ShopRite Info- Ads, Locations, Coupon Policy, Etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:29 PM

RE: ShopRite Info- Ads, Locations, Coupon Policy, etc

:)
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenselover View Post
I'm in New Jersey also, and my Shoprites double .75 to $1.50. The one in Wharton, and the one in Dover are owned by the same people, I think, and they TAKE EXPIRED COUPONS UP TO SIX MONTHS OLD! I've even gone to the service desk to make sure that was their policy and it is.

They are the only two I've found that take expired coupons.
Thanks for the tip! I'm too far, but if I'm ever in the area I'll have to keep that in mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
StephanieS77 has posted more than 150 good deals!StephanieS77 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Hi All, another coupon question here. I got the new "Live Right" magazine at SR yesterday and there is a coupon for $2 off Huggies diapers in it. The coupon does not say that it is a manufacture's coupon. Can I stack this on top of a manufacture's coupon? That would be a really sweet deal if I could! TIA!

~Mom to DS since 11.19.08~
The Following User Says Thank You to StephanieS77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 AM

AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieS77 View Post
Hi All, another coupon question here. I got the new "Live Right" magazine at SR yesterday and there is a coupon for $2 off Huggies diapers in it. The coupon does not say that it is a manufacture's coupon. Can I stack this on top of a manufacture's coupon? That would be a really sweet deal if I could! TIA!
Yes this is a store Q which can be combined w/ a manu Q. HTH's. Also

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaime For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
StephanieS77 has posted more than 150 good deals!StephanieS77 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Whoo Hoo! That's great! I'll have to go back and grab a couple more of those magazines. Thank you very much for the info and the warm welcome!

~Mom to DS since 11.19.08~
The Following User Says Thank You to StephanieS77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 AM

AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Glad to help! Hopefully your store has more mag's left, mine has been out for a few days.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 AM

looking for deals in haystacks

My Mood/Status:
fantayja has posted more than 100 good deals!fantayja has posted more than 100 good deals!
I was at the Brooklyn, NY Shop Rite last night. They unfortunately do NOT double coupons. When I asked the CS rep looked at me like I had four heads. I had a painless check out experience with the exception of my true lemon coupons which weren't allowed because they didnt have an exp date. They took my IP's & let me use multiples. The actual cashiers were friendly and efficient. I had a nice chat with two at the checkout about the upcoming storm.
The Following User Says Thank You to fantayja For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 AM

busy busy busy
eek!

My Mood/Status:
cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
For those of you that have been having coupon issues~ Here is the "official" corporate policy. It Does give managers discretion to limit items and Q's though so I don't know if it will help some of you.

CouponPolicy.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvrdes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Awesome

Nishin has posted more than 10 good deals
My ShopRite is also getting picky with coupons that, in the fine-print, say, "Limit one [coupon] per CUSTOMER/FAMILY" versus "Limit one per purchase."

If your ShopRite gets picky about it and you have no clue what they're talking about, "one per purchase" simply means you can use one coupon (usually up to four per order) for every amount specified on the coupon you get. For example, if a coupon is for two items, you can use two coupons if you buy four of those same items.

"One per customer/family" means just that. No matter how much you buy, we can only take ONE coupon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nishin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 08:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
gwenie has posted more than 100 good deals!gwenie has posted more than 100 good deals!
can some help me pls. does 4 like coupons means i can use a different coupon item then still get the coupon double or only the 1st 4 will double....little confuse here .....thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to gwenie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 08:52 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenie View Post
can some help me pls. does 4 like coupons means i can use a different coupon item then still get the coupon double or only the 1st 4 will double....little confuse here .....thanks
Its different at different stores.
My SR in Jackson, NJ accepts 4 like coupons all will double.

The Following User Says Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
gwenie has posted more than 100 good deals!gwenie has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatie View Post
Its different at different stores.
My SR in Jackson, NJ accepts 4 like coupons all will double.
so u mean to say that iffor example i use 4 coupons for colgate.75 and 4 coupons for aquafresh for .75 all 8 will double..... thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to gwenie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Colgate coupons are most always DO NOT DOUBLE coupons.

If you had 4 green giant coupons for .50 off 1 all 4 would double to take $1 off each Green giant item

If you have 4 Pie filling coupons for .75/1 all 4 will double to $1.50 off each of the 4 pie fillings you buy.

If you have 6 cans of friskies and coupons for .25/1 then 4 will double to .50/1 and the cashier will not allow you to use the other 2 coupons on that transaction. Because only 4 like coupons allowed per transaction.

An example of that is: Today I bought 8 packs of Angle Soft Toilet paper. I had to ring them up 4 in my 1st trans and 4 in my second.

This is at the Shoprite I shop at in jackson, NJ. Your Shoprite might be different. Call them or drop them an email. You might be able to look up the email address on shoprite.com.

I hope I explained that ok

If you have 4 $1/1 coupons for Tolet paper none will double because my SR doubles any coupon with a face value of .99 or less.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I shop at the Shoprite in Oakland NJ, - up north. They double up to .99.
I am a newbie so i am not sure of the rest of the polcy just yet but i will look into it for sure.

