Limiting 4 Like Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
limiting 4 like coupons

yesterday I was at Target purchasing cat food with the Fancy Feast coupons that are buy 3 get 1 free can. I had 10 coupons ready to use, 40 cans of cat food. this isn't the first time I did this transaction, I've been going in a couple times a week doing the same transaction (10 coupons, 40 cans)with no problems.

This time the guy told me there is now a limit of 4 coupons per item, so I was "oh ok..." there were people in line behind me so I didn't want to hassle over it there and went up to customer service and they told me the same thing. The supervisor was there and said it's a new rule to prevent shelf clearing (I'm thinking ok, but this is cat food I have here, it's not like it's a hot sale item).

is this really a new rule at Target? I know they recently changed their coupon policy but I don't see any limit of 4.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hailove For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM

RE: limiting 4 like coupons

needs a vacation
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have not heard this at either of my stores recently but in the past these rules seem to come and go in my area. The store closest to my mom's house tends to have these rules when it is convenient or when they do not like a particular customer. Me and my mom can go shopping together and she will have no problem and I do every time - to the point that I stopped shopping there for months because every time was a struggle.

I would wait a while and try again because like I said sometimes the rules change quickly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sargentkr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 02:37 AM

Adriana07 has posted more than 1 good deal
you should try doing different transactions or take someone else with you to help you
The Following User Says Thank You to Adriana07 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
zachjessmom has posted more than 100 good deals!zachjessmom has posted more than 100 good deals!
I just looked at the Target website's coupon policy and nothing there says limit 4 like q's.
I would try printing that out and bringing it with you. If they argue then just say "Its not in the policy so how am I to know about this rule?"
Might work?
Cheryl
Old 09-30-2011, 06:30 AM

needs a vacation
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Arguing the it is not in your policy has never worked at my Target. They always say that it is up to each store manager to decide their own policies.
The Following User Says Thank You to sargentkr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 AM

melodicrevival has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentkr View Post
Arguing the it is not in your policy has never worked at my Target. They always say that it is up to each store manager to decide their own policies.
I'd call the corporate office is this is the case. I've found that if corporate says they are wrong, they are more than happy to discuss it with said manager on your behalf.
The Following User Says Thank You to melodicrevival For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 06:58 AM

plotting the next trip
Just Me

My Mood/Status:
Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Hadsgirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Each store manager can tweek their own policy including limiting the number of like coupons. I beleive we will continue to see "rules" like this while extremem couponing is airing and more and more people run out to buy 40 cans of something 2 or 3 times per week... No offense original poster... I don't give a rats behind how many cat foods you buy but I'm just sayin... I have always found the key to Target is to fly under the radar, although I myself have pushed the envelope too... especially with those apparel coupons... love me some free clothes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
's and 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
's
The Following User Says Thank You to Hadsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 07:20 AM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm sorry your store manager appears to have implemented this rule but I believe they are well within their rights to do so. I would not call customer service over something so trivial.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 AM

is a CVS addict!

My Mood/Status:
PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
The Bethlehem, GA store has instituted a one like per transaction rule and Snellville has gone to a 3 like per trans all within the last week.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Paulette

My Mood/Status:
pauletteinparadise has posted more than 100 good deals!pauletteinparadise has posted more than 100 good deals!
Several of the targets in my area are at a limit of four also.
The Following User Says Thank You to pauletteinparadise For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:31 PM

Loving it!

My Mood/Status:
bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My target as informed me now it's 2 like coupons to prevent shelf clearing
Old 09-30-2011, 05:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
cricket11 has posted more than 400 great deals!cricket11 has posted more than 400 great deals!cricket11 has posted more than 400 great deals!cricket11 has posted more than 400 great deals!cricket11 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have 2 Target stores near me, one Super and one not.

A few weeks ago at the Super Target I was trying to do the buy 2 Clorox 2 get a $5 GC deal (it is over now). I had 6 Clorox 2s and there were plenty left on the shelf. I had a Q for each and the cashier told me that they had just started a new policy that if you are using Qs you can only buy 5 of that item (don't get me started on the fact that he said it was only for coupon users to prevent shelf clearing and if I wasn't using Qs I could buy as many as I wanted). So I put 2 back and just bought 4.

That same week I went to my non-Super Target and they told me that they didn't have a limit.

I have since gone back to the Super Target where I was told they had a new policy and the cashier I went to said she had never heard that and let me use more Qs.

I think it is just a whatever that cashier wants to do at that time sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to cricket11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2011, 10:35 PM

Loving it!

My Mood/Status:
bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket11
I have 2 Target stores near me, one Super and one not.

A few weeks ago at the Super Target I was trying to do the buy 2 Clorox 2 get a $5 GC deal (it is over now). I had 6 Clorox 2s and there were plenty left on the shelf. I had a Q for each and the cashier told me that they had just started a new policy that if you are using Qs you can only buy 5 of that item (don't get me started on the fact that he said it was only for coupon users to prevent shelf clearing and if I wasn't using Qs I could buy as many as I wanted). So I put 2 back and just bought 4.

That same week I went to my non-Super Target and they told me that they didn't have a limit.

I have since gone back to the Super Target where I was told they had a new policy and the cashier I went to said she had never heard that and let me use more Qs.

I think it is just a whatever that cashier wants to do at that time sometimes.
That's what my mom & I were discussing that it's only a rule for couponers not everyone else & isn't fair. As long as we follow the coupon policies and not clear shelfs we shouldn't have a limit. If there's a limit they should limit everyone coupon or not!
The Following User Says Thank You to bmrodriguez1588 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 11:43 PM

Jamesmom430 has posted more than 5 good deals
I was at Target a few weeks ago and the lady in front of me was buying several items with coupons, but no more of 4 of each item. The cashier told her that she could not use her coupons because they states no more than 4 "like" items. He told her that her items were similar (like all cleaning products) so she could not use them. She was very nice to him and told him she thought he might be mistaken because that is not what the policy is, but he insisted so she just did not buy the items that she couldn't use the coupons on. I thought this was crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamesmom430 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2011, 01:00 AM

Loving it!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmom430
I was at Target a few weeks ago and the lady in front of me was buying several items with coupons, but no more of 4 of each item. The cashier told her that she could not use her coupons because they states no more than 4 "like" items. He told her that her items were similar (like all cleaning products) so she could not use them. She was very nice to him and told him she thought he might be mistaken because that is not what the policy is, but he insisted so she just did not buy the items that she couldn't use the coupons on. I thought this was crazy.
At least she was nice about it! But sucks some cashiers are not informed right!