Using A Coupon After The Fact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 04:30 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kitten has posted more than 50 good deals
Using a coupon after the fact

Has anyone tried using one of the Target coupons after the fact? I forgot one of my coupons last time, can I go back to customer service with it?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:05 PM

RE: Using a coupon after the fact

My Mood/Status:
sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!
I did that... But it was immediately after. I handed her my receipt and said "I just checked out a few minutes ago and totally forgot to use my coupon!". She gave me cash back. Yay. Might not work if a lot of time passes though...?!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and a crazy black kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to sparklylikeaholiday For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 05:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
sourmom2 has posted more than 5 good deals
I have never done this at Target but have at Jewel-Osco (grocery store) 1 day after my purchase and they had no problem honoring my coupons (HTH)
The Following User Says Thank You to sourmom2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!kittycatinkc has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten View Post
Has anyone tried using one of the Target coupons after the fact? I forgot one of my coupons last time, can I go back to customer service with it?
Yes, but it must be the same day, at least here in Kansas City.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittycatinkc For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 05:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
if you really want to use it, return it to Customer Service and then go buy it again and use the coupon.
The Following User Says Thank You to KaillasB For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 PM

my sweet blessings has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!my sweet blessings has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!my sweet blessings has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!my sweet blessings has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!my sweet blessings has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!my sweet blessings has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've only done it if I just get through checkout and am about to walk out the door when i realize i forgot a coupon. so, within minutes of the transaction.

I did forget to use 2 coupons the other day when I bought my BIC pens. I realized after I had left. I just decided to use the coupons to buy more pens. I am always losing pens, so I stock up during these sales. It was only $2, so I just let it go.
The Following User Says Thank You to my sweet blessings For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 06:04 PM

silvergirl2136 has posted more than 25 good deals
I did this today. I went to target yesterday and after I got everything loaded into the car(including my 4 year old), I was looking over my receipt and realized I forgot to use my two shower curtain coupons. My son was ready to get home so I just decided to go back today to fix it. The guy at customer service was very nice and said as long as it scans, he would be more than happy to do it. It scanned no problem and he handed me $3 for my coupons. I would have been fine with it going back to my debit card, but he said it was easier to just give me the cash
The Following User Says Thank You to silvergirl2136 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dejaboo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dejaboo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dejaboo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dejaboo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dejaboo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Dejaboo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I did this yesterday & it was a whole week ago that I had bought my jeans. I missed giving my coupon with my other coupons- was stuck in my pocket. I realized it in the car...But did not have time to go back in. I didnt get a chance to go back to Target until yesterday & they did not give me a hard time at all.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Grasshoppa has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My experiences with Target have mostly been good. I'd sure try it if I were you.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cotopaxi has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I've done this several times when the cashier forgot one, either there at the register or at CS.

One of my stores will also let me bring it back the next day, another store will let me as late as a week later.

The Following User Says Thank You to cotopaxi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 PM

JadeaDragon has posted more than 25 good deals
Today it happened where I was charged an extra pen, two extra $1.00 sharpie coupons were scanned and none of my 4 $1.50 coupons are on my receipt. I called customer service and they have a note at the desk for when I can stop back on Wednesday. Unfortunately it was the 2nd target in town and about 10 miles away. I lost $4 on the transaction.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:22 PM

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I do this all the time. I just ask them to do the "missed coupon" adjustment. No problem ever. I've actually bought things that were on clearance, knowing I had the coupons at home and brought them back and just gotten my money back the next time I came in. I've done it up to 2 weeks after the inital sale with no problems (I live 60 miles from Target).
Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!
I do it all the time too!!! I forget coupons all the time...oopsy! AND yes, sometimes it is a week later I get there but they are AWESOME about it, no biggie!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdubow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
francesbaca has posted more than 10 good deals
I have taken my purchase back to the service counter returned it then bought it again using the coupon. You may try it, I'm so glad I don't live 60 miles from a Target~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesbaca For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
francesbaca...unfortunately I live 60 miles from anywhere...rural ND...nearest fast food, big box retailer, car wash, decent grocery store, and stoplight are all exactly 60 miles from my home. I make the trip about once every 10 days on average.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
kitten has posted more than 50 good deals
Thanks to all. I did it this morning with no problem.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:57 PM

audrey's mommy has posted more than 25 good deals
I bought the Pantene that was on clearance for $1.46 last night and I found 2 coupons for $3/2 today. Does anyone know if there will be a problem getting my money back since the coupons are more than the product?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MrGrits has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey's mommy
I bought the Pantene that was on clearance for $1.46 last night and I found 2 coupons for $3/2 today. Does anyone know if there will be a problem getting my money back since the coupons are more than the product?
I've done this several times and never had a problem.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM

Loving it!

My Mood/Status:
bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bmrodriguez1588 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
They have to adjust it down. Bring their coupon policy with you and use it. Shouldn't have trouble!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 PM

audrey's mommy has posted more than 25 good deals
I tried to get my money back, but the CS said it had to be the same day. So I just used my coupons to get more free shampoo.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!momgriz has posted more than 300 great deals!
Can someone tell me if the Pantene is on clearance?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM

ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momgriz
Can someone tell me if the Pantene is on clearance?
It will depend on your store. A bunch of people reported it being on clearance last week but they sold out quickly. I never saw them on clearance at my store so it's a ymmv
Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmom2 View Post
I have never done this at Target but have at Jewel-Osco (grocery store) 1 day after my purchase and they had no problem honoring my coupons (HTH)
It's actually in Jewel's coupon policy that they will take coupons after the fact as long as the coupons hasn't expired.

so save your receipts so in case you come across a coupon for something you bought you can get the $ back.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 AM

Team Free Will!!
AFC Forum Leader for Target

2014 YTD Savings: $7500.00
My Mood/Status:
Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
the ST I shop at told me that they will only take Q's after the fact if it is less the 24 hours ago. So you have a whole day to bring back q's with a receipt if it is past that then they won't do it.

So I always, ALWAYS check my receipt when I get home carefully so if there is a mistake I can go back the next morning. HTH

Single mother to dd
12 and trying to
work, couponing, housework, and my sweet girl.

Come join us at the
forum!