What Price Should I Target For Detergent, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Pasta, Etc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 01:27 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

krobison has posted more than 25 good deals
Question What price should I target for detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, pasta, etc?

So I am pretty new, but I have mastered body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, and razors. Now I am wondering if other things will go on sale to allow me to get them for next to nothing. It seems like week after week the great deals tend to be on the items I listed above. I would like to stock pile the items in my subject, but I am struggling to determine what I should consider a good deal. I don't want to use the coupons until the prices are the cheapest I will see. I would love to hear what others pay for these items. If it ends up that these are the items you use your RR and ECBs on that info is much appreciated too.

So I have two questions:
1. What do you consider a good deal for the items in the subject line?
2. Am I seeing the same items on sale because of the time of year or is it just random chance that the same types of things are on sale week after week or is it that these items are those that tend to go on sale? Or maybe I am missing the boat altogether?

Thanks for the info!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 PM

RE: What price should I target for detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, pasta, etc?

oleolep has posted more than 10 good deals
I don't have the answer, but I second your question... I was just thinking the same thing, as I got burned about a month ago on B1G1 TP at CVS. What's better... to buy the large packages for 4.99-5.99 on sale with coupons? Or try to buy smaller packages and lots of them?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oleolep For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 01:47 PM

RE: What price should I target for detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, pasta, etc?

is thankful to AFC for making shopping FUN again!!!

My Mood/Status:
lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!lholley has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok, I am not the best in the world, but here are my target prices. I try to never NEED these items and just look for deals at all times so I am never in a position where I HAVE to buy them regardless of price.

Laundry Detergent--I am a stickler for Tide. Don't know why, but it's one of the few things that I am brand loyal to. So, I prefer to buy the 40-load powder (or 32-load liquid) for $4.

Toilet Paper--no more than $4 for 12 double rolls--prefer Quilted Northern, Charmin, Cottonelle

Paper Towels--prefer Bounty, not basic, no more than $0.50 for a regular sized roll. Will use any brand though.

Toothpaste-free only

Deodorant--will pay up to $0.50 for Secret--otherwise, $0.25 or less

Razors--no more than $1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Out of My Way, People. Don't You Know There's a Sale??
Old 08-16-2010, 01:49 PM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
First #2
The sales go in cycles, along with the seasons, holidays, and activities for that time of year.
Think back to school-- snacks, quick foods, school supplies, clothes, electronics
Thanksgiving/Christmas-- baking supplies, big dinner supplies (turkey, ham, canned veggies)
May-July-- picnic/cookout items, lots of drinks

Also the sales the stores have seem to go in cycles. Kroger is having a mega sale right now. They had a very similar one this time last year. Lots of stores' sales are predictable like this.

#1 What I consider a good deal may not be what you do. It depends on whether you buy these things anyway and how much you were paying before. If you HAVE to have a certain thing and are going to buy it whether you have a coupon/sale or not, if you pay less for it with a coupon, then that's a good deal. If it's something you're just wanting to get a lot of, you might wait a while until a sale rolls around. And sales eventually roll around on most brand-name things.

Here are my "good deal" thresholds for the items you listed
detergent $1 each (most recently All and Purex)
toilet paper $1 each for 4 pk double rolls (most recently White Cloud at Walmart)
paper towels Viva .80 each or others for .50 each
pasta $ .25- free

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:50 PM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can help w/some of this, but not all. Hopefully others will chime in. As far as detergent, if you are not brand loyal that will help a lot. We often see $2 coupons for detergent and that's when you need to stock up. I don't pay more than $1-$2 for a bottle of liquid laundry detergent; typically $1.

Pasta is often free since we've seen $0.75/1 coupons for various brands and with doubling they will usually be free. What grocery stores do you have near you?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:52 PM

: )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Target price/stock-up price or whatever one calls it is

depends on a lot of factors:
a. stores in the area ~ are there lots of box stores? drugstores?
b. do stores double/triple?
c. variation in prices, i.e., big cities usually have higher mark up prices. check sale prices of leading drugstores and it shows the big disparity in prices.
d. length of time one has been building a stockpile. those who have built a good size stockpile can always wait on the big sale where items are free, if not MMs.

I'm at the stage of couponing where the best stock-up price to me is free. I'd buy some if I still have to pay sales taxes, but if the sale is a certified MM with combination of coupons, sale price and store promo like RRs, that is when I really make an effort to stock-up especially for paper products that do not go stale. as to pasta and food items which is prone to bug infestation, I rarely stock up more than our family use within a certain period of time.

if you're just starting, a good stock up price is any amount that will save you 40% or more the regular price. DO not get pressured by what you read where everyone is getting them all free or getting paid to buy them. Otherwise, you may miss the sale w/o buying anything while waiting for the MM deal that may or may not come in your area. Any amount of savings is well worth it. Just guard yourself from buying a lot in one sale (don't build your stockpile overnight) only to realize that another sale is coming where you can get them cheaper. As long as you have stock on hand when you need them w/o paying full price, that is more than good enough

HTH.

