. Which I think is fair, since they can't return your target coupon to you, and with target only allowing 2 TQ's to print per computer, they're hard to come by.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:20 PM

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcocouponlady View Post

See Target coupons can adjust the price so the store does not lose that $1.00 in case the person decides to return an item, for some reason the same cannot be done with mfr coupons so the ones that lose in this case are the manufacturers.
The reason this can't be done on MFR coupons is that they have already submitted the mfr coupons for redemption, so if they didn't refund you the money from the Manu Q, they'd be committing fraud by submitting the coupon for the $1 and still keeping your $1 from you. I still think if the store won't return you the $ for your target Q, they need to dig out a target Q and return it to you. I really watch how my coupons come off, in case there is an item I need to return.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
subu has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!subu has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!subu has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!subu has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!subu has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!subu has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I had this happen to me at k-mart: Bought 6 All detergents using $2 coupons and tried to use their in store coupon too. Ignorant cashier wouldn't allow it. So at the end of transaction I said I just want to cancel everything. Made me do a return and then they wouldn't return my coupons and wouldn't give me full value of the detergents! And this was with the store manager.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM

Paulette

My Mood/Status:
pauletteinparadise has posted more than 100 good deals!pauletteinparadise has posted more than 100 good deals!
My target doesn't refund any coupons at all- they refund the oop price only.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Queen

Queen0507 has posted more than 200 great deals!Queen0507 has posted more than 200 great deals!Queen0507 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I guess it all depends on the manager and the store. On July 3rd (sunday) I went to target to.process match for.the first (& only time) walgreens had foil for like 1.79 and I had $1 qs the cashier made it seem like she could change the price right the but when my total was give she said " o just go to guest service and they will give u the $ back" Basically the manager denied my pm because it was a 2 day sale so I just wanted to return all 7 rolls and wanted my $ and qs back she no I can't get u $ back because u used qs so she put it all on a gift card $40+
Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
jeffcocouponlady has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen0507 View Post
I guess it all depends on the manager and the store. On July 3rd (sunday) I went to target to.process match for.the first (& only time) walgreens had foil for like 1.79 and I had $1 qs the cashier made it seem like she could change the price right the but when my total was give she said " o just go to guest service and they will give u the $ back" Basically the manager denied my pm because it was a 2 day sale so I just wanted to return all 7 rolls and wanted my $ and qs back she no I can't get u $ back because u used qs so she put it all on a gift card $40+

See that is where I think they were wrong. If the transaction was done the same day and the qs were still in the drawer they could have just voided the transation all together given you the money and coupons back like the transaction was never done or.....

They could have given you your money back without the coupons and you would have gotten the retail value but some places are starting to do the giftcard like they gave you to try to stop couponers that are scamming from making money. This is where I dont think it is right just because of a few bad apples a few people are being labeled wrong