Detergent Stockup Price?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 10:41 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

cuddeywife has posted more than 10 good deals
Detergent stockup price?

I'm getting low on laundry Detergent and am wanting to stock up. What's the best stock up price? I know getting it for free is out of the question but some of the deals I've seen are $5, is that really the best deal?

And is there a difference price wise for getting the high efficiency detergent? We are starting to save up to buy the new HE washer so I'm trying to prepare

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuddeywife For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 AM

RE: Detergent stockup price?

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Detergent stock-up prices vary depending on which brand you prefer. My DH does all the laundry (bless his heart!) and he demands Tide. (However, lately I've been buying Wisk and re-filling the old big bottle of Tide!! I'm trying to figure out how long he'll go without thinking something is up!!)

Tide stock-up price is going to be MUCH higher than other brands.

Wisk detergent has been on sale a lot lately - once as a BOGO with $2 manu q's at CVS a few months back and more recently at Kroger for $3.99 with a $2 manu q making it $1.99 for a medium sized bottle. There were also hangtags recently good on any sized Wisk making the small bottles free.

There typically isn't a price difference in HE versus regular detergents because only the "better" brands make HE.

I have personally not seen any difference in our clothes using Wisk HE vs Tide HE. but the savings are HUGE! Specifically because whomever the company is that makes Wisk is giving out those $2 like mad and P&G who makes Tide rarely gives anything out over $.50 or $1.

HTH!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 10:59 AM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use Michelle Duggar's homemade laundry soap on her website, for $0.02/load.

But, for All, Purex, Wisk, Sun ,etc for the 32 load size I go for $0.99-$1.99--many here get much better, but we don't have doubles. HTH!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Yes thank you. And I've seen posts about the $2 q's for wisk but where do you get them?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuddeywife For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddeywife View Post
Yes thank you. And I've seen posts about the $2 q's for wisk but where do you get them?

All of the Wisk q's have come from coupon inserts you will find in your newspaper.

The two latest were in the 6/26 Red Plum and in the 7/31 Red Plum. You can always check the Coupon Database here on AFC: Grocery Coupons- A Full Cup - Coupons

PLEASE remember that coupon inserts are regional in nature. Meaning that not everyone across the country will receive the same versions of inserts. My in-laws live 2 miles from me and they will sometimes receive different versions of the inserts!

Plus if you are not subscribing to a newspaper currently, start calling around to your local and regional papers asking them which inserts they carry. Many newspapers do not carry certain inserts. Subscribing to the newspaper is the only way to guarantee that you will receive inserts in your papers as subscriptions get first priority when inserts are placed. Grocery store, drug store, gas station, etc newspapers will not get inserts all of the time.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

From inserts usually. There were some hangtags too. Check the database above (blue bar, "coupons" then "coupon database" then search "wisk"). The results will show the source of the coupon.

I got the Wisk deal at Kroger last week-- it was $3.99 then a .50 store discount, then the $2 coupon, so $1.49 each.
There was a great surf coupon out last year that brought the price down to $1, I think. You have to watch these boards carefully and keep an eye out for upcoming deals, cause they don't come around as often as a lot of deals do.

DELTA region for Kroger stores
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
prestonsmommy has posted more than 400 great deals!prestonsmommy has posted more than 400 great deals!prestonsmommy has posted more than 400 great deals!prestonsmommy has posted more than 400 great deals!prestonsmommy has posted more than 400 great deals!
HE is supposed to be better for front loaders. Less suds, because Front loaders use less water. It's also not supposed to be good with piping or something of that effect.

I have a front loader and have not noticed a difference.

