Reasons To Shop Shoprite After Wednesday...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
reasons to shop Shoprite after Wednesday...

I read often about members shopping at Shoprite on Sundays or early in the week.

I thought I would post a couple reasons why I like shopping after Wednesday, Thursday or even waiting til Saturday.

The 4 day sale... Quite a few times Ive skimmed the circular and saw an item on super good sale. I ran out to get it. Only to find it didnt ring at the super good sale price. I was too anxious to get the price I would forget it was a 4 day price break and only available at that price Wednesday thru Saturday.

My Jackson, NJ shoprite restocks on Wednesday evenings. Sometimes on thursdays. A stock person once told me the truck comes with delivery on Wednesday afternoons and that if they have time the store restocks that day and if not enough time they restock on Thursdays.

Usually by Wednesday or Thursday we have a member here in this forum post the Ad scan. This is heads up to whats on sale the following week. Sometimes a sale is even better that week then the current week. A few times Ive passed on GG veggies (or any brand) thats on sale because a different brand would be on a better sale or even free the next week. So I hold off for the better deal.

Same goes for catalinas. Sometimes something is on sale at a good price. but the ad scan will show that same item is at the same sale price but offering an OYNO cat too.

All week long, here in this forum members find new deals and sales. By going later in the week Im able to take advantage of them without having to make a 2rd, 3rd or even 4th trip. I find that usually by friday most the deals have been found by you wonderful deal finders...

I often shop on Saturday evenings between 9:30 and 11 because this is usually when the sale for both the current and the following week's are both in effect at the store I shop in most often.

What days do you girls and guys shop and why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:59 PM

RE: reasons to shop Shoprite after Wednesday...

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cassgurlie has posted more than 75 good deals!
I go on Sundays, because unfortunately I find that if I am going after something that is at a great price and don't go at the beginning of the week, it will be out of stock and not restocked for the rest of the week. Shoprite isn't exactly in my neighborhood, bout a 20 minute ride, and I don't get a chance to pop in multiple times during the week, so sunday it is.

As for the 4 day price break starting of wednesday, if there is something really good on sale, I'll have my husband stop in on his way home from work since he is in the area, because those sales too, if he don't get it wednesday (if he is off) by thursday night, there is none to be found.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassgurlie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 05:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!vannah8882 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I shop on Wednesday afternoon. This way I can take advantage of the 4day sale and hopefully there is still sale stock left. Also,I often take my mom and she gets the Senior Citizen discount on a Wednesday.
The Following User Says Thank You to vannah8882 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannah8882 View Post
I shop on Wednesday afternoon. This way I can take advantage of the 4day sale and hopefully there is still sale stock left. Also,I often take my mom and she gets the Senior Citizen discount on a Wednesday.
How does the senior discount work?
Off sale items too?
Off total order? before coupons? after coupons?

And how do we have to be to get it?

I might be coming up too quick to the age.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:53 PM

tacoesfeld has posted more than 25 good deals
Thanks for that great info! I have tried shopping on Sunday morning but have had better luck going on wed or thurs to take advantage of the price break sales and avoid the weekend crowds. Lots of other great reasons to wait that I never considered before!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tacoesfeld For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:02 PM

SAHMinNJ has posted more than 100 good deals!SAHMinNJ has posted more than 100 good deals!
I too like to wait till Wednesday or Thursday. Luckily I have 2 Shoprites that are within 10 min of my house so usually either store still has the sale items in stock by that point. If it is a really good sale with limits I will go several times since my Shoprite doesn't like you to have multiple orders on the belt. Though I have run all my stuff out to my car and run back in for the additional sale items. I also like to wait because after finding this forum I found that so many more deals would pop up later in the week as people shopped and found them and posted. I also love this forum because I always had to wait till Friday to get my ad scan and now here I can see it on Wednesday!! Which is so fantastic. It was so irritating to go and use my coupons only to find a better deal the following week. Now I feel more secure in that I am getting a great deal each week.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAHMinNJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM

seashell82 has posted more than 100 good deals!seashell82 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I'm taking your advice! I've always done my shopping on Sundays. Until recently it was early in the morning. But now we do the beach Sunday mornings and I grocery shop at night. Not only are they out of stock of many sale items by then but it's a mad house in there! That's what I get for living in a tourist area I guess! I'm going to try going on Thursday nights...
The Following User Says Thank You to seashell82 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 PM

midnamoondog has posted more than 10 good deals
That's a good idea. I have gone shopping later on Saturdays at CVS because they have both deals in effect. I like the idea of going to SR then too.
The Following User Says Thank You to midnamoondog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 PM

is crazy busy during her favorite time of year!

