Anyone Want To Go On A Diet With Me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM

RE: Anyone want to go on a diet with me?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowWoman View Post
I'm so proud of you!!!! Isn't the Super Food AMAZING???? I also enjoy the Perfect Food Berry. I can't say how much I love Garden of Life products (except the price...)!! I take several products from their line! Did you read "The Maker's Diet?" The creator of Garden of Life wrote that book and created this nutrition in response to finding his cure for his health problems. It's an interesting read, and the diet isn't anything dramatic--just wholesome, healthy food! Like you, I'm not a dieter. Never have been, don't think I ever will be. I just think eating wholesome and a variety is important. And watching portions, of course
I need to correct myself, it is called The Perfect Food with super greens. I'll admit, it took a week to get used to the flavor and texture but it's a shot a day and I already see a big improvement in my skin and energy levels and I believe that it also has affected my cravings in a good way. It is a little spendy but I save so much on everything else, I do not want to skimp on good quality vitamins.

I did want to point out that the sooner everyone ditches the processed, sugary stuff, the sooner they will see a dramatic change in everything from hair and skin to energy levels. Moderation is key. But your body does not care whether it is real or artificial sugar, it will take that and store it as fat especially if you have cut down your calorie intake.

Interesting article
The 11 Best Foods You Aren't Eating - NYTimes.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McEngle For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
OOOOOOO!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE circuit training!
Me too... It beats the gym monotony!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to junewonder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM

misstonielting has posted more than 10 good deals
An easy way to keep track is my using a phone app. I'm using something called lose it! You can quickly get the cals.for the food you eat and it tells you how many calories you have left for the day it keeps track of your weight and give you a certain number of calories to eat each day to get to your goal weight by a certain date!!!

Also I'm taking a supplemtn called Bethel S30 its all natural I no it sucks not being in your old body after you have a baby and you loose most of the "you" time you had before thats why we all snack and eat unhealthy because its so easy to!!! any wayyyy I took this all natural stuff and I was 160 pounds wahhhh im 5'3 so thats horrible for me esp since I was 115 before I had my baby any way its been 2 weeks and Im down to 144!!! check it outtt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misstonielting For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!junewonder has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by junewonder View Post
9/2

Breakfast 7:30am: 1 cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, coffee
Snack1 10am: 1 cup greek yogurt topped with kashi golean and blueberries
Lunch 12:30pm: baked ziti(made with a blend of lowfat and fat free cheese), steamed veggies
Snack2 4pm: 1 hersheys dark chocolate candy bar(was pure heaven), coffee
Snack3 6:30pm: 1 banana, 1/2 mango, watermelon cubes
No gym today.
Dinner 9pm: homemade veggie pizza, spinach salad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to junewonder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 AM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
9/3-
1 carnation instant breakfast 5
1 Yogurt
3 Rice Cakes 3 pts
1 v8 1pt
Less than 1/3 of an Amy's Spinach Pizza 7 pts

Having a girls night tonight...I'll be having a salad and a small..itty bitty piece of pesto pizza. I volunteered to be the DD because I don't want the calories in the drinks!!

Here is a list of 1 pt snacks:

http://www.counselingseattle.com/ww/1.htm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(2)

Last edited by Alexdur85; 09-03-2010 at 03:10 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
9/3
Breakfast 7:30am : 3 buckwheat pancakes, 1/2 cup milk, coffee
Snack1 10:00am : 2 vegan banana oat muffins, tea
Lunch 12:30pm : pasta with cheese sauce(used fatfree n lowfat cheese blend), 1 small pack M&M pretzel candy(YUMMM)

Last edited by junewonder; 09-03-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: update
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to junewonder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
9/3
2 fried eggs over ground turkey mixed with brown rice
greek yogurt (honey vanilla) with sliced almonds
lentil curry soup with 3 corn tortillas

going out for dinner!!! mexican food!!!! (my hubby hates mexican food so I rarely get it...this is a girl's night out!)

Last edited by YellowWoman; 09-03-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: update
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YellowWoman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 12:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McEngle View Post
Officially one week off sugar! The only allowance is natural found in fruits, vegetables and some carbs. Been taking Super Food Garden of Life | Products for Life | Foundational Nutrition | Perfect FoodŽ in the morning and I am already feeling and seeing a difference in my energy level and my skin is looking really nice. It it amazing that after a week it has cut my cravings for sugar.

Like I keep saying, I refuse to diet. I am making a committment to work out every day and a sound decision to eat with intent. If I want to eat but do not know what I want, I eat an apple. Meal planning helps me so much with this. Knowing what I will eat a day or a week in advance saves me. I have lost 4 more inches all over. I am finding that I feel better. My energy levels have gone through the roof and I am sleeping better.
Where do you buy this stuff? I've been off sugar for almost 2 weeks now but I'm definitely having a hard time (oh I had a cheat last Sunday and ate 3 brownie bites).

The Following User Says Thank You to rebekahdawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!YellowWoman has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahdawn View Post
Where do you buy this stuff? I've been off sugar for almost 2 weeks now but I'm definitely having a hard time (oh I had a cheat last Sunday and ate 3 brownie bites).

