(2) $25 +UP Rewards -- ??'s On How To Use.

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
rzawora has posted more than 10 good deals
(2) $25 +UP Rewards -- ??'s on how to use.

Hello all, and thanks in advance for your help. I used (2) coupons in this week's ad that awarded (2) $25 +UP rewards for transferring 2 prescriptions from a different pharmacy. It was a no-brainer for me because my wife and I had already been in the process of switching from Walgreens to Rite-Aid anyhow. The 2 prescriptions cost me $6, so it was like a profit of $44!!! Hopefully it will be more than that once I start using the +UPs to buy more items that award +UPs.
But I have a couple questions I'm hoping you all can help me out with, as I'm new to Rite-Aid shopping, and I don't know all the technicals of their +UPs program. I tried looking for my answer and didn't find it either. Here's what's up...
From my shopping trip Sunday I have (2) $25 +UPs, (2) $3 +UPs, & (1) $1 +UP on my card. I think I read somewhere that the register automatically uses the highest +UP first and works it's way down, is that correct? Let's say I go in tomorrow and want to buy $3 worth of gum, is that going to "burn up" one of my $25 +UPs, or would those not trigger until I spent more, and it would just use one of the $3 +UPs? Let's say I go in and buy $30 worth of items (after all coupons), would that burn up both $25 +UPs or would it take one $25 +UP, one $3 +UP, and one $1 +UP leaving me paying $1 OOP? Do you simply tell the cashier when and which +UPs to use?
I hope someone takes the time to explain this to me, I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using AFullCup
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 PM

RE: (2) $25 +UP Rewards -- ??'s on how to use.

My Mood/Status:
chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would love to help you. But I have mine printed so that doesn't happen!!! I think the register automatically takes them off. But it will not take $3 off of a $25. I think it works the same way it's printed. Meaning if you were gonna buy say $35 worth of items. And you use $10 in coupons. It would use the $25. But I think if you only have it on your card and you were to buy $30 worth of items , it uses your ups before you give them coupons. So if you have a $25 and a$5. It would use them both. So you would not be able to use all your coupons totaling $10. Bc you would be over. If you had them printed out. You could use your coupons first , then hand over whatever ups you could use.
Again, I'm not positive but I think that's what happens. That's why I have them printed. You also have to have exact or more to use the ups. Example, if you can give coupons first, which you can when you print them, after all coupons. Look at the subtotal. That's all you can give them. They can not adjust an ups. Probably why you mad out in using all your coupons when they are on your card. Their system automatically uses the ups.
I hope this helps a little. It again I'm not 100% certain. If I were you. I would ask them to print to your card , before you earn anymore. So that the other ones are printed. Then do a huge transaction that would be over what you have in ups. So that all of them are used with your coupons too. The cashiers use to be able to opt you out of putting on card. Not sure if they still do it. If not, just call CS. They can do it.
Again hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnsal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2014, 07:00 PM

marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Do you use coupons? If you do, you will not be able to use coupons since your ups are in line to be used. Say you purchased something $25 and have $5 worth of coupons, it will use your ups first, and your coupons are worthless, unless you buy more items to use up all your ups, and your $5 coupons. It's a little confusing but I would definitely opt out of load2card so you will have control of your rewards.
The Following User Says Thank You to marycoupon879 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
rzawora has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks chrisnsal!

In my searches I just read about being able to clip and unclip them individually in the phone app as a means to somewhat "control" them. I'm confused as to what I'm reading about them +UPs being applied before coupons and how that affects things. I'm still searching and reading.

I'll definitely be switching to printed +UPs. Now the question is when to do it? Does it affect the ones I currently have? Will they print those out? Anyone know if switching will cause me to lose the ones I have?

Sent from my iPad using AFullCup
Old 03-24-2014, 07:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chrisnsal has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
You won't lose anything. But the ones on your card will not print. Only the new ones will. Once they switch it. That's why u recommended you switched before you got anything else. And you can still use coupons, you just have to be over your total ups. I think you said you had around $59? So if you had let's says $15 in coupons that you want to use. You would have to spend $75 , bc they will apply all of your ups. But you would have a balance. So then you can hand over coupons. If you already switch for ups to print. Anything you buy that gives you ups in that trip will print at the end of the receipts. That's what I would do.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnsal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 11:39 AM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
An easy thing to do would be to have it switched to printing the +Up's, then just go in and get $7 worth of something (to use the smaller +Up's already on the card).

That way, you could then make 2 transactions to use the $25 ones, since it wouldn't take the second $25 until your total was $50.

Thus you could buy items totalling up to $49 in each and use up to $24 in coupons without having to worry about it.

Just be sure to check and see how long those $25 are good for - most regular ones are only good for 14 days, and you wouldn't want them to expire. These may have a longer date (but not necessarily) - it should show you what they are dated somewhere in your account.