How Do You Get A 100 Of The Same Coupon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
How do you get a 100 of the same coupon

After watching the two episodes last night, I still can't wrap my head around how these people can get over a 100 free vitamin waters. I understand the deal 10/$10, $.50 doubled. My question is how do you aquire 100 of those coupons without having 50 computers, or ordering 100 newspapers? The guy who donated all that stuff claimed to spend 0$ on all of that. I know there are places like ebay but the really hot deals seam to cost more then you actually save. I apologize if its a simple question, I am new and am just trying to understand how this allll works.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkooterMcGaven For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 AM

RE: How do you get a 100 of the same coupon

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
WOW.... Scooter McGavin? Musician from Toms River Area?

And about your question. Coupons are obtained in many ways. There are posts here on AFC which will give you the answers.
A good place to find that info is in threads posted HERE

Let me know if you are the Scooter McGavin I asked. please...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!SkooterMcGaven has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Haha no musician here, I coined the name from the Movie Happy Gilmore and my name is scott and a lot of people call me scooter. I know there are a ton of ways to get coupons but getting 100 of the same one without spending a lot of money to obtain them seems impossible.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 AM

It's the stuff that dreams are made of....

My Mood/Status:
noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!noellebrow has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
When considering purchasing extra coupons (from the usual sources) I factor in the cost of the coupon to decide whether it's still a good deal.

An example: Last year I purchased 20 coupons for Sargento that made the cheese free. I paid $2.00 including shipping. So, each coupon cost 10c and the item was free 0 + 10c= 10c. For me this was a great deal on cheese and totally worth the cost. In your example of vitamin water, I would be unlikely to purchase the Qs cause I don't really drink the stuff.

Hope that gives a personal perspective.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:34 AM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not impossible. Yes, Highly unlikely...
The least expensive way, other than dumpster diving or someone giving them to you, that I have found is to use service.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was wondering the same thing SkooterMcGaven!!! I was like 100 of the same coupon? Holy Cow!! I'm lucky if I have 4 of the same coupon!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM

Booking Newborn Photo shoots!

My Mood/Status:
QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can trade for multiple coupons, dumpster dive, buy them from a coupon clipping service, or from a clipper on ebay.

In search of Pampers Gifts to Grow codes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QBMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 07:17 AM

shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!shaposka has posted more than 100 good deals!
I'm in the AF and we have a base newspaper that comes out every Friday. So on Friday I'll go and get 2 or 3. I can flip through and see if there's any good coupons and good deals. So far I've only seen Smart Source in it, but hey it's free! So on Thursdays I'll go around to some of the drop off places and pick up the previous weeks leftovers. I could easily get 100 this way, and I don't feel guilty about it because the "restockers" are just going to throw them away. I also take the entire paper because our family is big on recycling and I'd rather take the rest of the paper to the recycling center than see it heading to the land fill. I know it doesn't help some people, but just wanted to share how I do it!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaposka For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 08:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Luvs2Shop has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Along the same lines, as I watch the show I am seeing many Free item coupons that have not been in any inserts or IPs. I know it's possible to obtain some free item qs from writing/calling the manufacturer, but not 10 or more! Where are the extreme couponers getting these qs from????
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvs2Shop For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
ctv123 has posted more than 50 good deals
I personally get more of the coupons from fam & friends, the local grocer will sometimes allow a few of us 'extreme' (haha) couponers snag the inserts mon mornings before returning for a refund to the paper, delivering papers, or knowing someone who does is also extremely helpful (often they get extra inserts), having multiple computers or again, fam & friends, where I can snag extra prints of IP coupons, Target store coupon will also allow extra prints from different admin accounts on your computer, so often I can snag 4 prints from just 1 of my computers by logging out and going under the other admin (guest) account (do this a couple of times and it quickly adds up!)..writing companies, calling, surveys, etc all generate some really awesome coupons as well...also, my family will often allow me to send things to their address as well, they keep what they will use as part of our agreement and then give me the rest, also, trading coupons with my friends and family will often score me some decent extra coupons...a stockpile of coupons don't just magically appear (generally, unless you are using a service or buying)...this particular 'extremer' probably had help from his church community, etc as well as I believe it is a church sponsored shelter his purchases went to. There have also been people who have said they are allowed to use their workplace as a resource as long as it's a small scale thing...the resources are out there, you just have to find them and put it into your own system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctv123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 AM

