Lack Of A "Watermark" ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 11:12 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Qpony has posted more than 50 good deals
Printer Lack of a "Watermark" ?

I asked a friend to use a Digiorno coupon for me when they were on sale, and the cashier told her that it didn't have a "watermark". She called over the head cashier and she too rejected the coupon for lack of a "watermark".

My printer was low on color ink when I printed it , so the pic of the pizza box was only partially printed, however all the words, the scan bar, and the numbers were very clearly printed in bold black. There were no smudges, no blurriness, etc.

I am new to couponing, (especially the printed ones) , but I did not think it was even possible for a printer to create a "watermark" ... so I'm confused as to this shoprites problem with this coupon. Has anyone else had this problem?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qpony For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 11:26 AM

RE: Lack of a "Watermark" ?

It's always sunny in Philadelphia lol

My Mood/Status:
phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Was this a coupons. com coupon or a Smart source IP coupon.. Some Shoprites ( like mine for example )do not accept Smart Source IP's

The mark they are talking about is behind the Save $X.XX amount on the coupon. and shows in little dots in the expiration box.. it is very light but even in B & W it shows up..

But they have the right to refuse it if they want to.. There isnt much you can do about it.

editted to add

I just printed the coupon and it isnt a SS IP

But it has water marks for me..

Last edited by phillygirl71; 10-30-2011 at 11:30 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phillygirl71 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 11:36 AM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi.
I hadnt realized you had made this post right here in the Shoprite section. I wrote you a private message inviting you to come here.

Welcome to Shoprite forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 11:39 AM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I dont usually print coupons but when I do I do so in Gray Scale. The Watermark does not come out.

I hear that when they are photo copied the watermark doesnt come out. That might be why they wont except ones where the Watermark isnt visable.

All Shoprites are run independantly. So, it depends on the store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
It was from facebook I think, from the DiGiorno page. I still don't understand the "watermark" concept I guess. Watermarks are an elaborate anti-counterfeit measure, used on currency, etc. how can a regular printer make them?

This was only the second time I had used printed coupons at this shoprite, the other time was the $2 off the Hatfield Ham Steaks, and those were accepted without any problem at all. I printed those with the same pc/printer with the lack of color ink.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Qpony For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Sorry to say.... Sometimes it depends on the Cashier, TheCustomer Service on duty and/or even their moods.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl71 View Post

The mark they are talking about is behind the Save $X.XX amount on the coupon. and shows in little dots in the expiration box.. it is very light but even in B & W it shows up..
Ok I just checked the coupon and I see what you mean, it says " Do not accept without a dot-scan barcode below the expiration date." That (along with the other bar codes) shows up perfectly clear, bright, bold, etc. And there is some gray mark inside/behind the "Save $2.00" part. So if this is what they were looking for this coupon should have passed muster, .

It was just very disappointing, as we really like shoprite. I'm going to have to talk to the manager and get clarification on their coupon policy for the future.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
... or maybe just get a new color ink cartridge and save a lot of trouble...
Thanks for all the replies
Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 PM

It's always sunny in Philadelphia lol

My Mood/Status:
phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpony View Post
Ok I just checked the coupon and I see what you mean, it says " Do not accept without a dot-scan barcode below the expiration date." That (along with the other bar codes) shows up perfectly clear, bright, bold, etc. And there is some gray mark inside/behind the "Save $2.00" part. So if this is what they were looking for this coupon should have passed muster, .

It was just very disappointing, as we really like shoprite. I'm going to have to talk to the manager and get clarification on their coupon policy for the future.

If you look at the expiration date box in good light.. you should see the dots.. Mine show up in pink ( the yellow on my printer does not work) They are hard to see straight up but if you hold it correctly by the light then you should see them.. Even in Gray scale they show for me..
Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ok, Cindyy told me to pull the color cartridge out, I did and printed another coupon and now I totally see the difference! . Thanks again for everyone's help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Qpony For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
the watermark comes up when I print in greyscale..very slight, but it's there. don't know how they make it, but even if it is visible some cashiers don't know about it and can refuse the coupons.