Plenti Points

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

tjsmith79 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Plenti points

I have made a few purchases that gave back Plenti points. I went in my local Rite Aid and picked up a few items. When I went to pay, I asked the manager if I could apply my Plenti points toward my purchase. He said he didn't know how to do that, but he will ask about it. Really??? I can't believe I am the first one to ask about this. You gave a company a new reward plan and didn't train them on how they work? Has anyone else ran into this problem? Can you give me some tips that I can give that manager that would walk him through the process? Thanks for any input. I don't know if I want to shop RA anymore until this is cleared up.
The Following User Says Thank You to tjsmith79 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2015, 09:59 AM

RE: Plenti points

My Mood/Status:
Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
It's a button you choose on the card swipe unit when you pay.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:42 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
That very well could be why, as perhaps others who get them either haven't used them or have spotted that button on the screen of the credit card scanning device and pushed it on their own.

Basically you push the button, it MAY ask for your PIN # (4 digits, which you should have set up when you registered the card on line) but I've only hit that maybe twice, then it'll show your total and ask if you want to use x points for $x off (up to whatever you have in points or the total order cost, whichever is smaller).

You hit OK and something comes up on their screen that they have to hit (probably the same as someone using a credit card) and it processes and (if needed) shows your remaining total to be paid with money or card of some sort.

Just a reminder - the button will NOT appear until your total is at least $2 and you have 200 Points or more in your account, and will disappear if your total drops below $2 (like with coupons).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillyGr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2015, 06:02 AM

tjsmith79 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Will the screen come up on the swipe screen even if you are paying in cash. I use cash instead of card most of the time.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:36 AM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes - I don't think I've ever used a credit card there. The reference to credit was just a name for that small screen that sits facing the customer (since it is also the thing one uses if using a credit card).
Old 07-14-2015, 09:39 AM

tried to stay away...but the deals are too good!
Coupon Ninja

My Mood/Status:
daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have also had the button disappear even when my total was more than $2. I'm not sure what the cashier had to do to get the button back but it seemed complicated. Otherwise I haven't had too much trouble redeeming my points using the customer screen.

I was actually the first experience for a number of cashiers who had never seen Plenti points redeemed...so I don't think it's a hard process for them even when they are unfamiliar with it.

I love coupons!
Old 07-14-2015, 11:22 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!samswift1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daised View Post
I have also had the button disappear even when my total was more than $2. I'm not sure what the cashier had to do to get the button back but it seemed complicated. Otherwise I haven't had too much trouble redeeming my points using the customer screen.

I was actually the first experience for a number of cashiers who had never seen Plenti points redeemed...so I don't think it's a hard process for them even when they are unfamiliar with it.
If the button disappears, you'd have to wait about 10 seconds before it comes back. I'm not sure if that's the same for everyone, but the button seems to play hide-n-seek with me most of the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Take a look at my wishlist (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) and see if there are any items you have to trade. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to samswift1 For This Useful Post: