Easter/Passover Holiday Dinner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Easter/Passover Holiday Dinner

FREE Ham, Turkey, Turkey Breast, Kosher Roasting Chicken, Lasagna, or Tofurky. Itís Your Choice ... Spend $300.00 from Sunday,March 13th thru Saturday, April 23rd to qualify.

I have not seen anyone mention that the DD bucks we are spending this week and the upcoming weeks IS being applied towards the purchase requirement.

I was not sure they were going to allow this but I noticed at the bottom of this week's receipt the full amount was applied.

I'm kind of new to this but I did see that "Milk" is one of the things that you will not receive any credit for. Personally, I think that's odd.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to theselenaverse For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 PM

RE: Easter/Passover Holiday Dinner

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I think there are some rules against promotions and dairy in most states...wierd to me too though!

I still have 2 turkeys in my freezer from last time! Guess I'll have to eat them soon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sblme28 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!theselenaverse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblme28 View Post
I think there are some rules against promotions and dairy in most states...wierd to me too though!

I still have 2 turkeys in my freezer from last time! Guess I'll have to eat them soon!
Really? That's just odd. LOL

Oh, yeah, you might want to get on that! LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theselenaverse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 01:26 PM

Am I eligible for Stop & Shop-Rite employee...

My Mood/Status:
stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!stone1061 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I noticed I am at $202 already and haven't spent more than $4 at Shoprite this week in cash. LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Woo Woo Woo, You Know it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stone1061 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
divinemsn has posted more than 400 great deals!divinemsn has posted more than 400 great deals!divinemsn has posted more than 400 great deals!divinemsn has posted more than 400 great deals!divinemsn has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone1061 View Post
I noticed I am at $202 already and haven't spent more than $4 at Shoprite this week in cash. LOL.
That's awesome! LOL! I have $85 bucks towards mine. We better start eating thru our freezer if we're going to make room for a ham.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to divinemsn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 07:59 PM

sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sblme28 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have about $188 towards it so far and only spent about $20 in cash this week!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sblme28 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 PM

is crazy busy during her favorite time of year!

My Mood/Status:
lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone1061 View Post
WoW! I spent $67 OOP and saved $160 (according to the bottom of the receipt) and I thought I did great. LOL Silly me, I'm just an amateur!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lastocks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Taking Half Off

My Mood/Status:
lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My ham ($18 value!) is in the oven. It's smelled like bacon in this house for 2 hours and it's driving me mad with hunger!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianneSNJ View Post
My ham ($18 value!) is in the oven. It's smelled like bacon in this house for 2 hours and it's driving me mad with hunger!
I hope that it was as good or better than it smelled!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM

ashley9078 has posted more than 75 good deals!
same her I have spent $10 at SR for the last two weeks and my holiday promotions value is already at $195. no problems getting the ham this year! maybe even two if i start using my husbands card when i reach the $300 on mine!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ashley9078 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Taking Half Off

My Mood/Status:
lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lianneSNJ has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theselenaverse View Post
I hope that it was as good or better than it smelled!
Thanks. After all that anticipation and smelling the ham it was a letdown, yesterday. I think just smelling it took the yum out of it! Today, it tastes yummy!

Since there's just two of use at home I imagine it will taste good at breakfast and dinner for a few days!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:08 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianneSNJ View Post
Thanks. After all that anticipation and smelling the ham it was a letdown, yesterday. I think just smelling it took the yum out of it! Today, it tastes yummy!

Since there's just two of use at home I imagine it will taste good at breakfast and dinner for a few days!
Ugh, I hate when that happens. Sorry! That happened to us with that $9.99 Ham Dinner. The sides were not so good and the ham was dry but we ate it for days because we're just 2 here and my bf's son twice a week and every other weekend.

My bf posted the following somewhere else...

Looks like we're gonna be eatin' a lot of ham , ham-kabobs, ham creole, ham gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple ham, lemon ham, coconut ham, pepper ham, ham soup, ham stew, ham salad, ham and potatoes, ham burger, ham sandwich. That- that's about it.

So I started to call him Bubba....
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!
This is too funny.

But I can completely relate. I'm the only one in my house who will eat ham at all. Yep. Just me......
And one ten pound ham.

I cooked mine and when I took it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes I found that the hours long smell made me so anxious to eat it that I was standing there in front of the stove with a fork and a steak knife.
But since I'm the only one who eats it anyway......

I was eating it for days.-minus the
yummy glazed outside of course because that was my project on the night I cooked it. Haha

But it sure was yummy. Especially with that glaze.
I'm done with my ham-eating quota for the year....but I did get a rain check too...

P.s. I tossed the side dishes. Completely gross. They would have been just Yuck on flavor alone but they hadn't keep well and the texture when cooked or defrosted was just horrible. The corn was downright gritty. The mashed potatoes were like chalk with juices running.... u get the point. Inedible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tatr77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatr77 View Post
This is too funny.

But I can completely relate. I'm the only one in my house who will eat ham at all. Yep. Just me......
And one ten pound ham.

I cooked mine and when I took it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes I found that the hours long smell made me so anxious to eat it that I was standing there in front of the stove with a fork and a steak knife.
But since I'm the only one who eats it anyway......

I was eating it for days.-minus the
yummy glazed outside of course because that was my project on the night I cooked it. Haha

But it sure was yummy. Especially with that glaze.
I'm done with my ham-eating quota for the year....but I did get a rain check too...

P.s. I tossed the side dishes. Completely gross. They would have been just Yuck on flavor alone but they hadn't keep well and the texture when cooked or defrosted was just horrible. The corn was downright gritty. The mashed potatoes were like chalk with juices running.... u get the point. Inedible.
Thanks! Yeah the sides were just nasty! LOL@Rain check. They didn't give them out at our store. Something about them receiving an email saying that they couldn't. It was fine with us though. We weren't that impressed with the entire meal.

However, we will be having Ham for Easter though! I haven't reached the $300 mark yet I have like $50 to go so we should be fine.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
$169 towards it here. I should of used my DD on one card... doah! I was using them with the cards that earned them.

prices going towards it are before coupons? maybe if there alot of free and cheap I'll be able to make enough towards it.

and that is weird milk doesn't count towards it... guess my free milk cat is out...is it just milk or all dairy (yogurt, cheese?) how about soy milk and other non dairy type milks?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hailove For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailove View Post
$169 towards it here. I should of used my DD on one card... doah! I was using them with the cards that earned them.

prices going towards it are before coupons? maybe if there alot of free and cheap I'll be able to make enough towards it.

and that is weird milk doesn't count towards it... guess my free milk cat is out...is it just milk or all dairy (yogurt, cheese?) how about soy milk and other non dairy type milks?
I had my DD's split between 2 cards, mine and my b/f's. His total is about $150 and mine is $250. We use my card most of the time and had I known that the DDs could be used with any card I would have just used mine. So, I'm in the same situation as you. LOL

Qualifying purchases are calculated BEFORE taxes, bottle deposits, and the face value of manufacturer coupons and AFTER ShopRite store coupons, ShopRite Price Plus club deductions and any doubled or tripled value of manufacturer coupons.

Yeah, the milk thing is so odd to me. LOL This is from the Shoprite Site:

Program excludes prescription medications, gift certificates, gift cards, postage stamp sales, money orders, money transfers, lottery tickets, bus ticket sales, fuel and Metro passes, as well as milk, cigarettes, tobacco products and alcoholic beverages or any other items prohibited by law.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 PM

Shopping for Bargains!

My Mood/Status:
scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I reached mine today. I am not even sure how, but I did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scamelo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamelo View Post
I reached mine today. I am not even sure how, but I did.
LOL Good for you! Hey, who cares how you did it...it's free (sorta kinda)
Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!
i got my free turkey last night. Someone from the butcher dept told me i could get a large on so I grabbed a 25 pounder. He said it was linked to the reward.

it was marked at $24.23
When i got to the register it only took off $19.04
told them i would rather get the smaller one for free since it only took off the amount up to a certain poundage.
so needless to say i made a mess on the pos.
it refunded the $24.23 but left the credit for $19.04 on there. and the new turkey was $15.20 so it made me like $4
FEM was aware.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatr77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LOL nice
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 AM

is getting better at this!
Baby #2 is here :)

My Mood/Status:
crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!crissy148 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailove View Post
This is a state by state regulation- from what i understand certain states help regulate the price of milk (keeping it lower then elsewhere) so no Qs or promotions on the milk. HTH!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crissy148 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Is it Sunday yet???

My Mood/Status:
thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just finished my last SR DD Cat and I now have 3 yes 3 hams to redeem!!! I probably spent total on 5 cards maybe $40.....and SR 'thinks' I have spent about $1400!!!

If u found my post helpful plz press the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to thatcrazywhitegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 AM

newclipper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!newclipper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!newclipper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!newclipper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!newclipper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!newclipper has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatr77 View Post
i got my free turkey last night. Someone from the butcher dept told me i could get a large on so I grabbed a 25 pounder. He said it was linked to the reward.

it was marked at $24.23
When i got to the register it only took off $19.04
told them i would rather get the smaller one for free since it only took off the amount up to a certain poundage.
so needless to say i made a mess on the pos.
it refunded the $24.23 but left the credit for $19.04 on there. and the new turkey was $15.20 so it made me like $4
FEM was aware.
they should have just given you the large turkey. there are no limits in the ad, it just says average lb. i had a go around w/ the cs desk regarding this because the same thing happened & they had no turkeys in the average range. they just gave in and gave me the turkey, they didn't even ring me up, just said take it. i wonder if i still have a credit & can get another one! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to newclipper For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 03:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
i didnt know this, but didnt feel like fighting. my 3yo and 1yo were being a handful and i wanted to just finish and go.
they could have given me a 5lb turkey at that point i wanted to leave so bad.
eek - i know

but all in all, i am happy i got the credit anyway. if i had just grabbed the smaller one to begin with i wouldnt have gotten full value so it worked out for me to not lose the difference of the credit.

plus i hesitate to mess with the transactions anymore because with that one once the POS used up the credit for the turkey it was not able to return that credit to my PP card. meaning i would lose my free turkey offer.

but i wonder if they would have left the full credit on there had i not grabbed a smaller turkey at all and i would have made $19

i always seem to make a mess somehow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tatr77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
sams3girls has posted more than 300 great deals!sams3girls has posted more than 300 great deals!sams3girls has posted more than 300 great deals!sams3girls has posted more than 300 great deals!
Well I think they go towards after tonight trip I was suppost to get mine but the casher did my card so kwick she scaned my superfresh card so it went to a new acct and I spent 29.00 after coupons it said 59.00 towards hoilday 5.00 of it was rewards so I think it does .The custmer service was closed so see them in Am to see if my points can go on my card not superfresh the one that was next to shoprite crazy
The Following User Says Thank You to sams3girls For This Useful Post: