Be Aware: L2C Floss Coupon Not Working

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 12:36 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

lflion has posted more than 200 great deals!lflion has posted more than 200 great deals!lflion has posted more than 200 great deals!
Unhappy Be Aware: L2C Floss Coupon not working

Went to RiteAid this morning to get (among other things) the Oral B Floss deal ($3, get 3up) and also had a .75 L2C coupon loaded "Save $.0.75 on ONE Oral-B Glide Floss 35M or larger...." Got the Original Glide Prohealth 54.6yd (>35M) and the L2C coupon did not come off. The $0.50 L2C coupon on Oral B toothbrushes did. (This is why I hate L2C and how all the stores seem to be running to it. Should have just used my paper $1/2 P&G coupon!) I thought no problem, I'll call customer service, since they've always been really helpful in the past.

Well, just spent 20 minutes in which the person claimed that the store manager needs to handle it, since they can't "see" what I bought or what's loaded to my card - of course the store manager can't "see" my L2C either. Since I didn't want to spend gas returning to the store I asked to speak with a call center manager but they were all "in a meeting". She could take my info and have someone call me and after getting all the data from the top of the receipt, she wanted me to run down every number for every item on the receipt. Really?? Corporate can't call up my receipt given the transaction #, store #, register #, and date?? Exactly how can they even run a L2C program if there isn't a corporate computer out there matching purchases and loaded coupons??

Ok, sorry, end rant. But when I have this trouble at Kroger or Martins, it's always handled so efficiently by comparison. Guess I'll just wait for my call...
The Following User Says Thank You to lflion For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 11:17 PM

RE: Be Aware: L2C Floss Coupon not working

My Mood/Status:
Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Ugh!
I feel for ya.

I am always pleasantly surprised when L2C works but never count on it.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:15 AM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I believe given how the paper coupons look that the L2C should be a match up as well. Thanks for the warning that it may not work.

At CVS the CS reps need 48 hours before they can see the receipts but I know I have called the same day for RA and they have been able to see my purchases. I dont know if the rep I had was an idiot or if what they can see is more jumbled because I had 2 trxns on my card and I only initially gave the receipt # that I had issues with (Ups not printing) and they kept trying to tell me that the Ups had printed. I had gotten Ups for the same deal in a prior trxn but had not yet met my limit and the second trxn was the one that was a problem. I finally kind of got the rep to understand but it doesnt seem like their information is clearly identified (or the rep I got was an idiot). This was several months ago so I guess there could have been a system overhaul on their end. But I do agree, a L2C system where one cant *see* the other is stupid.

If you get no where with CS and want to try at the store, you could show the store manager your L2C coupons on a phone. Or if you dont have a smartphone, you could print out the list of loaded to card coupons. I have done that at SR when an ecoupon didnt come off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2013, 11:45 AM

lflion has posted more than 200 great deals!lflion has posted more than 200 great deals!lflion has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks for your thoughts.

I just seems so obviously a corporate-level problem to me, not a store-level problem. Surely in this ultra-wired world there's someone at corporate who CAN see everything. I mean, think how the SCR program used to work - you gave them the info at the top of the receipt and they then knew what you bought and what rebates you had earned. When I've had these issues with Kroger or Martins and emailed customer service, I have received prompt replies either explaining why my coupon didn't work or crediting me with instant $-off on-my-card coupons. The Rite Aid rep said "Well, this isn't them, this is Rite Aid." Yeah, no kidding!!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!gravyqueen has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the info. I'm was thinking about getting floss... I give toothpaste away to everyone and I still have more than I could ever use. I have a hard time passing up a money maker though.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM

Store manager called today to apologize for the problem - I apologized to him that he had to get involved in an issue out of his control. I'm supposed to mention it next time I'm there to get my 75 cents back. That solves my problem but doesn't fix the deeper one of stores all rushing to these card-loaded coupons that may or may not get triggered.... So glad I opted out of card-loaded ups, though lately my printed ups almost never scan at the register. But the cashier always pushes them through for me.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 PM

Dixie1392 has posted more than 10 good deals
How do you l2c coupons for Rite Aid? I asked the cashier if you could just load them to your card and they told me no. Is this the Video values coupons or something else? I don't have Internet access from home and can't print coupons anymore so the l2c is best for me right now
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie1392 View Post
How do you l2c coupons for Rite Aid? I asked the cashier if you could just load them to your card and they told me no. Is this the Video values coupons or something else? I don't have Internet access from home and can't print coupons anymore so the l2c is best for me right now
L2C
L2C is another RiteAid.com feature. It's under the Save tab when you log in. To me it looks like a lot of the printable coupons in one place (ie. coupons.com; etc.). You just click on the offers that interest you ( I usually just click them all) and the coupon gets "loaded" onto your Wellness card. They usually have much longer expiration dates than the printables or even the newspaper coupons. I currently have over 300 loaded to my card now. Unfortunately they don't always work when you want them to (I've "saved" 24.50 this year with the L2C.. which is low when you think about the fact that I have 300+ coupons on my card) so I rarely count on them to do so.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie1392 View Post
It does sound like L2C would be perfect for your situation. Thanks, Relique for a great tutorial.