Only Certain Flavors Of Gum Yielded An Up.

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 04:44 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

trevprit
Only certain flavors of gum yielded an up.

The week of March 9 there was a deal for multi-packs of Trident, Dentyne, and Stride, where if you bought 2 you got a $1 UP (with a limit of 4 ups). I bought 8 packs. Only one up printed.

I chatted with customer service two weeks ago and was told she was mailing the ups that did not print.

I realized earlier today that my ups should have been here by now.

So I used the chat feature.

I have been on twice today with the chat and both reps told me that only one of the flavors of gum I purchased qualified for the deal.

But the ad does not say that.

I don't understand, especially being that the ad does not specify.

I typed that and the last rep responded that i could call to get specifics prior to purchasing because the circular does not have enough room for additional info. Seriously?!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 07:23 PM

RE: Only certain flavors of gum yielded an up.

My Mood/Status:
chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah this week I didn't get all my ups either. But I just let it go. They were tagged in the store. Rite aid should honor it. And as far as no room in the ad, all it had to state was only certain flavors. Then an asterisk. On bottom says see stores.
I swear I never bother contacting CS! They are horrible. When they don't state clearly, and you take your time to call, they should still send it to you. As courtesy bc they made mistake. Not you. That's what good customer service is about!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnsal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 07:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!
No offense, but who are you supposed to call? We never received anything at store level to state what was or what was not included. It should be simple enough for the cashier or management to fix tho. Do a return on all the gum, price mod 2 packs at .67 and 1 at .66 and give the customer the dollar left as cash and not an UP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Danira For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danira
No offense, but who are you supposed to call? We never received anything at store level to state what was or what was not included. It should be simple enough for the cashier or management to fix tho. Do a return on all the gum, price mod 2 packs at .67 and 1 at .66 and give the customer the dollar left as cash and not an UP.
If you do t get ups. And your store does nothing, which some stores aren't as good as yours, then you call CS. That is what they are for. Not sure why you don't know that if you work there.
My store is usually good at fixing things. But a lot if stores aren't. And the CS for rite aid is not as great as others. At all!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!Danira has posted more than 300 great deals!
I've had to deal with their CS before I started working there and never again. It just makes no sense to me that if the ad isn't clearly worded and the store has no idea which gums are included or not, then how in the world is the customer supposed to know?!?!?!?!
If the store is really bad at their customer service skills, you should contact the DM over it. Mine would have a field day on any of her stores that did not give the customer what they wanted. Its a simple max loss of $4 if you buy all 12 to keep the customer happy .......

I wasn't trying to be mean at all with the 'No offense but who are you supposed to call'. Was just more shocked that they even said that since so many are clueless on what to do with it since nothing is mentioned on what or what not is included. Its an easy fix. It doesn't work, you make it work so the customer leaves happy.

The store will lose the $4 but they need to look at the bigger picture. Without giving you the $4 {if you maxed the deal}, you could leave and then they would lose all of your business ....
Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danira View Post
I've had to deal with their CS before I started working there and never again. It just makes no sense to me that if the ad isn't clearly worded and the store has no idea which gums are included or not, then how in the world is the customer supposed to know?!?!?!?!
If the store is really bad at their customer service skills, you should contact the DM over it. Mine would have a field day on any of her stores that did not give the customer what they wanted. Its a simple max loss of $4 if you buy all 12 to keep the customer happy .......

I wasn't trying to be mean at all with the 'No offense but who are you supposed to call'. Was just more shocked that they even said that since so many are clueless on what to do with it since nothing is mentioned on what or what not is included. Its an easy fix. It doesn't work, you make it work so the customer leaves happy.

The store will lose the $4 but they need to look at the bigger picture. Without giving you the $4 {if you maxed the deal}, you could leave and then they would lose all of your business ....
oh I didnt think you were. It sounds like you have a better store than some. My store is good, but they have no idea what to do if ups doesn't print. I just let it go, I like my store too much to worry about it. Where's your store? I want to go!!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
We are in the middle of nowhere in Michigan .... My store manager is the best though. She never wants a customer to leave unhappy. Thankfully the new DM is the same. Makes it a lot easier on me when she isn't there because it isn't the attitude that only the store manager can fix it. I am able to fix anything and allowed to within reason. There is another store about a half hour away .... they aren't always the best so several of their customers do come to us because if we don't have it, we will go get it and if something doesn't work, we make it work.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
That's the way it should be. Then customers will come to you for everything. I do. Even with no coupons. I go to stores that appreciate me. Sounds like your store does. Good for your Manager. And you!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:19 PM

trevprit
Thanks for the replies.

I came home today and my $3 in ups were here.

I had already told myself to never leave the store without making sure they hadn't rung me up more than once for each item (it's happened before).

So now I have to be stricter with myself that no matter what I MUST check for my UP rewards as well.