Happy Girl! :)

My Mood/Status:
angmbell has posted more than 75 good deals!
I just talked to my local (St Paul, MN) recycling center and they said that I could not come and get ads because its a safety issue!! I'm so upset! :'(
The Following User Says Thank You to angmbell For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I use a clipper service or ebay if I know there is a really good deal coming... only problem is if a good deal pops up in the middle of the week there is not enough time to get the coupons. In that case I try to get a raincheck but my shoprite sometimes won't give rainchecks. most of the time I just stick to IPs and one or 2 papers a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to hailove For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
mcelroys1993 has posted more than 25 good deals
Family, friends and lots of dumpster diving . I don't usually have a 100 of any one coupon but I did manage to accumulate that many for the purina pro dog treats.
The Following User Says Thank You to mcelroys1993 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 03:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
mfranklin30 has posted more than 100 good deals!mfranklin30 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I've heard that stores are starting to refuse multiple coupons because the mf's are not paying them. There is an article about it here- http://www.jillcataldo.com/gang_cut_coupons

I kind of like the show. It's fun to watch but unfortunately I do feel that it will hurt all couponers in the long run. In some case it already is!
DS Dalton-11
DS Elijah-6 DS Joseph-1

Last edited by mfranklin30; 05-19-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: trying to get the link to work
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mfranklin30 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 07:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfranklin30 View Post
I've heard that stores are starting to refuse multiple coupons because the mf's are not paying them. There is an article about it here- "Gang-Cut" coupons hurt stores, manufacturers and consumers | Jill Cataldo

I kind of like the show. It's fun to watch but unfortunately I do feel that it will hurt all couponers in the long run. In some case it already is!
interesting article. yes, it makes sense why some stores give a hard time over coupons, even without so many multiples, in general it sounds like a pain to get reimbursed for them. Not sure if cutting the coupons I get slightly different would make a difference. What about coupons that have dotted lines to cut around..surely some of them will be cut exactly alike from different people?

also, kind of scary how they track some couponers like they are a criminal!
The Following User Says Thank You to hailove For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jburlison has posted more than 150 good deals!Jburlison has posted more than 150 good deals!
No paper carriers get no extras... I used to deliver the paper (home delivery) and never have any extras sometimes I would actually have to call the paper co because they gave me to little I delivered papers to 200+ houses daily 5 years ago. The way the paper carriers are getting these "extra" coupons is by snagging them out of peoples papers. NOT COOL!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jburlison For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 AM

shenmom has posted more than 1 good deal
Even if you had 100 coupons...i thought most stores allow only 4 coupons for the same item. Do you then make 25 trips?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jburlison has posted more than 150 good deals!Jburlison has posted more than 150 good deals!
the shoppers on EC probably had prior permission from the store to use that many coupons. I know 1 of my 3 shop rites has givin me a hard time about using more then 4 like coupons. The first time it was told to me that they only double up to 4 like coupons, that makes sense, but to only take 4 like coupons doesn't to me. Lets say the little bottles of creamer are on sale and I have 10 $1/1 coupons that forces me to split my order in 3 adding additional check out time and aggravation for the cashier and me.

I don't buy my coupons on eBay or from a clipping service, I print my own ips with my 2 computers and buy my own newspapers and my family gives me their coupons.

In the case of 100 coupons, I guess you would make 25 trips, it's too much of a hassle for me. I recently got 25 $5 coupons from stop and shop from buying cards, they are limit 1 per order, so I'm at the end of my $5's 25 trips over 2 weeks is a PAIN in the butt, (worth every second of my time, but still) I can't even count up how much I have saved over the past month at stop and shop, should have saved my receipts, .

I also feel weird when the order totals $0.00 so 25 transactions of $0.00 would freak me out.