Yet Another New Rule For Couponers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 AM
is planning her next adventure.

My Mood/Status:
JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
News Yet another new rule for couponers...

I have yet to discuss my local Shaw's with anyone who has good things to say about it. And with good reason. It seems as if every time I visit, there's a new rule for coupon use. Here's the latest.

According to Jenn the Undoubler, a cashier I go out of my way to avoid, the store manager is no longer permitting "couponers" to split their orders (to do two transactions in a row). In the future, she says, I'll have to leave the store after each order and then return. So, technically, if I'm using even one coupon on a personal order but also picking up a few things for my 4-H group and need a separate receipt for that, I have to bring the first order out to the car and then shop again for the other items I need. Theoretically, if I don't use the coupon, I can do more than one transaction at a time. Does this strike anyone else as discriminatory? Perhaps the store manager should realize that my couponing this week increased his sales by several hundred dollars and stop making my life more complicated than it needs to be.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JudithMR For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:36 AM

RE: Yet another new rule for couponers...

Ready to accomplish something

My Mood/Status:
MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah thats pretty bad and does sound like discrimination. Where in Central Ma are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamasLooking4aDeal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 AM

saving what I can...

My Mood/Status:
cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cluttercollector has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
sorry you're having trouble
its always harder when someone is misinformed about couponing

That being said, I'm not sure I'd continue to bring my business to a store that seems to continually throw up roadblocks for honest couponers.
Particularly when it would seem yours is an employee issue and not a corporate one?

is there another shaws store in town or a nearby town you can go to instead?
I have 2 shaws here so if need be I could go to another...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluttercollector For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 04:55 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would contact corporate on this one and ask what their official policy is and then print up their email response to bring with you next time. Its people like this that need to get over their power trip and let people just be! I mean really!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rachelhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:01 AM

trying to figure out where to shop first~
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
patricia1018 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!patricia1018 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!patricia1018 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!patricia1018 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!patricia1018 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!patricia1018 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
This is totally unacceptable. I suggest you contact corporate, like rachel said. Shaw's is totally reimbursed for the coupons we use, when used appropriately, asd most of us do. again, where in Mass. are you? Too bad all of us here couldn't show up at ONCE for a full blown spree!!! Would that throw them for a loop!!
No, seriously, contact them and get a copy in hand to bring with you!
HTH
Patty
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patricia1018 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:04 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!stefani1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would DEFINITELY be contacting Corporate about this. They advertise EVERYWHERE that they are coupon friendly and all that good stuff. You are increasing their sales everytime you shop there with or without a coupon and they should appreciate that. You are keeping this girls job by shopping there and she should know that as well. This gets me so ticked!! I know they can make their own rules to a certain degree - but come on!!! If your not abusing it, then I don't understand what the problem is. Write to Corporate and ask what they are going to do about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefani1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
lassee143 has posted more than 150 good deals!lassee143 has posted more than 150 good deals!
They have been doing that at the Clinton MA store for about a month now. I don't shop there but my friend does .. she went in and out of the store 5 times the other day ... crazy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lassee143 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 AM

recouping from couponing

My Mood/Status:
momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!
I just found the friendliest store ever!! They cheered me on last night with back to back orders. I did have to go to my car to unload between runs but they didn't say one order at a time. In fact if anyone got in line behind me they opened another register. It was 10 oclock though so that didn't happen often. Have you spoken to the manager there? I would go armed with the coupon policy and an email from corporate stating their policy on separate orders/ multiple orders. That just makes no sense!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof4innh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:27 AM

MS-ing 4 another trip : )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I remember the feature on GMA with the coupon queen, Cathy. The Shaws you mentioned must be where she shopped at and her check-out looked so easy and uneventful (at least on TV ). another option is to contact her and she may have some clout after Shaws was featured in GMA.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JudithMR has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
You guys are great. I wasn't sure if I was overreacting, so it's nice to have some reassurance that I'm not being hypersensitive. I will contact corporate and will let you know the outcome.

It's the Clinton store I'm talking about. I did a number of back-to-back transactions this week, and no one said anything about it until yesterday afternoon.

Someone I met in the parking lot a couple of weeks ago recommended the Leominster store because it's more coupon-friendly. I'm a little hesitant to go there, though, because it's quite a bit farther from my house and, I've heard, in an iffy neighborhood. Does anyone shop there?
The Following User Says Thank You to JudithMR For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 06:28 AM

recouping from couponing

My Mood/Status:
momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!momof4innh has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
I remember the feature on GMA with the coupon queen, Cathy. The Shaws you mentioned must be where she shopped at and her check-out looked so easy and uneventful (at least on TV ). another option is to contact her and she may have some clout after Shaws was featured in GMA.
that was Seabrook NH she shopped at and I guess they are very friendly to couponers. We should start a list of the good ones and the bad ones LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof4innh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 07:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!10goodreasons has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Norwood ma. The FEM asked me if I wanted to do her shopping for her the other night. I asked her if business had been brisk and she said it was unbelieveable and then she pointed out to me that the store is the big winner here because all those 5 and 10 off Q's are from the manufacturer. They are really nice at that store and it's always busy. That good store/ bad store list is a great idea.
"I have generally found, in my experience, that it's their own money people are most particular about. I have seen people get rid of a good deal of other people's money and bear it very well: very well indeed."- Charles Dickens
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10goodreasons For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 10:34 AM

Ready to accomplish something

My Mood/Status:
MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!MamasLooking4aDeal has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithMR View Post
You guys are great. I wasn't sure if I was overreacting, so it's nice to have some reassurance that I'm not being hypersensitive. I will contact corporate and will let you know the outcome.

It's the Clinton store I'm talking about. I did a number of back-to-back transactions this week, and no one said anything about it until yesterday afternoon.

Someone I met in the parking lot a couple of weeks ago recommended the Leominster store because it's more coupon-friendly. I'm a little hesitant to go there, though, because it's quite a bit farther from my house and, I've heard, in an iffy neighborhood. Does anyone shop there?
No way! The Shaws in Leominster is fine, Im from Westminster and shopped at the Shaws in Leominster all the time! Its no way in a bad neighborhood its on a busy Road and right off Rte 2. I'd be more scared in Clinton but thats me LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamasLooking4aDeal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
lassee143 has posted more than 150 good deals!lassee143 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Love the Leominster store!!! Its right near the hospital and the neighborhood is fine..

there are a couple of cashiers that can be sticklers w/ coupons but I have NEVER had a problem there.

there is a new FEM that just came over from Groton and she is great .. she knows that the deals are based on PSP's .. I gave her this website and a few others to check out because she wants to start getting in on the good deals!!

Have you tried going to Gold Star Blvd in Worcester or the Shaws in Stowe?

Quote:

Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Judith, I can relate. I had a horid time when I did the joint juice deal a few months ago. I was scolded in front of my children and the other shoppers for doing multiple transactions when I had been told by a manager that I could do so and they'd open a register for me. I haven't seen that FEM since then either.

I typically go early morning or late night, and I've always been treated nicely by those crews. However, I DO know who to go to in Clinton. I know who will undouble and who is the most coupon friendly. If I see the nasty cashiers and FEM's working, I usually just do a quick transaction and come back later.

I'm pretty friendly with a few of the cashiers there and have even been asked to "teach them". They know that I'm in there with coupons and to get the deals. Otherwise I shop a different store. (Hannaford has cheaper shelf prices, if I have to pay full price for fruit and veggies.. I go there).

I WAS told at one time that I could only do 1 transaction per visit. Since then I've actually been told different. I went in one day and told the cashier that I'd be back to do another transaction and she asked me why I didn't just do both at the same time. She had no idea of the rule, and she's one of the old timers.

It's just SO bizarre. I do agree they make up their own rules. They're one of the stores who will only allow 6 like coupons total. Doesn't matter if they double or not. Typically I try to stick to that rule anyway.

Leominster is a nice store.. very coupon friendly. Groton and Stow are also very friendly. My husband does most of his couponing in Sudbury or Stow since it's on his way home from work. He like both of those stores, especially since they're not shopped a lot by couponers and always have stock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrendaS104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!BrendaS104 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh.. another thing about Clinton. This week most of the cashiers and FEM's are sick with flu. The people who are well are having to work days off and double shifts to cover... so they're pretty grouchy in general.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
Oh and and a little tip about Gold Star Blvd in Worcester. When I have time to myself I go there. They LOVE couponers. They take ANY coupon from any other store. If you have cats from other stores.. even walgreens or CVS, you can spend them there. They even take those little coupons on the Walgreens ads.

The Clinton store takes Market Basket coupons, and hannaford Cats/coupons only.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrendaS104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 12:31 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rachelhale has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamasLooking4aDeal View Post
No way! The Shaws in Leominster is fine, Im from Westminster and shopped at the Shaws in Leominster all the time! Its no way in a bad neighborhood its on a busy Road and right off Rte 2. I'd be more scared in Clinton but thats me LOL
I was in the Leominster store last Saturday night and the FEM was snickering and making some snide comments behind his hand thinking I couldn't hear him about some lady that came in and bought TONS of paper towel earlier in the day. He said something about crazy coupon people. He had to come over and provide a mgrs override for me to complete my transaction and I said to him "I guess I am just one of those crazy coupon people!"
The Following User Says Thank You to rachelhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 12:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
I know exactly who you are talking about and that kid can be a twit.. I didn't care for him for a while but now I joke w/ him and if he laughs behind my back or to my face .. who cares!!! I am the one laughing as I go to my car looking at my receipt knowing that I spent so little OOP!!!

I don't think he is an official FEM .. just ignore him or go along w/ him .. he tends to work nights and weekends if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelhale View Post
I was in the Leominster store last Saturday night and the FEM was snickering and making some snide comments behind his hand thinking I couldn't hear him about some lady that came in and bought TONS of paper towel earlier in the day. He said something about crazy coupon people. He had to come over and provide a mgrs override for me to complete my transaction and I said to him "I guess I am just one of those crazy coupon people!"
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
I guess I need to branch out more. I like the location of the Clinton store because it's less than five minutes from my house, but I'm going to try Leominister if the situation in Clinton doesn't improve. As it is, I go up to Leominster once a week to do the bulk of my shopping at the Market Basket.

So the store is really safe? I read on another board that there are armed security guards and that it's dangerous after dark. Maybe that was some sort of "in joke" that went over this newbie's head!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
I haven't tried Stow or Worcester yet. I'll keep those in mind as well. The others are too far, I think.

Thanks for all the advice, guys.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
I go there 2 nights a week .. have NEVER seen a security guard or cop ..

I have 3 market Baskets within 10 minutes of me .. I will not go to 2 of them due to where they are located (I was mugged once and am very cautious as to where I go and what my surroundings are) .. I will go to the one at Sears Town ..

Quote:
I guess I need to branch out more. I like the location of the Clinton store because it's less than five minutes from my house, but I'm going to try Leominister if the situation in Clinton doesn't improve. As it is, I go up to Leominster once a week to do the bulk of my shopping at the Market Basket.

So the store is really safe? I read on another board that there are armed security guards and that it's dangerous after dark. Maybe that was some sort of "in joke" that went over this newbie's head!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
I've never seen any security person at a Shaws. I've seen them out on the street directing traffic during the holiday tho.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrendaS104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 05:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jlondon has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was told by my frienly cashier in Scarborough, ME (I've slipped her a few Qs for deals lately) that they are going to start limiting the number of "carts" allowed for deals down to one. Not sure she meant transactions or carts. It happened since I noticed (and comented) there wasn't much inventory left for deals.

Of course this was Thrusday at lunch, last day of the sale and the only day that week I had been in that store.
I think something might be "up"
, and Smokie the 25 lb cat
, and Patti the rescue dog from AR - now 100 lbs-
-anyone have any high value Iams dog food Qs?
The Following User Says Thank You to jlondon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 04:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I have 3 market Baskets within 10 minutes of me .. I will not go to 2 of them due to where they are located (I was mugged once and am very cautious as to where I go and what my surroundings are) .. I will go to the one at Sears Town
I've been shopping at this MB since we moved to the area. The staff is always helpful, the prices are very good for everyday needs, and it generally feels pretty safe (though I did hear what sounded like a gunshot outside one evening--I'm hoping it was just a car backfiring). My only complaint is the bathroom (yuck!)--but perhaps they've remodeled it by now. I will NOT go in there.