I don't use Tide (allergies) But Gain is ok. There is a Gain coupon for 2/1. I've seen quite a few places after coupon price 1.99 for 40 loads. I usually stick with Arm & Hammer. It's usually cheaper on average. 185 loads for $11 without coupon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prestonsmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
Leggett44 has posted more than 100 good deals!Leggett44 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Right now, my Kroger has buy 2, get $2 off Tide. The Tide is $5.99x2=$11.98 less $2 for buying 2 = $9.98. Use the $2 coupons on the powered - $9.98-$4=$5.98 or $2.99 each. This is the lowest price that I have been able to buy tide in a very long time. I don't have an HE machine so I cannot offer any advice on it or give you a price on the HE detergent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leggett44 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
mstori has posted more than 25 good deals
I read a post somewhere else that says that you can use regular detergent in an HE machine just fine. But you need to use only a tablespoon of it. The reason is that too much soap means that the clothes won't get rinsed and come clean enough (plus extra soap can plug it up a bit). I have an HE machine at my house and have been following this religiously. Now one 1.99 bottle of Gain lasts me forever!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mstori For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Maybe that is my problem. I buy them from the gas station down the street. They always have them (newspapers) and never run out, so maybe I'm not getting the same inserts? I've noticed that people mention coupons from certain inserts that I never got, I just thought it was because I was in a different region from them.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, I'm going to really put my focus on this and hopefully find some great deals!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuddeywife For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Stockpiling it all... for cheap!

My Mood/Status:
Myostis has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
I actually just picked up about 20 of those on ebay for a couple of bucks. I have been using them alot lately. I get exactly whatever product I am looking for, and can search for the better coupons and only buy those ones. It can get expensive, but I'm still saving way more than I spend.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 PM

My other car is the Galactica

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
There actually IS a difference in HE soap vs. regular soap. It's made to sud less, because high suds due to regular soap will burn out the washer and cause it to break down. Do not ever put non HE soap into your HE washer, unless you want to replace it in a few years. Also, you can get away with using less soap in a HE washer because it doesn't require as much to clean, my washer guy told me to use no more than two fingers in depth.

To answer your q, detergent prices vary very much based on your area, your stores and your coupons. Out here if I can get it for around 2 bucks, I'm happy with that. 5 would be my personal max and I'm buying name brand detergents at that price.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Has a new Luv--couponing, luv luv'in it!!

My Mood/Status:
luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!luvcatsbaskets has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
someone already posted, Kroger has an excellent deal on the tide or gain.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hunnybuns has posted more than 25 good deals
The only Tide item I stocked up on were the big bottles/packs of stain release (both the regular and the sensitive skin one). Got them for $2.99/each after their $3 coupon at the Meijer about a month ago. Otherwise, I stocked up on Purex complete with Zout 72oz (for sensitive skin) and Arm and Hammer (regular and sensitive skin). Can't remember the price of the Purex but it was dirt cheap. The Arm and Hammer turned out to be about $2.50 or so for the 72oz bottles. My last Purex deal was last week's B1G1 @ $5.99 at meijer and got them with 2 $1/1 coupons (which the Henkel company mailed to me) so that it turned out to be $3.99 for 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hunnybuns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!evenkeel has posted more than 400 great deals!
The Ultra Purex super concentrated is supposed to be for HE and regular washers. The label says so and I don't doubt it because it really doesn't suds up very much. I use half of what they say you should use and my clothes come out just as clean. My 100 oz bottles last forever! It seems like you can get it really really cheap a lot. Hy-Vee had the huge bottles of the Ultra for $4.99 last week. It's the only brand I use, partly due to allergies.
The Following User Says Thank You to evenkeel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
mstori has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2midwife View Post
There actually IS a difference in HE soap vs. regular soap. It's made to sud less, because high suds due to regular soap will burn out the washer and cause it to break down. Do not ever put non HE soap into your HE washer, unless you want to replace it in a few years. Also, you can get away with using less soap in a HE washer because it doesn't require as much to clean, my washer guy told me to use no more than two fingers in depth.
Personally I think that the repair guys are told that they have to tell you that you must use HE or you are out of pocket more for the repair (they have no way of telling btw as some HE liquid soaps actually suds more than non HE powders). My front loading machine is 10 years old and has never seen HE liquid unless it's been on super duper sale (not even when the landlord originally bought it). One thing to note though is that I live in an area with fairly hard water.. it naturally keeps the suds down (shampooing my hair is just not as satisfying anymore).
There are posts all over by everyone from laundromat owners to repairmen and tons home users who have used the trial and error method (one suggestion is get a quart jar and put a cup of your hottest tap water in it with 1/4 teaspoon of the detergent and shake for 20 seconds.. then compare how high the suds go and how fast they fall.)
Shoot we could even go into the chemistry behind sudsing, micelles, surfactants and alkalines... but I haven't taken chemistry in a few years so I would have to either bow out or crack open my chem books (a bit dusty for sure). That said I would really suggest searching the internet and making your own decision.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mstori For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 12:59 AM

Savvy Saver

My Mood/Status:
sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!sheerblindluck has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've bought the 32 load Purex for Free when it was on sale for $.99 with $1q. Then about three months back, the 100 load of Purex was on sale for $3.99 when they had a $3/1q. Then most recently Era 32 load was on sale for $1.99 with .50 (doubled) and $1q available.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
tothepointe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tothepointe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tothepointe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tothepointe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tothepointe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tothepointe has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
With the Gain they had at Vons/Safeway last week I was able to get a 32 load size for 99c. I also noted that at the 99c store they had small bottles of whisk for well 99c.

The Following User Says Thank You to tothepointe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM

SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have been on a mission (as always around this time of the year) to find the cheapest Tide possible as a stockup. Did it last year with CVS and paid about $4 for the 32 load (i think). Anyway, I have been driving walgreens crazy and almost out of business taking advantage of every money maker deal for the past few weeks in prep for this upcoming weeks deal where you buy $30 in P&G products and get $10 RR. So, somehow, I racked up $97 in two or three weeks. I plan to use this to make at least 3 transactions of 6 Tides at $5 each with coupon and get $30 back.

This way I feel that I have gotten the product I prefer...although I tried purex for the first time (the sheets) and loved it! and I don't feel like I spent alot of OOP.

Hope this helps and hope this works! LOL. I passed up the Dollar General deal last week of the $2 Tide or gain where I could have used my massive amount of $2 coupons that I purchased. LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SouthernBellSaver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 06:10 AM

josies21 has posted more than 200 great deals!josies21 has posted more than 200 great deals!josies21 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I use the he wisk the most. I like cause you can get the smaller bottles, I guess they are the medium size ones on sale for 3.99 and they often do the $2/1 coupon. The wisk normally offers lots of choices too, I know my last wisks had oxi clean in them which made me happy. I stock up on wisk at 1.99. hth
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josies21 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM

SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
i sure hope you check this post...you have got to check out the P&G sale at walgreens if you have some RRs saved up. It is awesome. I have purchased about 15 Tides today and yes the powder detergents were part of the sale so I used my $2 coupons so I got 5 detergents for $21 using RRs then $10 back in rewards and then I heard that there may be a MIR.

This is for me as good as it is going to get. And, i did check for you that there was the HE and I was thinking. You could buy some of the regular and some of the HE and always take the HE back or Vice versa if you don't get the washer that goes with the detergent...just save your receipts.

Take care!
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthernBellSaver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Ahh this is awesome. I appreciate all the responses!

And I'm going to check out walgreens this week for sure

The Following User Says Thank You to cuddeywife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 09:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
F00TBA77M0M has posted more than 10 good deals
Loving this thread. We are always looking for good prices on detergent. We have been using Purex, which I keep finding for about $1.99, which is when I get about 5 of them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F00TBA77M0M For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 PM

ALWAYS Looking for Dial Handsoap COUPONS
=)

My Mood/Status:
teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!teezmepeaz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I try to aim for <2 a load....try is the key word. I wash cloth diapers here and require tide or dropps for that and times I can't find it for that inexpensive. ...soo <3.99
The Following User Says Thank You to teezmepeaz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 08:18 PM

Need info on whole inserts from great region
Aleasha

My Mood/Status:
akkbrowns has posted more than 25 good deals
Any good deals this week need detergent tia
The Following User Says Thank You to akkbrowns For This Useful Post: