Credit Card/Gift Card Deal At Safeway????

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:45 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Mom Of 5 Vultures

My Mood/Status:
SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Credit Card/Gift Card Deal at Safeway????

Does anyone know if there is something going on with buying Gift Cards with your Credit Card...i.e. using your Mastercard to buy a Mastercard gift card...AMEX to buy an AMEX gift card, etc, etc

The reason I ask...My hub just came back from Safeway and said the lady in front of him had 4 transactions, each transaction was for 7 each $100 gift cards totaling approx 741.00 or so... each transaction was paid with a credit card of the same type of gift Card...

I'm just wondering if I need to go buy some gift cards, .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM

RE: Credit Card/Gift Card Deal at Safeway????

My Mood/Status:
ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
That's really strange since it was seperate transactions. Why did it end up over $700 if it was for 7 $100 gift cards? Did she get something back?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 PM

lets go BLUES!
Um... I don't think I have a q for that...

My Mood/Status:
mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mgreen23 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Could have been a gift or a stolen credit card???
Old 10-26-2011, 09:32 PM

Mom Of 5 Vultures

My Mood/Status:
SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SomethingSnazzy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hub said she had 4 transactions each totaling $740 +/-...each transaction was paid using 4 different credit cards that matched the gift card; Amex GC paid with Amex, visa GC paid with visa, and 2 transactions MasterCard GC paid with 2 separate mastercards.

A couple months ago there was an offer if you bought a $500 GC you received $50 cat...which after the activation fee you could net $40 + ...and continue to roll the GC for another GC until you got tired of rolling it ... Lol

I just didn't want to miss something...and yes hub should be in time out for not being nosey like I would have been.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 PM

Mom Of 5 Vultures

My Mood/Status:
Ct there were 4 transactions each having 7 $100 GC's for each totaling approximately $2900 +

And each GC has it's own activation cost usually between 4.95-8.95 or so

Last edited by SomethingSnazzy; 10-26-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:28 AM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen23 View Post
Could have been a gift or a stolen credit card???
Yikes, that sounds likely!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!
Maybe she is trying to rack up points/rewards on her cards?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 AM

zerabero has posted more than 10 good deals
The lady in front of me was getting Visa cards today- and I WAS nosy ... she said it was for her work's holiday raffle, and there was no promo on 'em (she got 3, same Tx, $25, $50 and $100). The cashier didn't know of a promo, either...

I think either points, stolen, or maybe trying to head off the card(s) being declined for potential fraud transactions??
The Following User Says Thank You to zerabero For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 AM

is totally excited about all things free!!!

My Mood/Status:
sweet pea has posted more than 200 great deals!sweet pea has posted more than 200 great deals!sweet pea has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have personally tried to purchase amex for an amex and the register would not allow it. The cashier said the store does not allow such transactions for cash cards, but I was able to purchase the other cards I was buying on my amex for instance, movie gift cards and gas card. I like to have some cards around for gifts. Just my two cents don't know if that will help.

Tags
credit card, gift card, specials