However, I saw someone post that the Lincoln park NJ Shoprite triples up to .50 and doubles from .51 to .99.
I called.
they allow four like coupons per order, and 20 coupons total per order.
I definitely want to check them out because matching some coupons with sale items this week will yield some free stuff.
I dont mind making the extra orders so the 20 coupon limit isnt an issue for me

My question is this.
How do stores handle overages when its in range to be doubled or tripled.
for example. i have a .50 off one coupon and the product is on sale for .99
when it doubles i will have a penny in overage.- no problem
will it still automatically triple, or will the system prevent this??

i recently encountered my first overage at my local store on a non doubling coupon(high value) and it was pretty much dont ask dont tell
if you dont have a negative balance at the end of the order, the cashier doesnt pay it any mind and the overage goes thru.

just curious how it works with the doubling and tripling.
The Following User Says Thank You to tatr77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 11:28 PM

marketmom has posted more than 200 great deals!marketmom has posted more than 200 great deals!marketmom has posted more than 200 great deals!
hmmm .... I had a coupon last week that expired the day before and they would not take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdao View Post
thanx i called shoprite in nj and they said they accept manufacturer expired coupon, only manufacturer expired coupon. check yr shoprt again
The Following User Says Thank You to marketmom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM

busy busy busy
eek!

My Mood/Status:
cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cvrdes has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketmom View Post
hmmm .... I had a coupon last week that expired the day before and they would not take it.
Tis is a YMMV situation, as the "corporate" policy is no expired. Cool if yours does though.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Analiz76 has posted more than 25 good deals
Coupon Policy

Today i bought 3 boxes of Kellogg's cereal a pack of bananas & a pack of grapes. I used a q for $1/2 Kellogg's cereals along with another that read "Save $1 on Fresh Fruit when you purchase two packages of participating Cereals" the cashier & supervisor insisted I had to get another box of cereal because the 1st coupon I used is for the 1st two boxes so the 2nd one could not be combined.
This q is for fruit not cereal & I've never had this problem before. Has anyone else? Where exactly does it specify this?
Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
thewhalenthedog has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analiz76 View Post
Today i bought 3 boxes of Kellogg's cereal a pack of bananas & a pack of grapes. I used a q for $1/2 Kellogg's cereals along with another that read "Save $1 on Fresh Fruit when you purchase two packages of participating Cereals" the cashier & supervisor insisted I had to get another box of cereal because the 1st coupon I used is for the 1st two boxes so the 2nd one could not be combined.
This q is for fruit not cereal & I've never had this problem before. Has anyone else? Where exactly does it specify this?
I didn't have this exact problem, but I've had a very similar one.. I found a peelie on a pack of perdue chicken. The peelie stated "save 1.50 now on chicken when you buy any one (1) package of new Philadelphia Cooking Creme".. ok So I got the pack of chicken, Philadelphia Cooking Creme, the peelie, and a coupon for the creme that states "Save 1.50 when you buy (1) package of Philadelphia Cooking Creme". They wouldn't accept both coupons because they stated that both were for the cooking creme! I got absolutely no where with the cashier or the front end supervisor.. after about 10 minutes of us re-reading the two q's to each other, I gave up... what do you guys think?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:16 PM

AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhalenthedog View Post
I didn't have this exact problem, but I've had a very similar one.. I found a peelie on a pack of perdue chicken. The peelie stated "save 1.50 now on chicken when you buy any one (1) package of new Philadelphia Cooking Creme".. ok So I got the pack of chicken, Philadelphia Cooking Creme, the peelie, and a coupon for the creme that states "Save 1.50 when you buy (1) package of Philadelphia Cooking Creme". They wouldn't accept both coupons because they stated that both were for the cooking creme! I got absolutely no where with the cashier or the front end supervisor.. after about 10 minutes of us re-reading the two q's to each other, I gave up... what do you guys think?
I've never had luck using them both like you're suggesting. My store doesn't allow it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaime For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 07:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
thewhalenthedog has posted more than 10 good deals
Ok, at least we're not alone .. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to thewhalenthedog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hi guys,

Quick coupon policy question, does anyone's Shoprite enforce this coupon restriction?

"6. We reserve the right to limit coupon redemptions to four (4) of the same coupon per household per day."

Usually I split up my transactions into 2 separate if I have more than 4 like coupons, but I am wondering if that is a no-no too since the rule says per household per day.

It seems to be that this particular restriction is up to the store and not a firm rule. Just curious what everyone else's take is. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
doors43 has posted more than 100 good deals!doors43 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I keep seeing on these forums that a DO NOT DOUBLE coupon should still double (esp if it starts with the 5 on the bar code). Now, I've never had a Shoprite (or a Pathmark for that matter) double a DND coupon, yet it works at these other stores on these and other forums, so does anyone's Shoprite double a DND mfg coupon?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!leenburke has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doors43 View Post
I keep seeing on these forums that a DO NOT DOUBLE coupon should still double (esp if it starts with the 5 on the bar code). Now, I've never had a Shoprite (or a Pathmark for that matter) double a DND coupon, yet it works at these other stores on these and other forums, so does anyone's Shoprite double a DND mfg coupon?
My Shoprite doubles the DND-5 coupons, but I am not sure if that is their policy, or if I just haven't had a cashier that makes sure it does not double.
The Following User Says Thank You to leenburke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!tatr77 has posted more than 300 great deals!
In my experience the point of sale software does not pick up on the dnd unless its dnd 9
To enforce the dnd on a dnd5 the cashier has to hit the dreaded do not double key before scanning the q..
I shop north jersey shoprites
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tatr77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
doors43 has posted more than 100 good deals!doors43 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Well, now I'll have to see next time I go if I use any DND to find out if they do or not. I've seen them not double on the receipt, but never noticed if they had the 5 on them or not. Going to try in Succasunna this week and see what happens. Which North Jersey shoprites work for you tatr77?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
Oakland, passaic, lincoln park, wayne, ramsey, fair lawn, paramus, rochelle park...........

Lincoln park triples up to .50 but they are stricter. No more than 4 of any same q(even non doubling), no more than 20 total and they scrutinize more.
And no seperate transactions.

Others are more lenient ime.

Last edited by tatr77; 04-27-2011 at 04:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tatr77 For This Useful Post: