Stockpiling In Small Spaces

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Stockpiling in small spaces

In 2011 we built a 2700 sqft home and I have huge hopes for the office to be converted into a massive stockpile/grocery store room. My husband however immediately smashed that down. I'm also not allowed to touch any inch of the 3 car garage. So... that left me with very few options as to where to put my stockpile. My stockpile tends to be on the smaller side anyhow since I pass on processed foods and try to stick to organic products. I'm also super brand loyal and have skin allergies so my people are often surprised that I don't have the typical massive stockpiles that most couponers have.

We had a closet under the stairs which was being absolutely wasted so I built shelves and shoved a deep freezer in it. That is my food stockpile. I have a linen closet that I've converted to my HBA stockpile and I store my laundry related products on a shelf in my laundry room. And thats it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_160926_225.jpg (185.6 KB, 455 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_160942_898.jpg (184.9 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_160958_709.jpg (198.3 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161017_390.jpg (192.7 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161043_941.jpg (198.0 KB, 428 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM

RE: Stockpiling in small spaces

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
More stockpile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161048_569.jpg (196.2 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161054_939.jpg (196.3 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161213_275.jpg (197.3 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161304_760.jpg (188.8 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161320_899.jpg (182.6 KB, 287 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
Laundry Room
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130709_161434_911.jpg (201.2 KB, 297 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 05:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Love the pictures I might have to get some of those shelves for my laundry room. My laundry room is small but I would love to get all my detergent out of the closet with the rest of my stockpile. My stockpile is hidden in closets we have a extra bedroom that my dh says I can put my stuff in then turns around and says but no holes on the wall so kinda pointless .
step mom to aj 18yrs old
wife to Alfred
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crystallv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow you have a great stockpile! I'm like you, I tend to pass on the processed foods unless its completely free or a mmer and I don't have to pay tax because then I'll just donate it. My family eats mainly organic and it's hard to find great deals, but it seems like you're doing a great job. When I find a good deal I really stock up. My HBA stockpile is getting pretty large, I think I have about 8 shelves and they are overflowing so at the end of this month I plan on going through everything to pick out most of the stuff I want to donate. I like your shoe organizer to organize your smaller things. I'm thinking about getting a peg board to organize all my razors/makeup/other hanging things. Thanks for sharing your stockpile!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CouponCrazzii For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystallv View Post
Love the pictures I might have to get some of those shelves for my laundry room. My laundry room is small but I would love to get all my detergent out of the closet with the rest of my stockpile. My stockpile is hidden in closets we have a extra bedroom that my dh says I can put my stuff in then turns around and says but no holes on the wall so kinda pointless .
I used to have it all piled together before we built this house and when we moved in I did the same thing.. then I asked myself why I was walking out of the laundry room for laundry soap. As for no holes.. I got some really great super tall 5 tier heavy duty shelves at Lowes. We use them in the garage for DH car parts but I moved one into the laundry room to store my linens. If I get to the point where my stock pile needs them, I will totally swap the items around. These shelves were like 25 a piece and could hold mega stockpile stuff. You see... I bought them for DH, with future stockpile needs in mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponCrazzii View Post
Wow you have a great stockpile! I'm like you, I tend to pass on the processed foods unless its completely free or a mmer and I don't have to pay tax because then I'll just donate it. My family eats mainly organic and it's hard to find great deals, but it seems like you're doing a great job. When I find a good deal I really stock up. My HBA stockpile is getting pretty large, I think I have about 8 shelves and they are overflowing so at the end of this month I plan on going through everything to pick out most of the stuff I want to donate. I like your shoe organizer to organize your smaller things. I'm thinking about getting a peg board to organize all my razors/makeup/other hanging things. Thanks for sharing your stockpile!
I had a hard time finding organic deals too and most of that stuff like the beans and broth and soup wasn't even with coupons, they were just store closeouts or clearance finds or sales. I finally found a store here that sells tons of organic/naturals for prices comparable with conventional if not cheaper! Since people don't really think to cross check, the organics get ignored and I pick them up for .25 a can!

About the shoe organizer, one of my friends is a couponer here- her stockpile easily puts mine to sad, sad shame... she gave me that organizer for that exact purpose. She's a genius! She also has a peg board for razors and stuff, I just toss mine into baskets, I'm too lazy to put them on a peg board.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponCrazzii has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2midwife View Post
I had a hard time finding organic deals too and most of that stuff like the beans and broth and soup wasn't even with coupons, they were just store closeouts or clearance finds or sales. I finally found a store here that sells tons of organic/naturals for prices comparable with conventional if not cheaper! Since people don't really think to cross check, the organics get ignored and I pick them up for .25 a can!

