| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
The e.l.f. cosmetics Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 Sweepstakes (08/31/08)
Win a trip to Greece, a Sisterhood Travel Kit or a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants DVD
Shop Eyes Lips Face
"Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S.") WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF JULY 2, 2008.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older as of July 2, 2008.Employees, officers and directors of e.l.f. cosmetics ("Sponsor"), or Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc, Alcon Entertainment, LLC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters/suppliers (collectively with Sponsor, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and members of the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings) and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The e.l.f. cosmetics "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins as of 10:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on July 2, 2008 at and ends as of 9:59 AM ET August 31st, 2008 ("Sweepstakes Period"). A day begins at 10:00 AM ET and ends the following 9:59 AM ET.
3. TO ENTER: Visit eyeslipsface.com | elf cosmetics | cosmetics | makeup | elf | eyes lips face | elf makeup | eyeslipsface ("Website") during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the icon, banner, or text link to be taken to the Sweepstakes page. You will be required to register for the Sweepstakes by providing the information requested. When you have registered and followed the online directions to submit your entry, you will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Participants may not enter more than once per period by using the same email address. Any entrant who does so, or uses any device or artifice to circumvent these Official Rules may be disqualified and their Sweepstakes entries disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant, and only at the Website. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period in order to be eligible. The Website's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES/ODDS: On or about September 8th, 2008, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by representatives of Sponsor using randomization methods selected in Sponsor's sole discretion. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail and/or e-mail, using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within four (4) calendar days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if s/he has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
The Prizes are as follows:
One (1) Grand Prize:
Grand Prize Trip: The Grand Prize winner will receive a minimum of a 4-day/3-night trip for winner and guest to Greece. Prize includes, hotel accommodations for (2) in Greece ( single room, double occupancy room) for 3 nights and 4 days roundtrip, coach-class airfare for 2. Air consists of roundtrip air from the nearest gateway city of prize provider's choice of airline. Winner/guest are responsible to get to and from the gateway city at their own expense. All airline taxes, airport charges, government fees, luggage handling fees, and/or other taxes/fees are sole responsibility of the winner. Meals, transportation, hotel taxes/surcharges/fees if any, and any hotel incidentals including phone, food, laundry, and other expenses not specified here are sole responsibility of winner. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. Air travel and hotel accommodations are subject to availability and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner and guests will be required to travel together on the same itinerary and be responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Grand Prize winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Guests traveling with Grand Prize winner must be at time of Grand Prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Neither Sponsor, Apple Vacations, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. nor shall their respective parent companies, subsidiaries of each, nor their respective officers, directors, employees or agents (collectively, "Released Parties") be liable for any loss or damage to (a) any baggage or any unauthorized intervention whether or not caused by any action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity(ies), equipment failure, including overloading of the website due to excessive use, threatened terrorist act(s), terrorist act(s), air raid(s), blackout(s), act(s) of public enemy, earthquake(s), war(s) (declared or undeclared), fire(s), flood(s), epidemic(s), explosion(s), unusually severe weather, hurricane(s), embargo(s), labor dispute(s) or strike(s) (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage(s), transportation interruption(s) of any kind, work slow-down(s), civil disturbance(s), insurrection(s), riot(s), or any other similar or dissimilar cause(s) beyond Sponsor's sole and reasonable control; (b) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computers from any entrant's access to the Sweepstakes website or entry into the Sweepstakes; (c) printing or other errors appearing in the rules or other Sweepstakes materials; (d) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize winner's and his/her Guests transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her Guests and such transportation companies. Released Parties shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. If the Grand Prize winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize travel package due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize award; or (2) at Sponsor's sole discretion extending the period during which the Grand Prize may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of the Grand Prize winner's disability or illness, in which case certain prize components may not be available. The Grand Prize winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Grand Prize Winner at Sponsor's expense. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; you further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $4,500.
Five (5) First Place Prizes:
Each First Place prize consists of a limited edition e.l.f. cosmetics $15 Sisterhood Travel Kit. Total ARV of the First Place Prizes: $75
Twenty Five (25) Second Place Prizes:
Each Second Place Prize consists of a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (each poster has an ARV of $10.00).
Total ARV of the Second Place Prizes:$250.00.
Ten (10) Third Place Prizes:
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants DVD (the original movie). (Each DVD has an ARV of $16.96)
Total ARV of the Third Place Prizes: $169.50
Total ARV of all prizes in the Sweepstakes:$4,994.50.
Limit one prize per person. No cash alternative or prize substitution will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed above is unavailable for any reason. Prizes will be delivered only to an address in the United States. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. GENERAL: All taxes on prizes and expenses relating to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, entrants agree a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; b) to hereby release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, prize providers (including airfare provider and hotel accommodations provider), and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (individually and collectively "Releasees") from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light), arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related or travel related activity; and c) if a winner, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and/or likeness for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor's direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages.
Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software, program, network, Internet or computer malfunction, technical errors or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entries or postage-due mail, or d) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, and select the winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
6. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or programming error or unauthorized access to the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods, will disqualify all entries using such methods. Entry information and entries become property of Sponsor. No correspondence about entries will be entered into nor will entries be acknowledged or returned. In case of a dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
9. WINNERS LIST: To receive any legally-required list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by September 1st 2008 to: "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" Sweepstakes Winners, e.l.f. Cosmetics. 1350 Broadway Suite 1715, New York, NY 10018
Sponsor: e.l.f. Cosmetics. 1350 Broadway Suite 1715, New York, NY 10018.
©2008 e.l.f. Cosmetics All rights reserved.
|Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Mudd Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 Sweepstakes (08/28/08)||anb1972||Sweepstakes Morgue||0||08-09-2008 02:45 PM|
|Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ticket||DTHRESH||Freebie Graveyard||3||08-08-2008 12:14 PM|
|Traveling w/ GG this summer||GrannyGodley||Chit Chat||14||08-05-2008 10:39 AM|
|Traveling to DWD w/ little ones||lwilsonide||Deal Graveyard||0||07-08-2008 01:57 PM|
|Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (8/10/08)||wallace4some||Sweepstakes Morgue||2||07-01-2008 09:20 PM|