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't say for sure with the tp and paper towels because I haven't gotten them in so long. It's just 2 of us, so we don't use a lot of either. I usually try to work them in when I've got a $$/$$ coupon for cvs or rite aid combine with coupons, so I usually don't pay much for them but like I said, I don't really have a buy price. I would say $3-$4 for tp. My hubby will only use Quilted Northern, so I just look for deals on that. As for paper towels, probably about the same but I'm not brand loyal.

As for detergent, I pretty much go for free-$1. I got tons of all from food lion several months ago for about $.65 per bottle. I also got a bunch of purex for free+ after coupons and catalina from kroger a while back. I've also gotten purex 3-in-1 sheets for free from rite aid.

I wouldn't get pasta unless it was free or a few cents.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gravyqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Toilet paper/paper towels = .01 a sq ft (so if the price is the same as the square ft time to buy, I got this tip from someone on here and I forget which member but now I abide by it)

Razors-Free

Pasta .25 or less

Laundry detergent is .03 a load

Sales come in cycles like another poster mentioned. I make sure I grab enough items to last me a year.
(2)
Old 08-16-2010, 02:17 PM

2014 YTD Savings: $25
My Mood/Status:
CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree with the above posts on target price.
I have a comment about storage of grain products like pasta, flour, beans, barley.
Don't buy more than a few months ahead, because you'll lose it all to little bugs called weevils. Weevils love flour, it seems they move about the cupboard and get into all the boxes.

I found
at AFC

Old 08-16-2010, 02:20 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMmem View Post
I agree with the above posts on target price.
I have a comment about storage of grain products like pasta, flour, beans, barley.
Don't buy more than a few months ahead, because you'll lose it all to little bugs called weevils. Weevils love flour, it seems they move about the cupboard and get into all the boxes.
Gross..

I've had my flour for about a year (in regular packaging) I haven't used honestly in about 11 months (goes to show how much I bake/cook) so I probably should throw it away.
(2)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 03:53 PM

: )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMmem View Post
Very true. Unless you can find a sealed storage system to keep them bug free, it's a waste of food and money if you have to discard them Since a lot of processed food are flour-based, bugs affect a lot of them so it may be wiser to buy just enough for personal consumption till the next sale comes.

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tratra View Post
First #2
The sales go in cycles, along with the seasons, holidays, and activities for that time of year.
Think back to school-- snacks, quick foods, school supplies, clothes, electronics
Thanksgiving/Christmas-- baking supplies, big dinner supplies (turkey, ham, canned veggies)
May-July-- picnic/cookout items, lots of drinks

Also the sales the stores have seem to go in cycles. Kroger is having a mega sale right now. They had a very similar one this time last year. Lots of stores' sales are predictable like this.

#1 What I consider a good deal may not be what you do. It depends on whether you buy these things anyway and how much you were paying before. If you HAVE to have a certain thing and are going to buy it whether you have a coupon/sale or not, if you pay less for it with a coupon, then that's a good deal. If it's something you're just wanting to get a lot of, you might wait a while until a sale rolls around. And sales eventually roll around on most brand-name things.

Here are my "good deal" thresholds for the items you listed
detergent $1 each (most recently All and Purex)
toilet paper $1 each for 4 pk double rolls (most recently White Cloud at Walmart)
paper towels Viva .80 each or others for .50 each
pasta $ .25- free
This is an excellant post for new couponers to read. There will always be a sale coming around.

My Buy it now prices are very simular to trata's.
Paper Towels I dont go over .50 a roll.
Lately Ive not been picking up laundry detergent for $1 or more because the past few cycles of it Ive been able to grab it for about .80 or less.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 PM

2014 YTD Savings: $25
My Mood/Status:
CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdur85 View Post
Gross..

I've had my flour for about a year (in regular packaging) I haven't used honestly in about 11 months (goes to show how much I bake/cook) so I probably should throw it away.
I keep mine in a plastic bag also. That helps control invasions. I now store my rice in the refrigerator and it rarely gets rancid (especially good for brown rice). You don't need to throw it away unless it smells stale or you actually see the wiggly little things. They are about 1/8 to 1/4 inch long. It's a good idea to measure the flour into a separate bowl and examine it well before adding it to your recipe. I'm sure it comes in contaminated from the store, but then everything that's not wrapped in plastic is at risk.