My Mood/Status:
lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I avoid Tuesdays at all costs because it is Sr Citizen discount day. With two active little boys, it's tough to be behind someone who picked up the wrong item and have to wait for the front end person to get someone to go back to get the right one for the customer. It's happened to me more than once.

I'm still trying to find the best day to go. I was going Thursday mornings but only because both boys were in K and pre-school and I could go by myself. But with summer, all bets are off.

I like all the points Weatie made and I guess I was taking advantage of them without realizing it when I was going on Thursdays because I ALWAYS check this forum before I make the trip to SR!

Thanks for putting your thoughts in print, Weatie!
The Following User Says Thank You to lastocks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnamoondog View Post
That's a good idea. I have gone shopping later on Saturdays at CVS because they have both deals in effect. I like the idea of going to SR then too.
I can tell ya that all SRs dont roll into the following week at the same time. have 3 within 20 miles of my home. I know one isnt doing it atleast after 10pm. I learned that by testing it.
And the one I usually always shop at is at about 9:30. The other I dont know about.

I suggest a test on an item thats on sale for the following week but not on sale that week. Thats how I tested it anyways.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM

vscarff has posted more than 25 good deals
I shop Thursdays because of the reasons weatie mentioned. My drive to the store is out of the way so it's a one shot deal for the week and I've noticed that the store restocks on Wednesday or Thursday. If I lived closer I'd probably do a Sunday scope and a Thursday buy.
The Following User Says Thank You to vscarff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 10:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Meggot0926 has posted more than 5 good deals
I shop Saturday night, late, usually from 9-11. I like to go after my son goes to bed so I can take my time. I like going at that time because there are usually less customers and The shelves are usually being restocked. There's usually no line at the deli and fresh packed meat in the meat section. I also make sure to get all if my rain checks. Usually the employees that work at that time are not so critical with my coupons, although my coupons never beep unless there's a problem(which I usually see that others are having the same problem). And usually there is no one behind me in line, so I don't feel bad taking up the cashiers time with all my coupons. I haven't come across the sales starting early at my Middletown, NJ store, but I wish it would!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Meggot0926 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Let's go shopping I need the exercise!!

My Mood/Status:
pookie111 has posted more than 300 great deals!pookie111 has posted more than 300 great deals!pookie111 has posted more than 300 great deals!pookie111 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I like shopping Wensday or Thursday so you get the 4 day sale and less people in store. I can't stand shopping in Shoprite on the weekends!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pookie111 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
Irishsaver has posted more than 200 great deals!Irishsaver has posted more than 200 great deals!Irishsaver has posted more than 200 great deals!
I usually shop on Saturday or stop in after the gym Wed thru Saturday if I need to use up more coupons. An odd time we go Sunday for necessaries... Now that I am not working I guess I can go anytime but Weatie brought up some good points thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irishsaver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
sarahnjess05 has posted more than 200 great deals!sarahnjess05 has posted more than 200 great deals!sarahnjess05 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I go Sunday for my main weeks shopping. Then I will pop in other Days to use the rest of my coupons for something. Or to get the 4 day sale or if I see a new deal posted. My Sr is about a mile from my house and it's on my way home from work so I'm in and out of there 1-4 times a week depending on what's on sale

25/1 sunny d, 55/1 barilla, Any Ronzoni , 40/1 wacky Mac, 75/1 Swiss tea,
Any Turkey hill (tea and ice cream), Any magnum ice cream
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnjess05 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 11:25 AM

josies21 has posted more than 200 great deals!josies21 has posted more than 200 great deals!josies21 has posted more than 200 great deals!
anyone ever try a monday night, I really like tuesday late night at my store my hubby says we really need the groceries tonight, I only get one trip as I travel about 35-40 mins to my store that doubles.
The Following User Says Thank You to josies21 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 AM

mccarm has posted more than 5 good deals
I usually do Saturday or Sunday morning - depending on which week's sale is better. I have had stock out issues on Saturday. I'm intrigued by the crossover hour(s) on Saturday nights.

Does anyone know when the SR in West Orange (open till 11pm on Saturday accd'g to the website) does their sale changeover?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarm View Post
I usually do Saturday or Sunday morning - depending on which week's sale is better. I have had stock out issues on Saturday. I'm intrigued by the crossover hour(s) on Saturday nights.

Does anyone know when the SR in West Orange (open till 11pm on Saturday accd'g to the website) does their sale changeover?
I dont. But I figured it out by going on saturday night and purchasing 1 or 2 items that would be on sale the next day. When they didnt ring at the sale price I had the cashier removed them from the order.

I did that on different weeks going a little later each time til I figured it out. And when I do shop on Saturday nights I watch to see what the items ring at to make sure its the sale price.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:56 PM

Not in the "Land of Jewel" anymore

My Mood/Status:
donericjim has posted more than 200 great deals!donericjim has posted more than 200 great deals!donericjim has posted more than 200 great deals!
I usually shop on Thursday's, that way I can compare the next weeks sale flyer for SR and Acme (unless I have coupons that will expire before I can compare prices).
The Following User Says Thank You to donericjim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 04:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
NBusc41144 has posted more than 10 good deals
For the most part I like to wait until Thurs or Fri since that's when the following week's flyer comes in my mail and I like to see if something will be better priced that week and also because of the 4-day price breaks. However, this week my shopping is already done. I've noticed that the can-can week sales don't deviate too much from week 1 and week 2 and frankly, I just wanted to get it out of the way early this week, LOL!
The Following User Says Thank You to NBusc41144 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
I couldnt wait to go this week.
I got all my ordered coupons today and have done 6 transactions.

I still have more shopping to do.
Its just a fun week with sales on good stuff we like.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 PM

SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Hi. Do you all mind me asking a question...I have never shopped at ShopRite and the stores in MD are some distance from me. What are your reasons for shopping at ShopRite? I see alot on AFC about the store...I assume they double, but to what amount? I don't need alot of info as I don't want to highjack the thread but was just curious. I may go this week on the days you suggested above. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthernBellSaver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Emmyb81002 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBellSaver
Hi. Do you all mind me asking a question...I have never shopped at ShopRite and the stores in MD are some distance from me. What are your reasons for shopping at ShopRite? I see alot on AFC about the store...I assume they double, but to what amount? I don't need alot of info as I don't want to highjack the thread but was just curious. I may go this week on the days you suggested above. Thanks.
Hi! I am also in MD. I liked SR before I started couponing because, in my opinion, they had the best sales and prices overall. Then, when I joined AFC I found this to be the best organized forum and they do have better deals than say, Safeway or Giant, which are the other two closest to me.

Where in MD are you?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmyb81002 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBellSaver View Post
Shoprite runs great sales.
You can see by viewing our FREE/CHEAP threads.
Here is a link to this week's Free / Cheap 07/10 - 07/16

Every week they have a sale or more that involves recieving OYNO catalinas. And they have alot that last weeks or even month long ones.

All Shoprites double coupons. But not all the same. Sme fully double any coupon thats face value is .99 or less. meaning a .75 coupon will double to $1.50 and a .99 coupon would double to $1.98.

Some only double to a max value of $1.00. So a .75 coupon would double to $1.00.

You can preview their ads online by going to One Place. Your Place. | ShopRite Supermarkets Find locate store and choose one close to you. Then find the link that says Circular.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Praise God!
I heart AFC!

My Mood/Status:
BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BridgetV has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I usually end up shopping on Wednesday or Thursday. For no other reason than I do my house cleaning earlier in the week and I like to plan things out to fall on certain days.
I avoid Sundays at Shoprite like the plague, unless I get there at, like, 7am. My Shoprite on Sunday is overly crowded on that day and I don't like having to fight my way down every aisle because people are crazy.
, mama of Sean
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BridgetV For This Useful Post: