Purex Deal Question

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 01:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

cammerz has posted more than 10 good deals
purex deal question

Hi guys, my friend showed me a link yesterday that gives instructions on how to print more than 2 coupons on coupon.com and I tried it for the purex and it printed! Now the question is... Since the deal is buy 1 get 2 free.. Would I be able to use the $3/2 and 4 $1/1 ? Would that cause problems since the latter would be for free items ??? TIA !!!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 01:15 PM

RE: purex deal question

PriceCheckChick has posted more than 200 great deals!PriceCheckChick has posted more than 200 great deals!PriceCheckChick has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammerz
Hi guys, my friend showed me a link yesterday that gives instructions on how to print more than 2 coupons on coupon.com and I tried it for the purex and it printed! Now the question is... Since the deal is buy 1 get 2 free.. Would I be able to use the $3/2 and 4 $1/1 ? Would that cause problems since the latter would be for free items ??? TIA !!!
Yes, you can use coupons on the free items at some stores (cvs and walgreens). I don't know about rite aid. In assuming you plan to buy six. I only know of a few ways to produce more coupons and they all produce fraudulent coupons....each coupon from coupons.com must have a unique number or it is a "copy". This goes for workarounds like turning your printer off and printing again from your cue. I believe the same coupons will print, rather than uniquely coded ones. However, I've not tried it. So, you'd be "making" essentially copied coupons that can be tracked back to your IP address. in my experience, such coupon production is not supported by afc or any of the major coupon blogs. So, sounds like you are new if you are asking this, I would use other devices to get more coupons, rather than making copies from your print cue...unless you want to be that person on the five I'clock news.

Last edited by PriceCheckChick; 03-19-2014 at 01:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PriceCheckChick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 01:20 PM

Yes you are right! I didn't realize that. can't do the deal then. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME REALIZE THIS BEFORE I END UP ON TV!! so glad I came to this site!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cammerz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 01:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Rite Aid's coupon policy does not allow you to use a coupon on the free item.
The Following User Says Thank You to gravyqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 01:28 PM

PriceCheckChick has posted more than 200 great deals!PriceCheckChick has posted more than 200 great deals!PriceCheckChick has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyqueen
Rite Aid's coupon policy does not allow you to use a coupon on the free item.
Oh, sorry, just realized this was for rite aid! Wag and cvs will let you stack on a free
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceCheckChick
Oh, sorry, just realized this was for rite aid! Wag and cvs will let you stack on a free
Edited answer. Boo on rite aid!
The Following User Says Thank You to PriceCheckChick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Yes you are right! I didn't realize that. can't do the deal then. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME REALIZE THIS BEFORE I END UP ON TV!! so glad I came to this site!
No sweat. Just download the app if you can I your smartphone and iPads...all those print additional coupons with unique numbers
Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceCheckChick View Post
Edited answer. Boo on rite aid!
Rite Aid used to allow it but doesn't anymore.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM

ok I downloaded the coupon app on my phone so I should be alright. I am probably going to try and do it at cvs. Hopefully they won't give me any problems. have you guys tried the Nivea deal at Walmart? I heard it's a mm there
Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
ok I downloaded the coupon app on my phone so I should be alright. I am probably going to try and do it at cvs. Hopefully they won't give me any problems. have you guys tried the Nivea deal at Walmart? I heard it's a mm there
Cvs is pretty coupon friendly. I bought twelve packs there this week. You may need a raincheck at this point.

Sorry, I never coupon Walmart now --it was always a debacle.
The Following User Says Thank You to PriceCheckChick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceCheckChick
Cvs is pretty coupon friendly. I bought twelve packs there this week. You may need a raincheck at this point. Sorry, I never coupon Walmart now --it was always a debacle.
Do you think cvs will require me to have my brothers card on hand in order to do the transaction or could I just tell them to enter in his number? i hope there's no raincheck at cvs. I know rite aid has boxes on boxes of purex waiting for people to grab. Yesterday I was there and they had sooooo many just out in the open! I hope cvs has restocked.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Do you think cvs will require me to have my brothers card on hand in order to do the transaction or could I just tell them to enter in his number? i hope there's no raincheck at cvs. I know rite aid has boxes on boxes of purex waiting for people to grab. Yesterday I was there and they had sooooo many just out in the open! I hope cvs has restocked.
They can look it up by a phone number registered with the card
Old 03-19-2014, 03:45 PM

Ok, I just went to cvs to ask about using the $1/1 along with the $3/2 for the purex deal.. The cashier said it we can't do that!!!! Ugh is he wrong or does it depend on management?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Show them the policy...this is what it says:
Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total
o Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos;
customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax.

You might also call corporate and tell them the store refused to take the coupons on a b1g2 deal. In my experience, not all cvs know their policy and once in a while they are just punks...I have a great store...but there are some bad ones in my area. I go to the friendly one.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM

I wish I could say the same about the cvs in my city. Some of them are just complete punks and don't even know their own policy! it annoys me to no end when they act like they know it all. I bet they haven't even read through their own policy .
The Following User Says Thank You to cammerz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 05:20 PM

seahorse22 has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm guessing they didn't let you use the $3/2 because its for the larger size Purex that is not included in the B2G1.
The Following User Says Thank You to seahorse22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse22
I'm guessing they didn't let you use the $3/2 because its for the larger size Purex that is not included in the B2G1.
Oh is that so? The $3/2 worked when I checked out.. I think it is for the same size..
Old 03-19-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammerz View Post
Oh is that so? The $3/2 worked when I checked out.. I think it is for the same size..
Idk - I have not printed that coupon--I used whatever was in the newspaper. It might have a size restriction on it. But I don't think that's why the cvs cashier didn't let you use both. You have two problems-! you might go to one of the coupon blogs or the cvs threads here and look up what other scenarios folks have done. And be sure to take your policy if you go back. I used three $1/2 coupons last sunday on 6 purex with no issues - at two stores. It does kinda sound to me like the $3/2 might be for a larger size...they usually are if it's that high of a value. It might scan okay--but that doesn't make it a valid coupon for that product. Lots of coupons scan fine for various products in a product line, but don't match what the coupon says.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
jm898 has posted more than 100 good deals!jm898 has posted more than 100 good deals!
The 3/2 in the newspaper is for the larger sizes not for the ones on sale for b1g2...
Old 03-19-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm898
The 3/2 in the newspaper is for the larger sizes not for the ones on sale for b1g2...

Really?! It worked fine for me. a lot of people have used it. Maybe you guys are right. The cashier might have not looked at it correctly. so many problems when I go couponing
Old 03-20-2014, 05:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!no1tvfan63 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
im concerned for you in reading this. please beware of printing more than 2 coupons per computer from coupons.com or anywhere. each coupon printed to each IP address has a unique code. when you "cheat" the system (yes there are ways to do this) the coupon will print but it has the 'same' code which then makes it a fraudulent coupon. using fraudulent coupons will land you in 'legal' troubles i dont think you'd want to be in. these coupons CAN be traced back to the original source of the IP adress AKA : YOU! by law coupons can not be duplicated in any way, by photo copying or 'capturing' coupons to print multiples. if you need more than 2 coupons use multiple computers! its the only legal way to do it.
just trying to look out for a fellow couponer who may not understand what she is doing is wrong. 'cheating' the system is not the way to get enough coupoons to do a deal, if that is what you are doing. if I misunderstood what you said, please forgive me for my concern.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1tvfan63
im concerned for you in reading this. please beware of printing more than 2 coupons per computer from coupons.com or anywhere. each coupon printed to each IP address has a unique code. when you "cheat" the system (yes there are ways to do this) the coupon will print but it has the 'same' code which then makes it a fraudulent coupon. using fraudulent coupons will land you in 'legal' troubles i dont think you'd want to be in. these coupons CAN be traced back to the original source of the IP adress AKA : YOU! by law coupons can not be duplicated in any way, by photo copying or 'capturing' coupons to print multiples. if you need more than 2 coupons use multiple computers! its the only legal way to do it. just trying to look out for a fellow couponer who may not understand what she is doing is wrong. 'cheating' the system is not the way to get enough coupoons to do a deal, if that is what you are doing. if I misunderstood what you said, please forgive me for my concern.

Thanks for your concern! someone has already told me and I ended up printing from different computers
The Following User Says Thank You to cammerz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
I wish I could say the same about the cvs in my city. Some of them are just complete punks and don't even know their own policy! it annoys me to no end when they act like they know it all. I bet they haven't even read through their own policy .
I would take the PPs advice and contact CVS CS, they will call the store and instruct them on the correct policy. Unless the staff really hates couponers, one call should be all that is necessary. When I first started couponing I had to contact CVS CS for various issues at various stores. At every store except for one, all that was ever necessary was the initial contact. I was always polite about it and just asked for a clarification and then when CS told me I was correct in what I had thought I asked that they contact the store because there was a misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse22 View Post
Quote:
I dont believe most CVS carry the size that the $3/2 coupon was for. If Purex asks for an accounting, odds are good they wont be reimbursed for whatever coupons they accepted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.