How To Get Target Mailings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 AM
listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
How to Get Target Mailings

:havemail:So...I finally got tired of wondering how come some people get those lovely mailings from Target. Since I'm probably not the only one who was quizzical, thought I should share their response. Please note that I DO have a red Target credit card already, but I haven't used it for the last couple of years and there just might be a connection between use and great coupons coming in the mail.

Here's the response I got from Target:

Thanks for asking about receiving mailers from Target.

At Target, we use a variety of methods for determining mailing lists. Here are a couple of easy things you can do to receive special offers from Target:

- Visit Target: Baby, Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Clothing, ... and sign up for exclusive e-mail offers and news
- Apply for a REDcard to receive special bill inserts or direct mail

Did you know you can also help your community by shopping at Target? Through our Take Charge of Education program, we’ve been able to give back more than $240 million to schools. For more information about this community giving program, please visit Target : REDcard : Take Charge of Education.

We appreciate hearing about ways you're looking to save even more at Target.

Sincerely,

Kiyara
Target Guest Relations
Target: Baby, Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Clothing, ...
(800) 440-0680

Think I'll go charge something on that red card just to check it out!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 05:58 PM

RE: How to Get Target Mailings

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bd6865 has posted more than 200 great deals!bd6865 has posted more than 200 great deals!bd6865 has posted more than 200 great deals!
hi I have a target credit card and charge every month,and I still don't get target coupons in the mail. I called them about that too and they told me it was random. I get my target statement on line so no coupons there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bd6865 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 06:39 PM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use my Target credit card every month too, and have not received coupons from them in over a year. I get my statement mailed, and still no coupons. So I guess it is random.
Go ahead......
Say something!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jacksonsmommy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
i did both a baby and a bridal registery there and have NEVER recieved coupons. my friend did her bridal registery there and got baby coupons in the mail. i have concluded there is no sensical answer to this question.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacksonsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonsmommy View Post
i have concluded there is no sensical answer to this question.
Well yeah, it's Target. :giggle:
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 PM

TiffRs has posted more than 100 good deals!TiffRs has posted more than 100 good deals!
This is what I'm going to try. I have had wedding and baby registrys and I used to get coupons. I have a red card and it seems like ever since, they stopped. I called corporate and they referred me to the online coupons which I explained are much different. Basically, the lady had no clue. Well I remembered a long time ago I ordered from target. Com and that's when I seemed to get them. Well target has changed their site and they they didn't have any of my info in my accept info. I'm going to order something cheap online and see if I start to get them again. If anyone does figure this out, please share.
The Following User Says Thank You to TiffRs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 PM

my3sonsDEC has posted more than 300 great deals!my3sonsDEC has posted more than 300 great deals!my3sonsDEC has posted more than 300 great deals!my3sonsDEC has posted more than 300 great deals!
I never get coupons either. We have registered there before, do the school thing & I use my Target card all the time. I have always thought it was because I live in the Twin Cities land of Targets.
The Following User Says Thank You to my3sonsDEC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
danielsgirl has posted more than 400 great deals!danielsgirl has posted more than 400 great deals!danielsgirl has posted more than 400 great deals!danielsgirl has posted more than 400 great deals!danielsgirl has posted more than 400 great deals!
i did a registry for the baby we are expecting and they keep sending magazines to my husband..LOL he is on the registry too but I just think its funny
The Following User Says Thank You to danielsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
girlthattalks has posted more than 300 great deals!girlthattalks has posted more than 300 great deals!girlthattalks has posted more than 300 great deals!girlthattalks has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just started getting some....I'm wondering if it's because I made a complaint online?!?!?! That's the only connection I can see since I started getting them a couple of months after complaint?
The Following User Says Thank You to girlthattalks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 AM

Hopefull 2012 will be a Great Year!

My Mood/Status:
Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have never done any of the above..never had a red card, and i get some q's from them but havent gotten any in awhile
Old 09-05-2011, 11:15 PM

Brandon'sWife has posted more than 25 good deals
I get them and have done registeries. No card. No complaints. They did recently open a new target here which is when they REALLY started coming. hope you figure it out :)
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon'sWife For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 AM

sux being stalked & harassed!!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!metalmama1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonsmommy View Post
i did both a baby and a bridal registery there and have NEVER recieved coupons. my friend did her bridal registery there and got baby coupons in the mail. i have concluded there is no sensical answer to this question.
maybe the stuff on her list was the most expensive stuff they sell & someone at coupon central said 'woah!! this chick's registry is gonna make us some CASH!!!!!' ;)

or maybe they just like her more than you ;)

yup; prolly one of those :D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metalmama1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Loves to save!

My Mood/Status:
lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lilonemeg has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I did both a wedding and baby registry and we have a red card. I used to get them, then just stopped at the beginning of this year. Bummer. I always used them too.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilonemeg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Patalliro has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I never really shop at Target unless there's a really good sale, never buy anything from them online, and haven't registered with them. BUT, they won't stop sending me coupons and coupon booklets. I don't know how they got my name but it seems they just can't help themselves. They send me back to school type mailers, wedding mailers, baby mailers, beauty mailers, and so on. About a month ago, I got a mailer with a coupon for a $20 gift card if I register five items or more with them...How can I turn that down?

Maybe, the less you want them the more they show up. It is Target after all....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patalliro For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have never had a red card, never ordered from them online, never even had a registry there, yet I got a coupon booklet in the mail today! It was a very nice surprise! I don't know how they got my name and address, but I hope they continue to send me more in the future! :D
The Following User Says Thank You to CarrieM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 02:23 PM

Team Free Will!!
AFC Forum Leader for Target

2014 YTD Savings: $7500.00
My Mood/Status:
Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Aradia_Silvermoon has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a target debit card and at the beginning I used to get the booklets of q's now it's hit or miss if I get them. Last one I got was the back to school home mailer a few months back. I signed up for their prescription thingy and a week later I got a postcard type mailer with a q for the $10 G WYB or transfer a script.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Single mother to dd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 and trying to
work, couponing, housework, and my sweet girl.

Come join us at the
forum!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aradia_Silvermoon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Hopefull 2012 will be a Great Year!

My Mood/Status:
Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Runningincirclesx3 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Well i didnt get any of the back to school mailers but got a mailer full of Q's in the mail today, but most of them i wont even use, lol
Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM

flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!flaminmom has posted more than 400 great deals!
I have received the coupon books for quite some time. I have never had a Target card or gift registry . I don't know why I receive them. Just glad I do:)
The Following User Says Thank You to flaminmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2011, 05:50 PM

kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!
We have the card too, no coupons. Have signed up for a registry, no coupons.

Maybe it's a secret club!
The Following User Says Thank You to kalderete For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2011, 06:23 PM

Meow

My Mood/Status:
endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!endlesoul has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have only recently have gotten Q's in my PO.Box and house (addressed to resident).
They were triggered by the grand re-opening of our local Target after it added some food/frozen foods etc. But not a Super Target just remodeled and added some food. The Q's were for food items.

Cat Lover.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 PM

Lost in a maze of moving boxes

My Mood/Status:
tazzini has posted more than 100 good deals!tazzini has posted more than 100 good deals!
I used to get them (coupons) all the time. Then one day those magical coupons just stopped coming. So possibly if I post about it here and complain to the internet, target will send me more coupons?
The Following User Says Thank You to tazzini For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 AM

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
:lipsrsealed: I know the secret. :scoutshonor:

First, you have to go into a target, go to the customer service desk, and ask for "Helga". This is a code word...then tell them you need to sign up for the "Super Secret Coupon Mailing List"...they will scan your finger prints into the system. :shh:

Now...this is super important....EVERY SINGLE time you go to target in the future, you need to stop at the big red ball right outside of target and scan your thumb on the hidden scanner on the top of the ball (they'll show you how to do this after they scan your prints at CS). This is how they keep track of how often you go to Target. :secrets:

If you don't check in at least once a week, you'll lose your status, so it's very important that you keep checking in with the thumb print scanner. :crazy2:

I've been registered for a year now and get every single mailer that comes out...sometimes they even print me my own personal mailer with special coupons. :jk2:
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM

is reorganizing her stockpile room to make room for more!

My Mood/Status:
DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DakotaMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
In all seriousness, I don't think there is any way to get on the real mailer list...I randomly get coupons for awhile...then wont' get any for a long time. I did sign up my husband and kids names coming to our same address, and they sometimes get coupons on their names, and we do have 2 separate target.com accounts that we purchase things from. Beyond the things that have been metioned, it is totally random...as far as I can see.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I got them after I had a baby registry, now they stopped coming. My sister gets them and has never registered for anything Target-related. Weird.

Mama to outgoing 5 y.o. DS

"Never let the fear of striking out hold you back"

Old 09-23-2011, 12:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
sassykathyk has posted more than 25 good deals
Soooooooo funny DakotaMom!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sassykathyk For This Useful Post: