LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Acornewell has posted more than 10 good deals
Target Store Coupon Problems

Okay so here is what happened:

I went to my normal local target on my weekly trip and had a target store
coupon for the $1/2 archer farms chips. I had found small bags of my favorite (salt and vinegar) chips on clearance for $0.44 a bag...but this cashier said I cannot use this q to get the chips for free. There was NO size restriction stated on the coupon but it did say coupon cannot exceed the value of the item. BUT there coupon policy which I pulled out of my binder states the coupon is to be adjusted. I finally held my ground and they ended up getting the "MANAGER, MANAGER" to say if I were buying more than the chips to override it. I have NEVER had a problem at this target but the cashier and manager kept saying different reasons i couldnt use the coupon it cannot be used on clearance, and cannot be used on small bags, so many different things to not let me get my clearance chips for free.

Was I wrong? They don't give overage, but they should have adjusted the price of the coupon, right?

PS. the cashier was such a rude lady. She was going to make me go ask the
Manager. Instead of flipping on her light. Ughhh, I was never rude when
Standing my ground.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 AM

RE: Target Store Coupon Problems

Saving Money and Loving It!

sw92978 has posted more than 100 good deals!sw92978 has posted more than 100 good deals!
It is my understanding that you were correct. Tq usually auto adjust so you should have been able to get the chips for free with no overage. I love shopping at target but I had troubles my last time there too. I hope this doesnt continue!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I always thought the TQ should be adjusted down, but I've read on here where others have had trouble using them on clearance items too. Not that I think that's okay. I don't think you were doing anything wrong at all, and glad you stood your ground. Maybe a call to their corporate number would let them know that this store needs some clarification on the corp. policy.

Also the cashier should have been polite and professional to you the entire time! Sounds like she just didn't want to be bothered with anything out of the ordinary.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 AM

loving coupons

My Mood/Status:
opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!opal258 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acornewell

PS. the cashier was such a rude lady. She was going to make me go ask the
Manager. Instead of flipping on her light. Ughhh, I was never rude when
Standing my ground.
Maybe next time you should choose a young male cashier. Just a suggestion :D
The Following User Says Thank You to opal258 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sodakgrl has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
The registers at my stores automatically adjust the TQ's down, the cashier never has to manually do it. But when I combine a MQ and a TQ and the q's together exceed the price of the item, I always get the overrage. I know that's not how its supposed to be but its just how the register does it. Its never alot, usually only a few cents.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!CouponQueen925 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Call customer service and ask to be transferred to the United States.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:08 AM

Eat,Love,Coupon.

My Mood/Status:
sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
That happened to me at Target recently. I came in with 2 Reach Q in order to get 2 $.97 Dental Floss.The cashier read the coupon for a lonnnnnng time and then told me that I could use only because It stated" one per person". Well,it was me and my Hubby,but I didn't argue,I apologies to him for not ready the coupon throughly.And then he told me that the coupon exceeded the item value,so he can't take it,I said,"well,adjust it down to $.97".And last,he told me ," ok, now it will be free, and we don't take coupon for a free item....".Hey,Dude,IT SI NOT A FREE ITEM,IT IS FREE AFTER COUPON.I asked him to remove the dental floss and paid the rest purchases.

Sent from my iPod touch using AFullCup

A first time SAHM to my dearest Faith Aurora
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A devoting wife
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to a wonderful Coastie
Old 05-08-2012, 11:22 PM

is stockpiling Rubbermaid bins for her stockpile!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dhwriter has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by opal258 View Post
Maybe next time you should choose a young male cashier. Just a suggestion :D
My store literally doesn't have any! They are always female. :frown:

Tags
coupon policy, store coupon, target, target clearance