| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
GE Champions Of Energy Savings Challenge & Sweepstakes (09/28/08)
Enter for a chance to WIN the $5000 Grand Prize
GE Appliances: Champions of Energy Savings Challenge and Sweepstakes - Game
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 21 YEARS OLD AS OF TIME OF ENTRY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. THE PROMOTION: GE CHAMPIONS OF ENERGY SAVINGS CHALLENGE & SWEEPSTAKES Promotion ("Promotion") consists of eleven (11) weekly sweepstakes ("Weekly Sweepstakes") and one (1) Grand Prize Sweepstakes ("Grand Prize Sweepstakes"). The Promotion starts at 12:00:01 A.M., Eastern Time ("ET") on 7/7/08 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M., ET on 9/28/08. The specific dates for each Weekly Sweepstakes and the Grand Prize Sweepstakes are as stated in Rule 2 below.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Each day during the Promotion Period, go to GE Appliances: All current rebates and offers, rebate tracking and provide the information requested on the registration page and participate in the "GE CHAMPIONS OF ENERGY SAVINGS GAME" according to the instructions provided on the website. You will receive an entry into that week's respective Weekly Sweepstakes even if you have not successfully completed the game. You do not have to play the game to enter. Limit: One entry per person per day regardless of e-mail address used.
3. IMPORTANT DATES FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION: Promotion consists of eleven (11) Weekly Sweepstakes starting and ending at the times and dates as described in the table below and one (1) Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Entries from one Weekly Sweepstakes will not be carried forward to a subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes; however, all Weekly Sweepstakes entries will be entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Entry is via Internet only.
WeeklySweepstakes Start Date(as of 12:01:01 A.M. E.T. that day) End Date(as of 11:59:59 P.M. E.T. that day) Random Drawing Date Notification Date
Week #1 7/07/08 7/13/08 7/17/08 7/18/08
Week #2 7/14/08 7/20/08 7/24/08 7/25/08
Week #3 7/21/08 7/27/08 7/31/08 8/01/08
Week #4 7/28/08 8/03/08 8/07/08 8/08/08
Week #5 8/04/08 8/10/08 8/14/08 8/15/08
Week #6 08/11/08 8/17/08 8/21/08 8/22/08
Week #7 08/18/08 8/24/08 8/28/08 8/29/08
Week #8 08/25/08 8/31/08 9/04/08 9/05/08
Week #9 9/01/08 9/07/08 9/11/08 9/12/08
Week #10 9/08/08 9/14/08 9/18/08 9/19/08
Week #11 9/15/08 9/21/08 9/25/08 9/26/08
Grand Prize Sweepstakes* 7/07/08 9/28/08 10/02/08 10/03/08
*NOTE: There will not be a Weekly Sweepstakes during the week of 9/22/08 through 9/28/08 however, you will still be able to register during that week at GE Appliances: All current rebates and offers, rebate tracking for an entry into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS & ODDS OF WINNING: On or about the dates listed in the table above, Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment ("Mercury"), an independent judging agency, will select the name of the potential winner ("Potential Winner") of each Weekly Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for that respective Weekly Sweepstakes, and s/he will be notified by phone, e-mail or postal mail on or about the date listed in the table. Mercury will select the potential winner of the Grand Prize Sweepstakes in a random drawing on or about 10/02/08 from among the total number of all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Mercury's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Odds of winning a Weekly Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received in that respective Weekly Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the Grand Prize Sweepstakes depend on the total number of all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1); Total Number of Weekly Sweepstakes Prizes: 11; 1 Prize per Weekly Sweepstakes: WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: (A) Weekly Sweepstakes Winners: (i) Weekly Sweepstakes #1 - #3, Weekly Sweepstakes #5 - #7, and Weekly Sweepstakes #9 - #11: Each of the Winners of the aforementioned Weekly Sweepstakes will receive a Five Hundred Dollar ($500) Visa® Olympic Games-themed Gift Card. The Gift Card must be used in compliance with its terms and conditions, as allowed by law. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced Gift Cards. (ii) Weekly Sweepstakes #4: The Winner of Weekly Sweepstakes #4 will receive a GE® Energy Star® 4.0 IEC Cu. Ft. King-size Capacity Frontload Washer with Stainless Steel Basket (Model WCVH680JBB) and a GE® 7.0 Cu. Ft. Super Capacity Gas/Electric Dryer (Model DCVH680EJBB or DCVH680GJBB) ARV: $2,018; (iii) Weekly Sweepstakes #8: The Winner of Weekly Sweepstakes #8 will receive a GE Profile™ Dishwasher with Smart Dispense™ Technology (Model PDW9980NSS). ARV: $1,549. NOTE TO WINNERS OF WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES #4 AND #8: General Electric Company ("Sponsor") will only deliver the Prize to a Winner's legal residence within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia that is within a GE delivery zone. If a potential Winner resides in an area that is not within the GE delivery zone, the potential Winner must agree to accept delivery at the location within the GE delivery zone that is closest to Winner's residence and to be solely responsible for delivery from that location to Winner's residence. Regardless of Prize won, all costs and expenses not specifically included above are each Winner's sole responsibility, including all federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc. Installation of an appliance won in a Weekly Sweepstakes and removal of the appliance being replaced is the sole responsibility of the Winner. (B) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive check in the amount of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000). Total ARV of all Weekly and Grand Prizes: $13,067. IMPORTANT: Regardless of Prize won, no Weekly Sweepstakes Prize is redeemable for cash; nor is it transferable or substitutable except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute a Prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Winners of the Grand Prize Sweepstakes and Weekly Sweepstakes #4 and #8 will each be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential Winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or an alternate potential Winner(s) will be selected. Additionally, these Winners will receive a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the Prize, as required by law. Limit: A Winner of one Weekly Sweepstakes is not eligible to win any other Weekly Sweepstakes nor is his/her spouse, parent, child or any individual who resides in a Winner's household; however, a Winner of a Weekly Sweepstakes is otherwise eligible to win the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to persons who are legal residents of, and living within, the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia, 21 years or older, as of the date of entry except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/promotion/web design agencies including Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment, and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Promotion.
7. RELEASE: By acceptance of the Prize, the Winner releases the officers, directors and employees of Sponsor, Mercury, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, dealers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other individuals or entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of this Promotion (all of the former collectively referred to as "Sponsor & Others"), from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including , but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Promotion, arising out of participation in this Promotion, Promotion or Prize related activity whether sponsored by Sponsor or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the Prize or any component of the Prize.
9. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) of the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Macomb County, Michigan. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Michigan and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Michigan. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Mercury that are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Promotion. This Promotion is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner's consent to the use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sponsor without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by 10/31/08, to: Winners List, GE Champions of Energy Savings Sweepstakes, 35610 Mound Road, Dept. 900, Sterling Heights, MI 48310-4725.
SPONSOR: General Electric Company, 307 N. Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY 40222. Visa and its client financial institutions have not sponsored or offered this promotion in any way.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
© 2008 General Electric Company.
|Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!|