Price Check- Craig Laptop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Price Check- Craig Laptop

Can someone please tell me the regular price of the Craig netbook that is on sale starting tomarrow? I wanna get 2 for my daughters for Christmas, and wondering if my 20% would trump the $88 sale.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:05 AM

RE: Price Check- Craig Laptop

Morgan Hemlock

sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Pass on that laptop sister. I was going to get one to play around with some code bc my regular laptop is a lenovo thinkpad - and it is heavy.

The processor was slow, the os was non-existant and linux did not install well. Unless you don't plan on using windows get it. If you plan on using windows pass and don't waste your money.
[u]I AM TRADING BOX TOPS FOR COUPONS! PM me for details! See my blog (on AFC) for more details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![u]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakitan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM

donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!
It's $119.99 at my Rite Aid, which is one of the higher-priced RAs, so it would be cheaper with the sale. I'm sorry to hear it's not a good one, though - I'd love to have something light to take on trips. I don't need to do any serious computing on it, just email and internet access to check out local information. Do you think it would be okay for that?
The Following User Says Thank You to donnaval For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 PM

Morgan Hemlock

sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sakitan has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Here is the link to the specs...
Craig Electronics Inc.

I know some people aren't so computer savvy when it comes to just seeing the specs so I will break it down - they are bad

Operating System : Android 2.2
CPU Frequency : 800MHz Not fast. I haven't had/seen a computer running an 800Mhz single core since my Intel P3 (1999-2005). That is old.
NandFlash : 4GB Not a lot depending on what you are doing.
Built-in 256MB DDR III Prepare to wait a while for apps to open. It is sluggish and slow. I haven't seen a computer with 256 MB of RAM as starter since... since 2001. Most come with at least 1GB even for netbooks
7 inch Digital Display (800 x 480) Alert! If you have bad vision or suffer from headaches due to bad vision or forced squinting, you will get more headaches.
LAN : 10/100M Ethernet Access
Built-in WiFi (802.11b/g)
Support Video Format : MP4/AVI(Xvid, H.263, Divx)/3GP Play/H.263/H.264
Support Audio Format : MP3/WMA/WAV/AAC/AAC+play
Support Photo Format : JPEG/GIF
USB Port : 3 x USB2.0
Microphone Jack
Headphone Jack
Ethernet RJ-45 Jack
SD/MMC Card Slot (Max. Support 32GB) This was actually nice, but it adds to the cost and took forever to read a full SD Card
Rechargeable Battery with approximate 6 Hours Working Time
Keyboard : Standard English 86 keys
Support External Keyboard, Mouse
2.2 inch Touch Board, Left Key, Right Key
Built-in Stereo Speakers (2 x 0.5W RMS)
Support Applications: YouTube, SlideMe Market Place, Twitter, Web Browser, Google Gmail, Documents to Go, NotePad, Contacts, Map

I installed a stock version of Android and looked to CyanogenMod for answers, then I tried a light version of Windows. All bad ideas.

Laptop was reset to factory, packaged up and I took it back.

Everything was hard to read and I don't wear glasses (often; I don't need to).
[u]I AM TRADING BOX TOPS FOR COUPONS! PM me for details! See my blog (on AFC) for more details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![u]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakitan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 05:06 PM

donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!
Thanks so much sakitan - I really appreciate the info since I am definitely NOT computer savvy! Icould get this for almost $0 out of pocket since I have a ton of UPs, but I think I'll pass based on your info. I just want something simple, but I want it to be usable and not cause me pain .
The Following User Says Thank You to donnaval For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 12:24 AM

Morgan Hemlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaval View Post
Thanks so much sakitan - I really appreciate the info since I am definitely NOT computer savvy! Icould get this for almost $0 out of pocket since I have a ton of UPs, but I think I'll pass based on your info. I just want something simple, but I want it to be usable and not cause me pain .
Np. There are a bunch of laptops out there for maybe twice that price that are amazing. Refurbished is the way to go for me since I don't mind secondhand stuff.

Also, I used some UPs on this when I bought it - I have about $13 UPs, and they refused to give them back until I called CS... so $88 in UPs might go bye bye depending on how cool you are with teh store...
The Following User Says Thank You to sakitan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Grounded for Life

princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!princess_skrappy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks so much for your reports and opinons guys. I really appreciate it! I will be passing. My girls are 7 & 10, but I wanted something that would work for them! I guess they won'y be getting oen yet! Thanks everyone!