Have You Lost Weight By Eating Lean Cuisine?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Coupons are my BFFs :)

My Mood/Status:
greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Have you lost weight by eating Lean Cuisine?

So I started a new "diet" yesterday. I'm 30, and have never been on a diet in my life, even though I should've been a long time ago. Well the scale finally hit 200 and I always said that was the cut off point for me. So instead of doing Weight Watchers, I want to try to do this on my own, just by cutting out all of the CRAP that I have been eating, and replacing it with the good stuff.
I have 3 kiddos at home and I work full time, so not much time to exercise. I have no issues $ wise in being able to buy fruits and veggies but I don't have a lot of time to make healthy lunches. I do really like the Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine meals however. If u have tried these and lost weight, can you give me some pointers? My goal is just 2 pounds per week. I think that is reasonable right? My plan is to eat a small healthy breakfast before work, bring a HC or LC meal for lunch, and cook a healthy dinner. Of course watching portion sizes now too. If I can't resist my snack urges, I have some of the 100 calorie packs from Special K.
What do you guys think? I would love any advice here. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to greenbug728 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM

RE: Have you lost weight by eating Lean Cuisine?

home

My Mood/Status:
lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lovemydh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You are doing it right. You don't want to eat more than one "frozen" meal a day. While they are good for you the are VERY high in sodium. You will be surprised by making better choices and smaller portions the weight will come off. I've been doing this and I've lost 25 pounds! Losing 2 pounds a week is the right amount. But the thing is you have to remember that this is not a diet. It needs to become a lifestyle change.

That doesn't mean however that you CAN'T have something it's just that it's all in moderation. Depriving yourself of something only makes your body crave it that much more an then u binge and eat the whole candy bar instead of just the small bite of chocolate that you wanted.

Hang in there. It's a slow process but it's the right way to do it!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have tried what you are trying to do before and it did not work for me. The meals are too small..and don't have enough veggies.

You can make soup and salad on the weekend to last the entire week. Just portion it and go. Watch dressings and salad toppings which can add on calories real quickly.

Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day.. and now that I Am maintaining it is my biggest meal of the day. SO you need to focus on finding something that is healthy and filling. You want to make sure you eat protein and fiber for breakfast as it will help you stay full longer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jonsgurl0531; 02-03-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: really long lol..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonsgurl0531 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!greenbug728 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thanks guys for your awesome advice. I didn't even consider sodium into that. Some more info, my 3 biggest issues are take out foods, sugar, and portions. We eat out like every day at my job and not only is that super unhealthy, its sooo expensive. Last week I spent $80 just in one weekend on my lunches at work, and for me and my BF to eat out. that's crazy!!

I love to cook and its mostly healthy foods, but I always load my plate full. I get full halfway through, but I keep eating because the food is good and I hate to waste it. This may sound like common sense to just stop, but its not easy for me.

So I'm hoping by just these simple changes I can see some small results every week. I don't want to count calories, because I feel that would limit me, and when I know I can't have something I want it that much more. I already drink mostly all water and take vitamins everyday, so its gonna take more than that for me. I call this the "Just Cut Down" approach. Lol
Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 PM

What not to love about a sassy penguin?

My Mood/Status:
Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
So either buy smaller plates or fill your plate then put half in a container for lunch the next day. Then you aren't tempted to eat it or feel like you are wasting it and you'll have the yuuuuuuummmmmy for lunch too.

Congrats on taking the first steps to do this!! I'm on the same journey and would love to share encouragement/advice/or just a vent!!

No I'm not one of thoooose couponers!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassypenguin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Blessed by the Lord
Jesus's friend

My Mood/Status:
shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!shelleyf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I eat a tablespoon of honey every morning. That and prayer is what has helped me lose 74 lbs now. No dieting and I eat whatever I want and never count calories. Google honey and it says it melts the fat off even the most obese person. Thank God I am not the most obese, but it will work for everyone.

I love to pray for others. If you need prayers please send me a PM and please keep me in your prayers/
The Following User Says Thank You to shelleyf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:36 PM

mthk has posted more than 10 good deals
I am a small and very healthy person despite the fact that I don't exercise. However, I eat a lot and eat everything but small portion thru out the day (Eat a lot of fruits and veggies of course) From my experience, drinking soy or almond milk (1 8 oz) and 1 yogurt (I eat activia select French or chobani) helped me losing about 4,5 lbs in a month. I have not lost more weight because I am small already (I am Asian). Try milk and yogurt for breakfast. We women need calcium and vitamin D as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mthk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!daisybelle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I say keep eating off the big plate, but fill most of it with non-starchy veggies or fruit! That way you will feel like you can eat more and not be deprived!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisybelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 03:23 PM

pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!pylant has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I like to add frozen veggies to my lean cuisine meals to make them alot more filling. I have been eating one for lunch and probly 2-3 times a week for dinner for the past 4 weeks and lost 7#'s. Portions are the key!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylant For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 10:00 AM

My Mood/Status:
Oneia has posted more than 100 good deals!Oneia has posted more than 100 good deals!
I'm lucky to be able to eat leftovers for my lunches- but when I can't, I do go for Lean Cuisine. I can't attribute just those lunches to my weight loss, though. The comprehensive plan you've got (healthy breakfast, portion-controlled lunch, healthy dinner) sounds like a good launching point. Don't forget to have healthy snacks on hand, too (string cheese, celery sticks, portioned out almonds, etc.) for those days when the Lean Cuisine lunches just don't tide you over until dinner.

Also, you may already be doing this, but don't forget to count/journal your calories. Not only will it help you in the long run, but if you go back over your notes over time, you'll be able to see which lunches are better for YOU.

If you have time, try getting in at least 10 minutes of some sort of exercise a day as well. Even walking at a moderate pace will help your efforts.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM

ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I'm currently in college and my major is dietetics and nutrition. Lean cuisines are a good thing to have to fall back on when you are in a hurry, but not a great idea to eat on a daily basis. They are full of sodium and preservatives and that's not what your body needs when you are trying to diet.
You can go to choosemyplate.gov for the new and updated "food pyramid" (it's not a pyramid but it is the replacement for the old pyramid). Dietitians recommend that 1/2 of each meal should be fruits and veggies. I would also suggest finding fruits/veggies that you like to have on hand as snacks. Things like carrots, grapes, berries, etc are great to have little bags of to grab at work if you get hungry.
The other 1/2 of your meal should be split between protein and grains. Try to eat whole grain products (make sure your bread or whatever says 100% whole wheat) and lean meats. You should also have a serving of dairy with each meal. Fat free milk or yogurt (watch for added sugar in yogurt) are good.
The lean cuisines are definitely better than grabbing McDonald's, but they do not meet a dietitian's guidelines of a healthy lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylant
I like to add frozen veggies to my lean cuisine meals to make them alot more filling.
This is a great piece of advice. Adding frozen vegetables definitely makes lean cuisines more filling without adding more sodium or sugar.

OP- I would be happy to help you if you would like. Like I said, I'm just starting out and not certified or anything but I do have the information and notes to help you. I would be glad to help you come up with better meals or whatever if you (or anyone else) are interested!
Good luck with your weight loss! You are taking the first step and that's the hardest

Also- try to exercise for 30 minutes a day if at all possible. Even if you just take the kids for a walk, it will make a huge difference. And drink 6-8 full glasses of cold water a day. Your body will burn energy processing the water and warming it to a the temperature it needs to be.

Last edited by ballardb; 02-05-2012 at 10:53 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ballardb For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Redbankgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!Redbankgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!Redbankgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
I started WW 4 weeks ago and I have lost 12.2lbs. Just another idea for you for breakfast.. I am hooked on the lowfat eggo waffle wheat. I heat them in the toaster slice a half banana drizzle sugar free pancake syrup just a little and place them together like a sandwich. Its only 5 WW points plus points. To me it is very filling. Good luck with your weight loss.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redbankgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 02:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone! You guys are awesome! This whole week I have felt so special by everyone's post. You guys defiantly motivated me and I am so proud of myself because I have been eating a lot different than what I was.

Today I went to Target and bought a new scale, I haven't owned one in 10 years! And I honestly couldn't wait to see the results. When I had my physical done 2 months ago, I weighed 200lbs, and today my awesome new scale read 195.5. (totally worth it's $20 price tag ) So really without trying I have already lost 4.5lbs. I am so excited! I haven't even told my BF or any of my friends, that I am trying to lose weight and get healthy. I just want him to notice one day and go " wow, she is looking hot today" (or something along those lines)

I also bought a new Kitchenaid mixer, (they are on sale at Target for $159.99) so I can start making healthy food at home and hopefully have some leftovers to take to work. Or at least that's how I'm justifying spending that much $ on one thing. Lol

If anyone else is going through this, I would love to hear what is working for you guys so we can help each other along and celebrate together. Oh and Shelleyf, I bought some honey today (B1G1 free at CVS) so I am trying this starting Today!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:39 PM

What not to love about a sassy penguin?

My Mood/Status:
Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I fell off this week but plan to get back on it starting tomorrow. The super bowl snacks are calling to me .

No I'm not one of thoooose couponers!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassypenguin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 02:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbankgirl View Post
I started WW 4 weeks ago and I have lost 12.2lbs. Just another idea for you for breakfast.. I am hooked on the lowfat eggo waffle wheat. I heat them in the toaster slice a half banana drizzle sugar free pancake syrup just a little and place them together like a sandwich. Its only 5 WW points plus points. To me it is very filling. Good luck with your weight loss.
That sounds yummy! Any particular brand of syrup? I need to lose 25 pounds to be considered at my healthy weight. I have had 4 kids in 5 years and that along with stress has caused my weight to just stay (although I am thankful I am able to maintain after many many years of self-abuse to my body!) My biggest problem is not having any time to eat or getting so mad when I finally get to eat cause the food is cold and nasty or the kids have just pushed me too far so I no longer want to eat. Then I end up eating crap after skipping several meals.
I wish you the best of luck OP, will be following this thread cheering you on!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 PM

mclaroc has posted more than 100 good deals!mclaroc has posted more than 100 good deals!
I think the most important tip that helped me manage food around my house is to plan 1 week ahead of recipes. So start by making a list of healthy recipes you like, then go online to find recipes that seem good for you, to add to your rotation. Make a calendar of meals for the week (try being as specific as possible) then shop for those meals . I feel that if I have the ingredients for a meal at home, it is much harder to tell myself that I don't feel like cooking.
Eating out is really a killer on diets, some pasta plates can have up to 1200 calories, that is just insane.
Another way to add vegetables in your diet , instead of just thinking salads or sides, is to hide them in recipes. When I use ground beef, for example, I always add cedley, onion, and red peppers to the meat (like in tacos, for example). It may not make a HUGE difference at first, but the fiber fills you up , and if you do this every day, the vegetable portions really add up .
Good luck ! You are teaching such an important lesson to your kids in teaching them how to eat well.
The Following User Says Thank You to mclaroc For This Useful Post: