Can You Store Candles,laundry Deterg Outside?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
connab has posted more than 300 great deals!connab has posted more than 300 great deals!connab has posted more than 300 great deals!connab has posted more than 300 great deals!
Can you store candles,laundry deterg outside?

Can you store candles, flameless candles, glade(the ones with the little smelling thing you light then it disapears), liquid detergent in a garage? We just put new shelfing up and there are 2 empty shelves and I would love to move some stuff around but I dont want to ruin anything. Thanks for any advise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to connab For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:38 PM

RE: Can you store candles,laundry deterg outside?

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would the detergent but be wary of the candels. They melt in heat and would surely melt when the seasons change. I store cleaning supplies in a garage type area. Things that are non food items are ok.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apsufan82 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 05:14 PM

has tons of coupons for trade!

My Mood/Status:
justbamom has posted more than 150 good deals!justbamom has posted more than 150 good deals!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justbamom For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
connab has posted more than 300 great deals!connab has posted more than 300 great deals!connab has posted more than 300 great deals!connab has posted more than 300 great deals!
Also, can you store water and coke(soft drinks) out in the garage?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to connab For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Imashopper has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I store most of my stockpile in the garage. I have a rubbermaid closet for packaged goods, cereal, rice, etc.. But I keep cans, jars(ragu,pickles), liquid detergent, cleaning supplies, water,cokes, etc.. on shelves. I also use rubbermaid containers with lids for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. However, I make sure to bring anything inside during the summer months that could melt(chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, etc...) I don't store any candles in the garage, except for the flameless candles, since they can't melt. All of my toiletries are stored in my upstairs bathroom also. Good Luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Imashopper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 PM

needs a vacation
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sargentkr has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have always stored my candles in the garage because I had no storage area in the house. They were always fine. But I would also say it probably depends on the area you live in. As for the pop and water - I was wondering the same thing about pop the other day. I have a bunch of 2 liters that I got for free and I don't have anywhere else to put them. I would think water should be okay.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sargentkr For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Can you store pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by connab View Post
In response to your question, it depends on where you live, and if your garage is heated. If you live somewhere pop might freeze, do not keep it outside, it could freeze, and explode, if it does not explode from freezing, when you bring it in, it could expand from the temp. dif., and explode, or slowly let air out without your knowing, and then it will go flat. HTH.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikiz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
if you live somewhere hot, storing candles outside is NOT an option. But if you need a place to store them, try the top shelf, and the floor of your closet. Yes, the same one your clothes are in, think of them like sachets.

HTH,

Lauren
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AFC
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2008, 08:04 AM

happy fall!

My Mood/Status:
bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bidzaway has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
If you need another place to store them would be in the basement/attic or under the bed in those "under-the-bed storage"containers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bidzaway For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM

went to play with friends

My Mood/Status:
treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!treasurehouse has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree, it depends on where you live. Here, in North Dakota, we are freezing INSIDE the house. Even our "warm" garage is below freezing because the snow/slug/sand from the cars is frozen on the floor making our own inside ice arena. I love North Dakotoa... I love North Dakota... I love North Dakota...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treasurehouse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2008, 08:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!slow going has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I agree with everyone.. Depends where you live. I store my pop, water, detergent, out in my garage. But not on the cement floor. It get cold here, But we insulated the garage. Now I can store it there. things like candle candy ect are in the house. I am going to use my candles as sachets. Thank you for letting me steal that. Such a great way to store Thanks for the tip justfluffy..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slow going For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If there are mice in the garage, they will eat candles. Yecchhhh!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cadnil For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2009, 11:12 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!elena_398 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I heard shampoos and conditioners can freeze up and not to store outside (only in the house).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elena_398 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
angiengary has posted more than 200 great deals!angiengary has posted more than 200 great deals!angiengary has posted more than 200 great deals!
I store them in the garage with no problem. When we had out water leak we had to pack out our entire house and put everthing in pack rats outside. When we unpacked I noticed some of the bottles of dishsoap I had, had started to freeze. I put them on the shelf in the garage, they thawed out and there was no problem.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:40 AM

Surfing for a couple of tips I can implement...

My Mood/Status:
clethridge has posted more than 100 good deals!clethridge has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by connab View Post
If you live in a area that gets to freezing, I wouldn't store your liquid items in the garage. We get to freezing at times and my sodas in my garage fridge exploded - yeah, it was not pretty!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: