What's Going On With Shaws Pricing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
What's going on with Shaws pricing?

I realize that the new owner is working to make Shaws/Star Market competitive with Hannaford's, Stop N Shop and Market Basket.

Pasta has been adjusted to .88 but Equaline razors went from $3.99 to $5.99 a package.

What's going on with this new pricing scheme?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 PM

RE: What's going on with Shaws pricing?

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think shaws has been cheaper ever, than the other stores you mentioned above, at least my town. Especially H&B has always been more expensive, their bogo laundry soap deals are ridiculous, but ppl fall for them, who pays $7.99 or $8.99 for Purex 32 loads or Arm & Hammer 32 loads for one, even w/ bogo it makes it not worth it. I have noticed more tearpad q's being put out recently (which before never happened), but after years of shopping there I know the prices pretty well. Around here, Hannafords is just as expensive as shaws. Shopping at Stop n shop and MB is better w/ coupons, plus they carry alot more brands and selection, stop n shop has great clearance deals and reduced produce & cat deals, which makes it nice w/ gas deals too. I will strategically shop at Shaws w/ their store q's and mf q's, but I do not do my main majority household shopping there. Your better off hitting deals for razors at CVS or target via stacking, or getting the ones that were free via walmart or target recently (bic). I did notice a lovely change at shaws though, reduced fresh produce, and a much bigger reduced frozen section. I got sooo mad the other day, they wanted $10 for the bogo meatballs, it is insane, wacko. Shaws is always more expensive on meats, so I don't even bother looking at all, at least at Hannafords they have reduced meat or manager markdowns that you can get a decent deal. I am hoping the new owners of shaws will change things for the better, my shaws seems slow to get the newer products in too, but they have a ginormous organic/naturals section which takes up alot of space but is hugely hugely pricey and I don't see alot of ppl buying the stuff ever, so I assume they are taking a huge loss w/ that, of course the Shaws I am at is old school and not huge at all, I don't know how they are going to compete soon w/ a newer Market Basket opening in Hudson MA soon. The $3.99 Everyday Essentials papertowels and toilet paper were a nice deal last week. If they keep putting those deals out it might be nice, I like their Everyday Essentials line and I love when the register spits those q's out, b/c they are good products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 PM

RE: What's going on with Shaws pricing?

My Mood/Status:
jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jswede1149 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnimae View Post
Shopping at Stop n shop and MB is better w/ coupons, plus they carry alot more brands and selection, stop n shop has great clearance deals and reduced produce & cat deals, which makes it nice w/ gas deals too. I will strategically shop at Shaws w/ their store q's and mf q's, but I do not do my main majority household shopping there. Your better off hitting deals for razors at CVS or target via stacking, or getting the ones that were free via walmart or target recently (bic).
I tend to go to Stop N Shop but I live across the street from Shaws. My shopping habits at Shaws have drastically changed. I am only there for clearance or really cheap items. I've stocked up there lately between the $.25 bags of bagels, free peanut butter, super cheap passover items, etc. The rest of my shopping is fractionally at Target and mostly at Stop N Shop.

I've gotten 13 free bags of Bic razors, $.03 bags of Halls, free colgate toothpaste, free cans of Edge shave gel, free Neutrogena products, $.39 packs of soap all with coupons and sales at Shaws. I do not go to the drug stores nor do I find this kind of clearance at Stop N Shop. The Bic razors were $.35 after coupon at Target.

Last edited by jswede1149; 04-13-2013 at 08:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jswede1149 For This Useful Post: