Hey All You Newbies....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 06:16 AM

RE: Hey All You Newbies....

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Emor has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrdes

one coupon per item is just that if you buy 1 of x you can use 1 coupon. If you buy 2 of x then you can use 2 coupons.

One Coupon per purchase- same thin as one coupon per item.

One coupon per transaction means one coupon per shopping order.

One Coupon per customer means that you can only use 1 per shopping trip.

Hope this helps!
Thank you,
I'm just assuming you all have multiple coupons and are using them on one item. Trying to figure out the lingo. My husband is thinking what the heck is she doing now...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emor For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 AM

April2441 has posted more than 1 good deal
Scissors Newbie

Just getting started. Wish to save save save. Single so trying to save on my purchases.
I enjoyed your posting. Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to April2441 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM

busy busy busy
eek!

My Mood/Status:
cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Welcome to AFC April
The Following User Says Thank You to cvrdes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Is it Sunday yet???

My Mood/Status:
thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!thatcrazywhitegirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Welcome!

If u found my post helpful plz press the thanks button
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thatcrazywhitegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 06:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!matica has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
The woman in c/s at my Pathmark just told me theres a Shop Rite opening approx August a reasonable distance from my house. I am so excited. I've been wanting to shop at SR but theres not one near me. WooHoo can't wait. Now I have to start reading all the Shop Rite threads to learn. Thanks for all the tips.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 AM

Persistently Optimistic!

My Mood/Status:
happymama22 has posted more than 200 great deals!happymama22 has posted more than 200 great deals!happymama22 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have a question for all the SR pros....
In the Extreme Couponing episode the lady from PA shops @ Shoprite and gives the cashier all her coupons and once they were all scanned then gives her the Price Plus card.

Is that the way to get the best discounts? Does it matter if I give them the card before they begin ringing stuff or not??
The Following User Says Thank You to happymama22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 03:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!
im no pro, but in my experience it has been ymmv.
the high value qs will come off properly Before the price plus discount is applied.
however each store seems to vary on whether or not the lower value qs will double without the price plus card.

the only time it has benefitted me is when a sale item has a q for higher value.

example.
excedrin reg 2.49
price plus sale price 1.74

coupon $2.00 off 1

item scans for 2.49, coupon scans for 2.00 and doesnt adjust down, price plus card takes discount off in that order. = .26 overage
be sure to not have a final negative balance. buy something to apply the overage to.

however if you have coupons that need to double on that same order it can become a mess as they may not double until you scan your card depending on your store. if you hand them in first and then scan the price plus card they may have problems doubling properly.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
thewhalenthedog has posted more than 10 good deals
I was confused by this recently.. I sent my mom with a do not double coupon .. and she came back and told me they doubled it! I got it now though.. Thanks for clearing up a question I hadn't thought to ask yet!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:12 AM

kdisney has posted more than 5 good deals
I'm very new at this and very excited

I decided to try this and researched a bit a couple of weeks back. I managed to get : Minute Maid OJ, Purex, 2 Boxes Pasta, 2 Classico Sauces, Cheeze Doodles, Raisin Bran, and two other items which I can't remember now - for $8.11 !!!! I was sooooooo psyched!

Didn't do quite that well this week because I picked up the wrong size Herr's But it was still a pretty good deal.

Anyway, my question is this -

Is there a limit on the number of like items/like coupons? This week I used four of the Best Life margarine coupons on four margarines and the cashier didn't bat an eyelash ... For some reason I thought four was the limit. But I noticed on Extreme Couponing they are using like a hundred of the same one Does ShopRite have a limit? Like if you bought coupons from ebay have 10 or 20 coupons for something that is ending up really cheap or free can you do that????

Thanks so much for any help - I am thrilled to have found this forum!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM

heidi1492 has posted more than 10 good deals
Just signed up, hanks so much for the heads up
Old 04-13-2011, 06:58 PM

I love coupon trains
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdisney View Post
Is there a limit on the number of like items/like coupons? This week I used four of the Best Life margarine coupons on four margarines and the cashier didn't bat an eyelash ... For some reason I thought four was the limit. But I noticed on Extreme Couponing they are using like a hundred of the same one Does ShopRite have a limit? Like if you bought coupons from ebay have 10 or 20 coupons for something that is ending up really cheap or free can you do that????
ShopRite has limits -- check the ad and check at your store (the stores can have their own policies). Often the sale price will only apply to 4 of the same item (so if juices are on sale, you can usually get 4 of a particular flavor AND 4 of a different flavor, and 4 more of yet a different flavor, etc, etc). Most stores have a policy to only double 4 of the same coupon. But I have found that a lot of cashiers interpret that you can only USE 4 of the same coupon (regardless of doubling) and no amount of talking will change that cashier's mind, so I usually just keep it to 4 of the same coupon in an order.

