Sct?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 03:26 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Thriftstoremommy990 has posted more than 25 good deals
Sct?

Does anyone have had or lost a child with SCT? Has anyone had to go through the death of an infant?
I used to say I couldn't imagine a mothers pain of losing a child, but after I lost my daughter of SCT I have realized there is nothing worse than losing a child.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 04:28 PM

RE: Sct?

nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!nwfrugalista has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had never heard of SCT before, but wanted to extend my deep sympathies to you for the loss of your baby. I hope you find support and comfort. Hugs--

nwfrugalista
The Following User Says Thank You to nwfrugalista For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 12:42 PM

In my case:
SCT is a type of tumor. SCT starts from a germ or the failed attempt of twins, it forms as a mass at the bottom of the baby's spine. Some grow inward and are made of tissue, bone, hair, etc. My daughter's was growing very slowly at first and then at 26 weeks her heart tripled in size. BRB to finish. I've got to go get my girls off the bus! Sorry.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:42 PM

I couldn't edit the other post for some reason.
I cut and copied and put it here. I'm sorry! My other post can be deleted if needed.
In my case:
SCT is a type of tumor. SCT starts from a germ or the failed attempt of twins, it forms as a mass at the bottom of the baby's spine. Some grow inward and are made of tissue, bone, hair, etc. My daughter's tumor was growing very slowly at first and then at 26 weeks her heart tripled in size. I was admitted into the hospital and was administered steroids to develop her lungs. For the next 3 weeks every couple days I was admitted and discharged for observation. At 27 weeks I knew the Doctor's outlook was grimm, but through my whole pregnancy I was told her chances were high and at 75%. Little did I know those were the last couple weeks I had with my daughter. Her tumor went from 3 inches to 8 inches in one month. SCT causes a fluid build up on both mother and child. She started getting fluid build ups on her brain and chest. At 29 weeks, I went for a routine 3D Ultrasound. I laid there watching her beautiful little feet, hands, etc. The doctors got on the skype set up and saw the images and said I needed to rush to Knoxville. Our hearts were failing because with SCT you can develop hydrops and mirror syndrome which in my case sent me into cardiac arrest.
Then we started to lose her heartbeats on the monitor. For the next 5 mins my heart rate dropped from 160 to 38. I was sent into a emergency C-Section. She was born alive and strong. She was 3 pounds, 4 ounces-the tumor was 8 pounds, 3 ounces. She fought for almost 2 hours, but her lungs were just too small. I held her in my arms for an hour. She was beautiful. They wrapped the tumor so I couldn't see it. She had blonde hair. She never made a sound or opened her eyes. She was given morphine to keep her calm. She started to bleed from her nose and from all the tubes they had here and there and everywhere. I didn't let her suffer. I let her go. She was my little angel and I'd give anything to have her back.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:17 PM

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:48 PM

couponer5675 has posted more than 100 good deals!couponer5675 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I am crying right now reading about your daughter, I am so sorry for your loss may god give you patience and help you get through this tough time
Old 01-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Honestly I'm just getting through the day. I have 5 girls ages 1-8 and I have to take care of them. I spend my days with them and cleaning, organizing, couponing, etc. I spent 6 months investing all my time and money into her. Then lost everything. I try to think positive though. My girls keep me going. I tried to work on her scrapbook over the weekend but it was very overwhelming. I put it away for now. I see a counselor every week, but I'd rather have a friend than a guy that sits there and asks one million questions about my personal life. The hospital gave me footprints, hair clippings and handprints. SCT happens in 1 in 40,000 children. Babies with tumors smaller than my daughters often do great through surgery. I fell twice 2 weeks before I had her. Sometimes I wake up sweating and in tears because the nightmares won't go away. I can't wait for peace. My girls are one thing I can say bring me many laughs and smiles. Don't ever take your loved ones for granted. You can lose them in seconds. She looked just like me. Her nose and ears looked judt like mine. I wish I could've seen her eyes.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!keoughrn has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftstoremommy990
Honestly I'm just getting through the day. I have 5 girls ages 1-8 and I have to take care of them. I spend my days with them and cleaning, organizing, couponing, etc. I spent 6 months investing all my time and money into her. Then lost everything. I try to think positive though. My girls keep me going. I tried to work on her scrapbook over the weekend but it was very overwhelming. I put it away for now. I see a counselor every week, but I'd rather have a friend than a guy that sits there and asks one million questions about my personal life. The hospital gave me footprints, hair clippings and handprints. SCT happens in 1 in 40,000 children. Babies with tumors smaller than my daughters often do great through surgery. I fell twice 2 weeks before I had her. Sometimes I wake up sweating and in tears because the nightmares won't go away. I can't wait for peace. My girls are one thing I can say bring me many laughs and smiles. Don't ever take your loved ones for granted. You can lose them in seconds. She looked just like me. Her nose and ears looked judt like mine. I wish I could've seen her eyes.
[[[HUGS]]]] to you. So sorry for your loss.

Tags
children, death, disability, sct