Changes Made To POS Plenti Point Redemptions

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 05:07 PM
tried to stay away...but the deals are too good!
Coupon Ninja

My Mood/Status:
daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Unhappy Changes made to POS Plenti point redemptions

I just have to say ugh about this change, because for me it has been painful. I went to two stores this weekend and both POS systems had the change made, so I'm assuming it is chain-wide. The cashiers also didn't seem very knowledgeable about this either, so it doesn't look like corporate gave any clear training, knew how messed up it was going to be, or even told the stores anything.

Please BE AWARE, when your card is scanned, a message will pop up asking if you want to use your Plenti points on this transaction. I have no idea why they want to know this before any items are scanned and it looks like one of those donation request screens so it could be easily dismissed. If you hit no, you will be unable to use any of your Plenti points. They may be able to void your discount card and rescan it to get the message to pop up again, but YMMV.

Other problems relating to this change:

-- Other tenders cannot be used first. I tend to slide an FSA MasterCard through before I use points to cover anything eligible that way. However, when I tried this, it didn't allow me to use points even after we voided the discount card and rescanned it...it kept coming up invalid pin which I know it was not.

-- Two times at both stores, the cashiers hit the button to use ALL of my Plenti points to pay after scanning my last item without asking me! They had not scanned ANY of my coupons. Luckily I was buying a lot, but if you're like me, now that we have a longer time to use points, I tend to have a lot of points stored up. In other situations, it may have completed the purchase. They had to void the transaction and redo it both times, there was no way back.

-- If you want to buy gift cards, do it separately, all coupons seem to error out when trying to combine them even if the coupons aren't driving the total below the gift card price. Just be sure to scan your card if the gift cards are meant to give Plenti points back. I tend to combine my purchases so I don't forget.

Tips:
-- I hate to say this, but it might be best to not give your card until everything is scanned, including coupons. I really like to see what everything is scanning it, but lately the screens have been unreliable anyway. To me, this is the only way to ensure that they scan everything before trying to using all my points too soon.

-- If you do have your card scanned first, be EXPLICIT that you have coupons and not to automatically use all of your points.

-- If, for any reason, you do not want to use all of your points on the transaction, make sure to let the cashier know first. They now control how many points you will be redeeming and the easiest button for them is to use ALL eligible points.

-- If you want to use your FSA debit card, know what your total of eligible items is first. When it comes time to use points, you will need to do the math of how many points to use. (You will also want to be explicit with the cashier at the beginning that you will not be using all of your Plenti points on the transaction.) For ex. My total after coupons was $17.54 was, I had purchased band-aids for $2.79...I did quick, but not exact math, and asked that only $15 in points be used. You could buy the items separately too, I suppose, but then you'd also run the risk of them using all your Plenti points again.

I hope this helps avoid headaches for you...I'd like to save someone the trouble that I went through.

I love coupons!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daised For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 08:10 AM

RE: Changes made to POS Plenti point redemptions

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!lady_hlh has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I had one cashier tell me that you had to use all your points, at least I was only buying two things of Dial in that transaction. At the next store I asked another cashier and he said oh no we can let you use partial points the guy at the other store doesn't know what he is talking about. I don't like that the cashier now controls the points redemption, that is really messed up.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My last two trips, I paid $0.00 and had points left over. My coupons were scanned first, though!
The Following User Says Thank You to nmatson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2015, 07:28 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
I had one cashier tell me that you had to use all your points, at least I was only buying two things of Dial in that transaction. At the next store I asked another cashier and he said oh no we can let you use partial points the guy at the other store doesn't know what he is talking about. I don't like that the cashier now controls the points redemption, that is really messed up.
That hasn't (really) changed. If it comes up and says (for example) use your 723 points for up to $7.23 off, but you only spend $5.03, it will only deduct 503 points to cover the purchase amount and leave you with 220 points. It would only deduct all the points if your total was $7.23 or higher.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:30 AM

googolga has posted more than 10 good deals
I really wish Plenti was a better program... I'm left missing RA's old discount program, but I do appreciate being able to use Plenti points at AT&T, etc.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!nmatson has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm getting the hang of it. I spent $118 in cash Black Friday, but I won't be paying anything for the next couple months!
Old 12-04-2015, 11:12 AM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by googolga View Post
I really wish Plenti was a better program... I'm left missing RA's old discount program, but I do appreciate being able to use Plenti points at AT&T, etc.
You don't think it's the same (or really better)?

You still get the credit the following day (same), but now can use any amount of it (rather than having a $3 +UP you couldn't use on an item costing $2.50), it doesn't expire (for 2 years, but most likely you'll use it by then vs. the 2 weeks for the +UP), then the addition of other locations that take it.

The issues above seem to be temporary and/or just certain stores/cashiers not knowing how to use them. I've had coupons with every order and they scan them after the items as always with no issue, then use the points (and if needed cash after that).
Probably the hardest thing was trying to use $15 worth for gas the other day (since I had a lot after last weekend). The cashier there didn't know how to use them and it wasn't until she tried to enter the amount I was paying her (in cash) that it finally came up and asked if I wanted to use points. But in the end it was OK.