Note: sometimes the sales are "must buy 2" or "must buy 5", really crazy limits. So it's always something to watch at ShopRite.

HTH!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Both are Gluten Free boys. I'm GF, too!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mookie2004 has posted more than 50 good deals
thanks

I love all of the advice. I learned (the hard way) about watching that all of your coupons get used. I had a $3 from the Dollar Days deal that didn't get registered. Crumbling the coupons is a good idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mookie2004 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 12:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
lisamf1972 has posted more than 1 good deal
My shoprite, that has only been open about 5 months, has just started limiting the SCO to 25 items or less, this made me very angry because I like doing it myself!! The attendant at the lanes could tell I was mad, she sees me there all the time checking myself out.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
phatash_25
Hey,
Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM

thomamon has posted more than 10 good deals
OMG, love this site! YAY!
The Following User Says Thank You to thomamon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 PM

Rebit21186 has posted more than 50 good deals
I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to complain a bit about my shoprite trip today. I am usually very easy going and don't complain but today I had both a limit issue and a coupon issue. I had 4 coupons for the chinet plates so I bought 4 and handed over all 4 coupons in my large stack. I realized when I got home only 3 were scanned. The cashier was new and needed a lot of help so not really anyones fault but stinky lost $1.10. Then the other issue was with the resolve. I tried to buy 4 of the regular and 3 of the lemon. The cashier called a key over because no coupon for any would scan. She tried to tell me bc there was shout in the resolve that it didn't qualify and also I could only buy 4 all together didn't matter the different ones. I gave up on trying to get more than 4 even tho they were different but I didnt back down on the coupons because they clearly stated on any resolve product. I did win that battle. Ok just thought I would share my frustration
Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM

Come and ride the train :)

Location: New York City - The Place That Never Sleeps and The Prices are HIGH!
My Mood/Status:
Swinson1027 has posted more than 5 good deals
Thanks so much for this information. I'm new to this and that was very insightful
The Following User Says Thank You to Swinson1027 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 07:11 AM

coastiewife915 has posted more than 5 good deals
Thank you to everyone for all of your helpful couponing knowledge. I am new to using coupons and I shop at SR often and was never aware they doubled coupons and such.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coastiewife915 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 AM

Sally3 has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emor View Post
Thank You all for the great tips. I have a couple of questions.... When buying an item if it says one coupon per item then you cant stack MQ right? so are you all buying multiple items each with one coupon? Also can you recommend a coupon buying or clipping site for me to get started. Thanks and looking forward to getting some good deals!
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie and I too would like to know of any suggestions or recommendations for coupon clipping sites.

Thank you everyone
Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 AM

brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!brouhaha has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally3 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie and I too would like to know of any suggestions or recommendations for coupon clipping sites.

Thank you everyone
Click on the Coupons menu here in afullcup.com and at the bottom of it you will find a list of several clipping services. Some also purchase on eBay. I haven't used either method, so I can't offer an opinion. I just get a few extra papers when the deals are very very good. Welcome aboard!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM

mint211 has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi!!

Your posts are really helpful!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I stated this recently and the biggest problem I have is to find a good newspaper to get the coupons. I lie in NJ and I bought a newspaper recently and there were no coupons there. Does anyone know a good one I can buy??? Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mint211 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 PM

Can't wait for summer!

My Mood/Status:
ytelmar has posted more than 100 good deals!ytelmar has posted more than 100 good deals!
Great, I learned the hard way about the coupon policy. Last week my coupons didnt double because I did not give her my store card at the begining of the transaction. I ended up paying more than I had planned for. The CS manager said I could not double anything before my savings card was scanned. Bummmer. I could of saved $12 extra dollars that trip. Please pass it on.....at the start of your trip give them your card.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 PM

Can't wait for summer!

My Mood/Status:
ytelmar has posted more than 100 good deals!ytelmar has posted more than 100 good deals!
Fyi Knowledge is power. Never stop learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytelmar View Post
Great, I learned the hard way about the coupon policy. Last week my coupons didnt double because I did not give her my store card at the begining of the transaction. I ended up paying more than I had planned for. The CS manager said I could not double anything before my savings card was scanned. Bummmer. I could of saved $12 extra dollars that trip. Please pass it on.....at the start of your trip give them your card.
Knowledge is power. Never stop learning.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 PM

savings_baby has posted more than 5 good deals
Wow! thanks for your patience in writing this information down. its a lot to take in at once but I am sure with time, I willl get used to it.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 PM

savings_baby has posted more than 5 good deals
Hi Brouhaha, how do you redeem the 2bucks from the rewards program. I signed up yesterday and was told I should get it in 2 days.