I usually buy mine from healthfoodemporium.com, mainly because the stores around me that carry it don't have stock rotated enough for my comfort level And the price is WAY better there also.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rebekahdawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebekahdawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 04:01 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Alexdur85 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oops!!
(2)

Last edited by Alexdur85; 09-03-2010 at 04:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
9/3
2 fried eggs over ground turkey mixed with brown rice
greek yogurt (honey vanilla) with sliced almonds
lentil curry soup with 3 corn tortillas

going out for dinner!!! mexican food!!!! (my hubby hates mexican food so I rarely get it...this is a girl's night out!)
Ok, so I ordered my favorite!!! Shredded beef enchiladas. But I didn't enjoy the food...way too salty! Then again, I think almost every restaurant overdoes it on salt. I didn't even bring the leftovers home.

1 beef enchilada, 1 bite of super salty refried beans, 1 bite of super salty mexican rice
At least the company was GREAT!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:05 AM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
9/4
Carnation Instant Breakfast
Yogurt
Rice Cakes
Amy's Buritto

That is until 4pm.. after that I'm not sure what we're cooking but I thawed some chicken and we have veggies we need to eat.
(2)
Old 09-04-2010, 09:45 AM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
9/4
banana, kashi go lean soy milk
Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
I've been looking into that Perfect Food supplement.
Are the capsules okay vs the powder?

The Following User Says Thank You to rebekahdawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
9/4 cheat day.. yay!
Breakfast 8:30am: oat bran cereal, 1 cup milk
Lunch 12:15pm: pasta with veggies, sprouts and tofu, only 1 scoop of turkyhill light icecream.. (okay now the scoop was huge.. )
The Following User Says Thank You to junewonder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 01:50 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I don't see why not....I've never tried them, but they have the same purpose, so it should be fine!?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:25 PM

Elise

My Mood/Status:
elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!elisechu has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just read The Ultimate Tea Diet and the book basically says instead of snacking on junk food you should replace it with a tea of that similar flavoring. Also drink tea instead of water all day long since it's better for you. Iced or hot and sweeten with a 0 cal sweetener. It can be any flavor of white, green, oolong, or black tea. Plus no coffee, diet or reg sodas.

I'm going to try it for 2 weeks and see how much I loose.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elisechu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 02:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Ok, so I ordered my favorite!!! Shredded beef enchiladas. But I didn't enjoy the food...way too salty! Then again, I think almost every restaurant overdoes it on salt. I didn't even bring the leftovers home.

1 beef enchilada, 1 bite of super salty refried beans, 1 bite of super salty mexican rice
At least the company was GREAT!
I agree... most of the restaurants tend to add a lot of salt.
Am glad you had a good time
The Following User Says Thank You to junewonder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 03:04 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisechu View Post
I just read The Ultimate Tea Diet and the book basically says instead of snacking on junk food you should replace it with a tea of that similar flavoring. Also drink tea instead of water all day long since it's better for you. Iced or hot and sweeten with a 0 cal sweetener. It can be any flavor of white, green, oolong, or black tea. Plus no coffee, diet or reg sodas.

I'm going to try it for 2 weeks and see how much I loose.
Although I totally agree that tea has it benefits but I can't say it's better than water. Tea has caffeine (I'm sure you can get caffeine free) and isn't it a diuretic so won't it sort.. I dunno. dry you out?
(2)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 05:13 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdur85 View Post
Although I totally agree that tea has it benefits but I can't say it's better than water. Tea has caffeine (I'm sure you can get caffeine free) and isn't it a diuretic so won't it sort.. I dunno. dry you out?
LOL. I'm a huge tea drinker, but only decaf and herbal with nothing added--none of those goofy "tea" drinks with lots of sugar! I have a lot of herbs in my yard that make some wonderful tea (lemongrass, spearmint, peppermint....). They hydrate me more than sufficiently!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
I guess that's what is wrong with me. When I think of ta I think of snapple
(2)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexdur85 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 PM

loves yellow.

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdur85 View Post
I guess that's what is wrong with me. When I think of ta I think of snapple
Man, that stuff is enough to give you a cavity!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to YellowWoman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM

McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!McEngle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Yes, however, they are a bit more pricey because you have to take about 8of them to get the same effect as the powder. The powder, however, takes some getting used to. The texture and flavor gagged me at first because it tastes like grass and the powder is lumpy if you don't let it dissolve. The berry may be better than the plain formula. Now that I have stuck with it, it has a nutty flavor and I can stomache it with plain water and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. I also have no problems when I mask it in a fruit smoothie. There are many green formulas out there, you just want to find the one with the most concentrated super greens (wheat grass in particular) and find one that has the least reccomended dosage. I use my amazon codes to pay for it and amazon seems to have the best variety.
hth
Oh and I lost another inch off my waist.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McEngle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 07:41 PM

I love vinegar!
Addicted to Coupons!!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McEngle View Post
Yes, however, they are a bit more pricey because you have to take about 8of them to get the same effect as the powder. The powder, however, takes some getting used to. The texture and flavor gagged me at first because it tastes like grass and the powder is lumpy if you don't let it dissolve. The berry may be better than the plain formula. Now that I have stuck with it, it has a nutty flavor and I can stomache it with plain water and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. I also have no problems when I mask it in a fruit smoothie. There are many green formulas out there, you just want to find the one with the most concentrated super greens (wheat grass in particular) and find one that has the least reccomended dosage. I use my amazon codes to pay for it and amazon seems to have the best variety.
hth
Oh and I lost another inch off my waist.

Congrats on dissolving inches!

I got the Jillian Fat Burn DVD from Netflix to try out and see if I can keep up with it. I'm excited!
(2)