I found
at AFC

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CMmem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 06:47 PM

I love coupon trains
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
if you're just starting, a good stock up price is any amount that will save you 40% or more the regular price. DO not get pressured by what you read where everyone is getting them all free or getting paid to buy them. Otherwise, you may miss the sale w/o buying anything while waiting for the MM deal that may or may not come in your area. Any amount of savings is well worth it. Just guard yourself from buying a lot in one sale (don't build your stockpile overnight) only to realize that another sale is coming where you can get them cheaper. As long as you have stock on hand when you need them w/o paying full price, that is more than good enough

HTH.
This is fantastic advice!
Both are Gluten Free boys. I'm GF, too!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ctsunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!blumoose has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
if you have enough room you can keep flour in the freezer it does not freeze solid you can use it right out of the freezer its just really cooled this way it keeps for a long time and if you dont use it often you can still have it on hand
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to blumoose For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 PM

girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!girlygirljess05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I won't pay more than $1 for laundry detergent. But that's only if it's Tide, Gain, or Purex 3 in 1. Any of the cheaper brands like basic purex, all, etc. must be free for me to get them.

Paper Towels no more than .30 a roll, and that's pushing it.

Toilet Paper... not too sure. I bought a bunch from K-mart when they were on sale for $5 ea. and when u bought $20 u got $10 back and used a $10 off $20 purchase.

Pasta... normally free, but no more than .30 a box.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girlygirljess05 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Enjoying today!!

My Mood/Status:
couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Pasta -normally FREE but no more than $0.25 a box

Laundry Detergent - no more than $1 no matter what brand

Toilet Paper- no more than $0.25 a roll any brand

Paper Towels- no more than $0.25 a roll any brand

Toothpaste-FREE only

Deodorant--FREE only

Razors FREE only

I know I'm el'cheap'o
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to couponmama62 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 12:50 PM

excited has posted more than 25 good deals
Thanks for the info I have been wondering about the prices of these things. Thanks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to excited For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1 View Post
I can help w/some of this, but not all. Hopefully others will chime in. As far as detergent, if you are not brand loyal that will help a lot. We often see $2 coupons for detergent and that's when you need to stock up. I don't pay more than $1-$2 for a bottle of liquid laundry detergent; typically $1.

Pasta is often free since we've seen $0.75/1 coupons for various brands and with doubling they will usually be free. What grocery stores do you have near you?
I never get my pasta for free I usually buy the Wal Mart Brand which I think is better than most prices...

I guess I do not have the stores here to get them free and no store here doubles coupons~
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to roseminxe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!roseminxe has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What am I missing with the laundry det. The best I ever did was 26 bottles for free but now I'm paying $2 for the Purex 32 load since I have coupons.

Is it that you all are doubling the coupons?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to roseminxe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 02:16 PM

:-)
AFC Administrator

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseminxe View Post
I never get my pasta for free I usually buy the Wal Mart Brand which I think is better than most prices...

I guess I do not have the stores here to get them free and no store here doubles coupons~
Yes, I think doubling helps A LOT. But I'm pretty sure there were regional Dreamfields and Barilla coupons within the past year that were for $1/1 and that made it free in some places without doubling.

As far as the laundry detergent I've never gotten it for free even with doubles and triples here. I've used the regional $2/1 All coupons to get it for $1-$2 a bottle.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 03:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Gr8day2save has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I love this post. Thanks for asking the questions and thanks to everyone else for their great answers!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gr8day2save For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
Krysla has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks so much for this post! Esp the advice about $.01/sq ft for the paper goods - that's the one that always confuses me.

I make my own detergent so I'm glad I don't have to worry about that one
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krysla For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 AM

Overworked

My Mood/Status:
minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!minahsmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I think one thing to keep in mind is everyone on this board lives in different regions and prices vary. What may be free for some folks, others may never get it that low. Some people are fortunate to get double coupons which really makes a difference.
Unfortunately, no stores in my area double. Don't get caught up when you see posts where people get like $300 worth of goodies for free. There is a lot of work involved in those trips and most of the time they don't reveal everything they did to get their OOP that low. Those trips don't happen every time they shop. I consider a good price on an item when I'm able to save at least 50% or more on any given item. I also compare shopping trips to those folks who live in my particular region where I know prices are more comparable. Good luck to you!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM

procrastinating
Consistently NOT smarter than a fifth grader

My Mood/Status:
tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
all oxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyqueen View Post
I can't say for sure with the tp and paper towels because I haven't gotten them in so long. It's just 2 of us, so we don't use a lot of either. I usually try to work them in when I've got a $$/$$ coupon for cvs or rite aid combine with coupons, so I usually don't pay much for them but like I said, I don't really have a buy price. I would say $3-$4 for tp. My hubby will only use Quilted Northern, so I just look for deals on that. As for paper towels, probably about the same but I'm not brand loyal.

As for detergent, I pretty much go for free-$1. I got tons of all from food lion several months ago for about $.65 per bottle. I also got a bunch of purex for free+ after coupons and catalina from kroger a while back. I've also gotten purex 3-in-1 sheets for free from rite aid.

I wouldn't get pasta unless it was free or a few cents.
I have to say that if All oxy was for free, I would not even use it then. It seemed to fade my towels and did not really seem to clean well. (but I have like 10 of them now) I did like the other All products I have gotten in the past, but really prefer the tide. Some things you have to just make a decision and realize you won't save quite as much...but life is just too short.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: