| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
BH&G's Play and Win Sweeps (2-15-09)
Better Homes & Gardens - Play & Win Sweepstakes
Play & Win Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Play & Win Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least twenty one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Meredith Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of each such employee, and persons residing at the same address, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and an instant win game (the “Instant Win Game”).
2. Sponsor: Meredith Corporation, 1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, IA 50309-3023. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on August 15, 2008 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 15, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go to any of the following websites:
Better Homes & Gardens - Play & Win Sweepstakes
Ladies' Home Journal - Play & Win Sweepstakes
Family Circle/Parents - Play & Win Sweepstakes
fitness - Play & Win Sweepstakes
More - Play & Win Sweepstakes
Remodeling Center - Play & Win Sweepstakes
and fill out the online entry form, including a valid home address, and submit the entry form. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and advance to the Instant Win Game page and receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day. Once on the Instant Win Game page, follow the links and instructions to play the game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. Potential winners of the Instant Win Game will be provided directions for validation. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit: Each participant may enter/play one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Sweepstakes/Instant Win Game: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner, from all eligible entries on or around February 16, 2009. Instant Win Game: Four thousand four hundred forty(4,440)winning times, one (1) per hour, will be randomly generated by computer during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes winner will be notified by email, telephone, or mail after the date of random drawing. Each potential Grand, First, Second or Third prize winner will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner of a Grand through Seventh Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed Eighth and Ninth Prizes will not be awarded. Prizes (except the Second prize) will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
Sweepstakes Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: $100,000 cash. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $100,000. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Instant Win Game Prizes # Of Prizes Prize Value
Car or Cash equivalent 1 $25,000
Vacation Cruise or Cash equivalent 4 12,500
Shopping Spree or Cash equivalent 25 1,000
BP Gas Card 500 50
$50 Gift Certificate 500 50
Cooking.com Gift Certificate 150 50
Tastebook.com Gift Certificate 300 29.95
Coverleaf Digital Magazine Gift Certificate 2,250 25
Decorating Inspiration Memberships 710 14.85
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: Automobile valued at $25,000 OR $25,000 cash. Sponsor will determine all features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, additional features or upgrades may be allowed, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, contingent upon cost, not to exceed $25,000. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for tax, title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Sponsor. ARV: $25,000. FOUR (4) SECOND PRIZES: Winner's choice of a cruise for winner and one (1) guest to the Caribbean valued at $12,500, or $12,500 cash. Cruise Prize Package: Includes roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Miami, FL (port of departure); seven (7) days and six (6) nights accommodations aboard a Cruise ship (accommodations determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and $7,700 spending money that can be used toward taxes. Travel must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Cruise subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $12,500. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. TWENTY-FIVE (25) THIRD PRIZES: $1,000 Shopping Spree to retailer determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion OR $1,000 cash. ARV: $1,000. FIVE HUNDRED (500) FOURTH PRIZES: BP gas card. ARV: $50. Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of gas card. FIVE HUNDRED (500) FIFTH PRIZES: $50 gift certificates to retailer of Sponsor's choice (terms and conditions of gift certificate apply). ARV: $50. ONE HUNDRED FIFTY (150) SIXTH PRIZES: $50 electronic gift certificates redeemable at Cooking.com ARV: $50. THREE HUNDRED (300) SEVENTH PRIZES: $29.95 electronic gift certificate redeemable at Tastebook.com. ARV: $29.95 (terms and conditions of gift certificate apply). TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY (2,250) EIGHTH PRIZES: Coverleaf digital magazine gift certificate redeemable at http://www.coverleaf.com . Winners receive electronic gift certificates redeemable after September 1, 2008. ARV: $25.00. SEVEN HUNDRED TEN (710) NINTH PRIZES: 3-month membership to Decorating Inspiration. ARV: $14.85. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of eligible prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.
For All Prizes: Terms, conditions, and restrictions apply for all gift certificates cards, or codes and memberships. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for complaints or issues regarding electronic codes (claims that code is invalid, insufficient, etc.) and winner should address any such issues with the issuer of the code. No cash equivalent on instant win prizes (except for First and Second prizes) and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $333,278.50.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winners’ consent to Sponsor and its agents’ use of winners’ name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor and Administrator’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes or Instant Win Game play, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor and Administrator assume no responsibility for Sweepstakes entries or Instant Win Game plays they are unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures; or any other reason, or incomplete, damaged, misdirected, or lost entries. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than June 16, 2009. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "M - Play & Win Sweepstakes, Winner List Request,” to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
© 2008 ePrize, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!|