About the shoe organizer, one of my friends is a couponer here- her stockpile easily puts mine to sad, sad shame... she gave me that organizer for that exact purpose. She's a genius! She also has a peg board for razors and stuff, I just toss mine into baskets, I'm too lazy to put them on a peg board.
I recently found a local store too. I was able to pick up organic almond milks .25cents each a couple of months ago and organic soup cartons for .25cents each too. I think that's the best I've done !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CouponCrazzii For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Life is good!

2015 YTD Savings: $9370
My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I like it! Very nice, medic.That's exactly how I would like mine to look.
We buy the same things, how do you like Amy's Cream of Mushroom Soup? I use it instead of Campbells.
The Following User Says Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 02:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
bbgmom has posted more than 50 good deals
I love what you did to that space under the stairs. There still more lots to add more space and the landry room is just darlling. Love your avatar 2 its from one of my favorite movies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbgmom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 10:37 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints View Post
I like it! Very nice, medic.That's exactly how I would like mine to look.
We buy the same things, how do you like Amy's Cream of Mushroom Soup? I use it instead of Campbells.
Thank you! I love Amys everything, I've never been dissatisfied with any of their products. I hate all the processed yuck in campbells but I do have a hard time finding a good variety of the Amy's stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgmom View Post
I love what you did to that space under the stairs. There still more lots to add more space and the landry room is just darlling. Love your avatar 2 its from one of my favorite movies.
Thank you! I definitely still have space for stockpiling, I see every inch as a premium The avatar is poking fun at myself, I'm on the HOA board.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bookwormpeg has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Pretty!!! Very organized!!! I use to have a closet under the stairs where I stored my stockpile...loved it....but, now I live in a very small 1200 sf house...no storage so I invent it...under the bed, dressers, nite stands, etc...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bookwormpeg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 12:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great job and great pics! Thanks for sharing, I think you're doing an awesome job!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mforward For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM

Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Nice job!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carriemb2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Elle13 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Love your post...would love to be able to build someday, I love using the shoe organizers on doors too. My mother in law has one in their pantry door, and I thought that would be prefect for small HBA & other stuff!

Mama to outgoing 5 y.o. DS

"Never let the fear of striking out hold you back"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elle13 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mforward has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My DD uses one (over the door shoe organizer) on her bathroom door to organize all her stuff. She has a small apartment bathroom. Keeps stuff off the counter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mforward For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
tcdanielle has posted more than 75 good deals!
Love the stockpile pics! Thanks for sharing! I am moving into an apartment with my boyfriend next month and I am not seeing a lot of storage space so I'm trying to talk him into one with a loft so I can put a bunch of shelves up there . I almost bought one of those shoe organizers the other day, but I didn't! I probably should have...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcdanielle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
rtnrjk has posted more than 150 good deals!rtnrjk has posted more than 150 good deals!
You sound like me

I am jealous of your stuff. We have allergies also in our family and are trying to de-process our food pile. Now that I am only working 1 day a week I want to get back in the swing of things regarding getting my stockpile together.

Great job.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtnrjk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 10:35 PM

Hassonsgirl has posted more than 10 good deals
You could come organize mine
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassonsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2013, 07:08 PM

Conductor of blinkies and tearpad train
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!elvis fan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
very nice

tiger tom tom thumber

The Following User Says Thank You to elvis fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2013, 07:41 PM

Hunniepie924 has posted more than 25 good deals
Oh my gosh! I just started again about a month and my storage closet is full already. It is a narrow walk in closet. I already have what shelves I can. Now looking to store razors, hair care in storage totes in the back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hunniepie924 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great use of the unused space under your stairs!
The Following User Says Thank You to nonniepooh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2013, 11:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
angellove29115 has posted more than 1 good deal
love it, I use shoe hanger for kids school supplies and extra cords, I dont know why I havent done it in my patry. Thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to angellove29115 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Love the round laundry baskets to store razors and deodorant. They look organized and are easy to see what's in it.

Thanks for sharing. I love to see how other's have organized their stores.

, and
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adventure1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Bar2969 has posted more than 5 good deals
Love your stockpile photos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bar2969 For This Useful Post: